Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 06:25 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,194,689 times

Advertisements

Thread is cleaned up. Please get back on topic and report any posts that are off topic. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 06:26 AM

2,413 posts, read 5,749,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
I did, and found nothing. You're the one who said other airports do, so please, enlighten us with what you know. I'm not talking gospel groups either. I mean on the caliber of what I already posted.
If you can find a website where people are talking about how much they love JFK, then you can find where other Airports have held concerts.

Lisa Campbell gave stunning free San Diego Airport concert - National Airlines/Airport | Examiner.com

Live concerts add local flavor to Nashville airport - USATODAY.com

Concerts Are Often Held At Austin-Bergstrom Airport

SFO - San Francisco International Airport - press releases

Old 08-30-2010, 06:29 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,194,689 times
Tampa International has won many awards over the years. Haven't been there in a while but I like the layout. One of the worst airports I have been to was Detroit, but that was several years ago.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:52 AM

27,213 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
I really like Tampa International.

Very vertical & compact, and a great central location. The views of the Bay and the surrounding metro from the rooftop parking garage are beautiful.

At last, it only took 50 posts to get there..

Tampa International has long been considered one of the best airports based on design and efficiency. Conde Naste Magazine named it the best airport in the US and one of the top 3 in the world.

TPA | About TPA | Photo Gallery

Old 08-30-2010, 11:06 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,364,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Tampa International has won many awards over the years. Haven't been there in a while but I like the layout. One of the worst airports I have been to was Detroit, but that was several years ago.
You should see the new McNamara Terminal in Detroit. It feels like you have stepped into the future.
MetroAirport.com

The old terminal was one of the worst in the country, imo.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:36 AM

1,669 posts, read 6,234,824 times
I hate traveling through LAX. You have to go outside security to get anywhere at that Airport.

I like Airports that are designed to allow you to travel to any terminal/gate after a single security screening or with no additional security screening if you are just connecting to a flight on a different airline.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:50 AM

1,360 posts, read 2,951,063 times
What? No negative votes for Philly? This has got to be among the worst to fly thru , especially in winter. Lots of overlap of runways, and very tight areas for planes between the gates. Result: long delays.
Pittsburgh is very efficient, particularly now that it is no longer a hub. Simple layout, east in, easy out.
Detroit was a disaster a few years back- 'thought I heard they have improved it.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:59 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,364,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving123456 View Post
I hate traveling through LAX. You have to go outside security to get anywhere at that Airport.

I like Airports that are designed to allow you to travel to any terminal/gate after a single security screening or with no additional security screening if you are just connecting to a flight on a different airline.
In all fairness to LAX, it's really a victim of the age it was developed.

I really can't imagine the hassle of connecting there to other airlines, but as a place to begin or end your trip it really isn't bad at all.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:00 AM

1 posts, read 1,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
I did, and found nothing. You're the one who said other airports do, so please, enlighten us with what you know. I'm not talking gospel groups either. I mean on the caliber of what I already posted.
[url=http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-35116807]America's Best and Worst Airports[/url]

Looks like the people have spoken...

They clearly don't like your NY airports located in ghettoville

Old 08-31-2010, 05:41 AM

647 posts, read 2,083,331 times
Just from my experiences:

Best Airport-Cincinnati or John Wayne in Orange Co., Cal.

Worst--Dulles in Wash. DC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.