Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 09:56 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,755,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
The real question is what police force doesn't suck.
I'd think we'd have to go into Canada for that one.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:22 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,321,275 times
Quote:
The real question is what police force doesn't suck.
Right! But up in Arcata\ Eureka California they hold a marijuana smoke-in on the beach each year and the police are there only to keep people from walking on certain endangered habitat wildflowers. Believe it not.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:40 PM

614 posts, read 1,756,941 times
Am i right that the Atlanta Police Department is pretty screwed up.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:55 PM

46 posts, read 158,070 times
Maybe y'all remember this a-hole in Baltimore

YouTube - Baltimore cops V.S. skateboarder

YouTube - Skateboard-Hating Baltimore Cop at it Again

Old 08-01-2010, 01:53 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,202,157 times
SFPD is pretty crooked. Crime stats are screwed with (every single domestic violence related aggravated assault was omitted from the aggravated assault stats by the SFPD, since at least 2005... that's an average of 1,200 uncounted aggravated assaults a year), and crimes are often classified as less-severe crimes to keep stats low (some burglaries and robberies listed as petty theft...even some pretty obvious murders or deaths that would be considered felony-murder anywhere else are sometimes listed as a suicide, manslaughter, or accident here). If you have a relatively minor crime happen, such as your car gets broken into, the SFPD will often try their best to convince you to not report it, as they consider it a waste of everyone's time.

They cover things up too, such as officers assaulting people for their fajitas or because they witnessed the officer use unnecessary force on someone else, and crime lab technicians stealing drugs from evidence. Because of said drug-stealing crime lab technician, over 600 recently arrested drug dealers had to be released from county jail due to tainted evidence, and are back on the streets. Hell, one of the SFPD's evidence storage warehouses was until a few months ago overrun with CATS. Yes, cats. Some people even worked at the place, but they just figured the cats and cat **** all over the place weren't really a problem (until the new Chief and the news found out, and the story was plastered in the chronicle...then they fixed it up pretty fast). We have plenty of power tripping officers who will arrest you for asking questions too. You know, the kind of officer who treats a simple question as "resisting arrest" or "interfering with police work." We also have the very violent and corrupt "steal drugs and evidence" type of cops, but that stuff gets covered up real good. I happen to know a little about it though, because i had a friend growing up who occasionally did jobs for a corrupt narc. From what he told me it mostly involved robbing drug dealers.

Of course there are plenty of good officers, but i feel that the bad is piled on higher than average for the SFPD.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:08 AM

1,346 posts, read 4,197,228 times
How many of you actually understand police departments and what they are like? It's not true that every police department is bad. Most are great and have some bad people like EVERY other job in this country.

The DC police department is doing great. I think DC is on pace for 116 homicides this year which isn't bad at all. Of course there are a few cops that **** me off, but there's thousands on the job here. I deal with them fairly often being a fireman and for the most part I think they are great.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:47 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,042,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopoldButtersStotch View Post
"a dude is someone who works on a ranch"

One security guard tried to get up in my face and do that. He grabbed my arm and I yanked it back and he kept trying to lunge at me, but I kept backing away yelling "Police brutality".

He was cussing and saying "WTF you doing??! Knock it off" and he tried to move foward again and I go "Help I'm being attacked!". He walked away pissed and left me alone because I was drawing attention.

Dudes like that cop is what makes me not like cops.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:03 AM

1,346 posts, read 4,197,228 times
Quote:
"a dude is someone who works on a ranch"

One security guard tried to get up in my face and do that. He grabbed my arm and I yanked it back and he kept trying to lunge at me, but I kept backing away yelling "Police brutality".

He was cussing and saying "WTF you doing??! Knock it off" and he tried to move foward again and I go "Help I'm being attacked!". He walked away pissed and left me alone because I was drawing attention.

Dudes like that cop is what makes me not like cops.
So because of one cop in Baltimore, all cops are bad? That's pretty ignorant and a stupid thing to say. I met someone in business before that was a jerk. So I think that anyone involved in business is bad and I don't like them. O yea there was a rude fast food cook at McDonalds. All cooks are just terrible now.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:34 AM

922 posts, read 1,688,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffknight918 View Post
How many of you actually understand police departments and what they are like?
You really don't have to ask, just read the replies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.