Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 03:11 PM

1,346 posts, read 4,213,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I don't have kids and I don't plan on having them.
Um, that's not the point. I don't get what was so hard to understand about that. If the cops save YOUR life one day... is that easier for you?

Old 08-07-2010, 12:13 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffknight918 View Post
Um, that's not the point. I don't get what was so hard to understand about that. If the cops save YOUR life one day... is that easier for you?
Well it's his job.......he's expected to do that.

Old 08-07-2010, 06:06 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffknight918 View Post
So because of one cop in Baltimore, all cops are bad? That's pretty ignorant and a stupid thing to say. I met someone in business before that was a jerk. So I think that anyone involved in business is bad and I don't like them. O yea there was a rude fast food cook at McDonalds. All cooks are just terrible now.
I get your point, but a rude cook doesn't have the power to throw me in jail and possibly ruin my life with a false accusation.

I think cops would get better press if the good ones were more willing to do something about the bad ones.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:57 PM

648 posts, read 1,618,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
"a dude is someone who works on a ranch"

One security guard tried to get up in my face and do that. He grabbed my arm and I yanked it back and he kept trying to lunge at me, but I kept backing away yelling "Police brutality".

He was cussing and saying "WTF you doing??! Knock it off" and he tried to move foward again and I go "Help I'm being attacked!". He walked away pissed and left me alone because I was drawing attention.

Dudes like that cop is what makes me not like cops.
You think you are tough yes? Do that in Russia to the police they will beat you disrespectful punk. Some of you soft Americans whining about police brutality playing victim to everything even when you act like fools.

fastforward to 2:30

Old 08-08-2010, 12:07 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times
I don't have problems with cops and they rarely have problems with me.

My first ticket was in Dallas... I was going 83 MPH in an 75 zone... and the cop was driving a pick up truck, I have never seen a cop drive one of those until I got to Dallas. His truck didn't even say police on it, when I noticed the lights in the grills before he turned it on it was too late.

Anyways the guy was in a major bad mood, I just gave him the information and asked what to do for the ticket payment. He told me what to do, went to his car wrote the citation came back and gave it to me. Then all of a sudden he was happy, got all cheery and started to ask me what my plans of the day were and recommended I check out Fort Worth Water Gardens... made me think "WTF....?!?!".

Anyways the moral of the story is do NOT speed in Dallas area.

Otherwise, I don't have any other problems with cops.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:12 AM

27,196 posts, read 43,896,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe84323 View Post
Every Philly cop I've dealt with has been a stupid animal, immature and incompetent, and especially lazy.

I have much less hope for humanity every time I see one of these dopes sleeping in their squad cars.
It's a joke here. They don't even make traffic stops because they're deemed to dangerous for the officers. Which would be why crossing streets here is such an adventure as a pedestrian...red lights mean nothing, or speed limits for that matter. They also claim to have not enough coverage or money to do foot patrols or high visibility patrols in problem areas, but there is plenty of money for overtime at road construction sites for an officer to sit in a car with their lights on for hours at a time. Unions at their worst.

Old 09-18-2010, 01:01 PM

970 posts, read 2,968,093 times
Detroit, Michigan. With response times for priority 911 calls being 24 minutes, on average, I don't think anything can be worse than that.

Old 10-30-2010, 03:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,951 times
Default worse police

worse police got to be in long branch, new jersey. with 7 murders in 5 days, its got to be the worse. police do not do there jobs at all. just don't care. good luck if you live in jeresy

Old 11-03-2010, 09:04 AM

2,413 posts, read 5,749,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
I don't have problems with cops and they rarely have problems with me.

My first ticket was in Dallas... I was going 83 MPH in an 75 zone... and the cop was driving a pick up truck, I have never seen a cop drive one of those until I got to Dallas. His truck didn't even say police on it, when I noticed the lights in the grills before he turned it on it was too late.

Anyways the guy was in a major bad mood, I just gave him the information and asked what to do for the ticket payment. He told me what to do, went to his car wrote the citation came back and gave it to me. Then all of a sudden he was happy, got all cheery and started to ask me what my plans of the day were and recommended I check out Fort Worth Water Gardens... made me think "WTF....?!?!".

Anyways the moral of the story is do NOT speed in Dallas area.

Otherwise, I don't have any other problems with cops.
The cop made it look as if he was in a bad mood so you would think twice about being a d**k to him. Once he realized you weren't going to argue with him, he changed his personality.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:25 AM

175 posts, read 287,286 times
Boston PD....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.