Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 08:07 AM

647 posts, read 2,077,327 times

Advertisements

I live right near the border of TN and GA but I grew up in Kentucky, so here are my teams:

--MLB-Atlanta Braves but I also follow the Cincinnati Reds (a childhood favorite in Ky.)

--NFL-Pittsburgh Steelers and Cincinnati Bengals

--NCAA Basketball/Football-Kentucky Wildcats, but I like any good SEC game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 10:03 AM

6,295 posts, read 11,005,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatwave13 View Post
I live right near the border of TN and GA but I grew up in Kentucky, so here are my teams:

--MLB-Atlanta Braves but I also follow the Cincinnati Reds (a childhood favorite in Ky.)

--NFL-Pittsburgh Steelers and Cincinnati Bengals

--NCAA Basketball/Football-Kentucky Wildcats, but I like any good SEC game.
I have to ask. How can you possibly manage liking both the Bengals and Steelers? That's like being a fan of both the Yankees and Red Sox. I've spent time in both Cincinnati and Pittsburgh and it is evident that neither city likes the other and without a doubt the fans of both teams hate the other with a real passion.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:44 AM

513 posts, read 526,728 times
Birmingham, Alabama
NFL: No one watches NFL here, except for the commercials of the super bowl. If backed into a corner, I would say Saints (even before this last year).
NHL: No one watches NHL here.
NBA: Out of sight, out of mind
MLS: People would care if we had a team, but we don't. Soccer does well here
MLB: Braves
College football: Auburn and Notre Dame (Auburn and Alabama are major here. In Alabama, a mixed marriage refers to a Auburn fan married to an Alabama fan.)
College basketball: UAB

Old 08-17-2010, 10:59 AM

647 posts, read 2,077,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
I have to ask. How can you possibly manage liking both the Bengals and Steelers? That's like being a fan of both the Yankees and Red Sox. I've spent time in both Cincinnati and Pittsburgh and it is evident that neither city likes the other and without a doubt the fans of both teams hate the other with a real passion.
I've been a steeler fan since I was a kid, however, growing up so close to Cincinnati, the Bengals were always on tv and always in the papers, etc. so I always kept up with them as well. To this day I still follow the Cincinnati teams, although none of their teams is my "favorite" team.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:02 PM

399 posts, read 721,200 times
Live in South Florida (Broward County)

I'm pretty much a casual fan of sports these days, but here goes:

MLB: Mets, Marlins, Angels (in that order)
NFL: No real favorite team, I'll watch a Dolphins game occasionally and root for them to win, but I'm not a hardcore fan. I rooted for the Saints in the last Super Bowl, because I like teams that used to suck and become good (I also rooted for Tampa Bay in Super Bowl XXXVII).
NBA: Heat, Lakers (if they meet in the finals this year, as some have predicted, I will have a dilemma)
NHL: Don't follow hockey
NCAA: Southern Cal (my alma mater) and Illinois (my mom has a graduate degree from there, and I attended their University HS when she was in school)

Old 08-17-2010, 12:30 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,715,106 times
Live in suburban Oklahoma City, born and bred Texan

NFL - Cowboys for me. Most people here are Cowboy fans I think, but now since Sam Bradford is in St Louis a lot of the locals are turning into Rams fans. Also, lots of Vikings fans here due to Adrian Peterson.
MLB - Astros for me. Most folks here are Rangers fans.
NBA - The Thunder, of course.
NHL - couldn't care less
NCAA - for me, it's Texas A&M, followed by the University of Arkansas. Then, whoever is playing the University of Texas. Most everyone else here is either an OU Sooner or OSU Cowboy fans, also followed by whoever is play UT.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:18 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,531,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
Live in suburban Oklahoma City, born and bred Texan

NFL - Cowboys for me. Most people here are Cowboy fans I think, but now since Sam Bradford is in St Louis a lot of the locals are turning into Rams fans. Also, lots of Vikings fans here due to Adrian Peterson.
MLB - Astros for me. Most folks here are Rangers fans.
NBA - The Thunder, of course.
NHL - couldn't care less
NCAA - for me, it's Texas A&M, followed by the University of Arkansas. Then, whoever is playing the University of Texas. Most everyone else here is either an OU Sooner or OSU Cowboy fans, also followed by whoever is play UT.
We have something in common.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:38 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,695,448 times
This forum is just one giant contradiction...

If you look in the "Which cities should have major league teams" thread, everyone argues that "NHL should be in the north".... Then the southerners pipe up and say "It doesn't matter, they still have fans"... but then you come in here and everyone from the south lists their NHL team as "Couldnt care less" or "Dont follow"

Old 08-17-2010, 03:40 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,695,448 times
Like I said

Old 08-17-2010, 03:51 PM

1,126 posts, read 4,548,468 times
Raised in RI now live in Boston. My mom is from Southie, whole accent and all. So basically if I wasn't a Sox fan i'd be disowned by my own family. Seriously. In addition to the Celts, Bruins and Pats. In that Order.

Its kinda sick how passionate people take sports in this area of the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.