Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 06:16 PM

614 posts, read 1,764,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowacountryboy View Post
hispanic, the first thing that comes to mind is some gang banger with a wife beater and a bandana on, saying genius stuff like ""who you with, fool?"

or some slutty girl with baggy pants, curly hair that looks wet, speaking with an accent that sounds like crap.

My parents immigrated here from brazil and i never considered myself hispanic or latino, we speak portuguese anyways, but my parents always taught us to be american first and be around americans, although i am aware i am probably not considered white, i am still a country boy and damn proud of it!

I ended up growing up in a small country-redneck town and i love the country lifestyle. It is sad that so many "hispanics" refuse to assimilate american culture and just segregate themselves to ethnic ghettos.
+1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 06:26 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,767,927 times
If your talking about US cities only, I think of Southwestern cities including Los Angeles, Pheonix, Santa Fe, San Antonio, etc.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:13 PM

166 posts, read 612,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
San Antonio is clearly Hispanic, but it's too Mexican.
Miami is really the most diverse city about hispanics Cubans dominate, but it's the favorite city for colombians, venezuelans, peruvians...
Actually, out of all the major cities in the US with a significant prescence (meaning at least 10% of the population is Hispanic or Latino), New York City's Hispanic population is BY FAR the most diverse. Large number of Puerto Ricans, Cubans, Mexicans, Dominicans, Ecuadorians, Colombians, Honduras and Peruvians. Queens especially, which is 26% Hispanic is very diverse in their population. If I remember, Puerto Ricans barely make up the largest group of Hispanics and they are only about 20% of the total Latino population.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:06 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy M View Post
Its a known fact if most are white, the value on homes are up. Im not knocking Hispanics when I say that. It s just a known fact.
What about White Hispanics?

Old 09-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Some posts in this thread were deleted. The topic here is what CITY comes to your mind, not what STEREOTYPE OF A PERSON. Some posts that offered stereotypes were deleted, because other members viewed them as racist. Stick to the thread topic and do not stray into other areas of the topic. Race is considered a controversial topic at City-Data and certain controversial aspects of it, like stereotypes, are only on topic in the Politics and Other Controversies forum. Keep this thread focused on geography to keep it on topic for General US.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:07 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,790,281 times
LA is the first city that comes to my mind followed by San Antonio then Miami. Yes, please stick to the topic. The question also was not which city is the most diverse.

Old 09-11-2010, 11:46 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Metro Denver b/c that is where I live and we have a lot of people of Hispanic ancestry. Hispanic is the term used here, though some older folks use "Spanish".

Old 09-13-2010, 03:54 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,700,741 times
NYC LA Miami TX Orlando etc

Old 09-13-2010, 09:17 PM

719 posts, read 2,666,566 times
San Antonio, Albuquerque, Miami

Old 09-13-2010, 10:15 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,739,064 times
Depends on what nationality.

For Mexicans I would say LA, San Diego, any major city in Texas/Arizona/New Mexico, Denver, and Chicago
For Salvadoreans/Guatemalans I would say DC, LA, Houston, and Dallas
For Hondurans I would say Miami and Houston
For Puerto Ricans I would say NYC, Philadelphia, Chicago, Cleveland, Orlando, and Tampa
For Dominicans I would say NYC, Orlando, and Miami
For Cubans I would say Miami, Tampa, and NYC
For Colombians I would say NYC and Miami
For Venezuelans I would say NYC, Miami, and Houston
For Bolivians I would say DC
For Brazilians (even though they are not technicaly hispanic) I would say NYC, Boston, Atlanta, and Miami
For other Hispanics I would say Miami and NYC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.