Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 08:37 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,890,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
You need to get over yourself and accept that Pittsburgh barely rates as a national city. It's a very large town, rather than city, compared to Philly. When the Eagles get their act together you will see. How are those Pirates doing by the way?
You barely rate as someone who even knows what the hell they're talking about....

Even when the Eagles have their "Act together" they still don't come close to the Steelers fanbase...Sorry Hater!

Pirates are about that same as those Sixers! You should know how that goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 08:41 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,888,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
You barely rate as someone who even knows what the hell they're talking about....

Even when the Eagles have their "Act together" they still don't come close to the Steelers fanbase...Sorry Hater!

Pirates are about that same as those Sixers! You should know how that goes.

This isnt a national ranking based on the criteria last I checked, and yes while in the state the Steelers may have more, the difference on a population is not all that different and you allusions of the Steelers having a large fan base in Philly is just silly.

In Philly and the eastern part of the state people dont really care about the steelers. The only hater here is you toward Philly, Philly doesnt care about Pittsburgh in anywhere near the way it runs opposite, people here have their rivals in NYC, DC, and Boston - not the Burgh

Old 01-22-2012, 09:38 AM

RIP Jo Pa

Old 01-22-2012, 10:54 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,148,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
This isnt a national ranking based on the criteria last I checked, and yes while in the state the Steelers may have more, the difference on a population is not all that different and you allusions of the Steelers having a large fan base in Philly is just silly.

In Philly and the eastern part of the state people dont really care about the steelers. The only hater here is you toward Philly, Philly doesnt care about Pittsburgh in anywhere near the way it runs opposite, people here have their rivals in NYC, DC, and Boston - not the Burgh
Don't tell that to Flyers fans.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
Don't tell that to Flyers fans.
Rangers or Devils are more of a rival for the Flyers

Old 01-22-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
I live in center city. You mean the 20 odd people gathered there to watch the steelers? You need to learn this. Pittsburgh has a huge chip on its shoulder when it comes to the more cosmopolitan and interesting city of Philadelphia. Pittsburgher's are the biggerst blowhards bragging on and on about that little town. When I first visited the burgh I was shocked at how small town it was. It cannot hold a candle to Philadelphia in any category besides football. But the locals there will grab onto anything to try and diminish Philly cause they can't believe they don't matter on the national stage.
You sure you visited Pittsburgh and not Butler, Greensburg, or Uniontown. If you think Pittsburgh is a town, you need to visit more places that aren't within 50 miles of I-95.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Rangers or Devils are more of a rival for the Flyers
Not really no. That's why Flyers fans chant "Sidney sucks" and have even done it when they were playing other teams. People I know from Philly don't talk about the Devils or Rangers like they do with the Pens.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
Not really no. That's why Flyers fans chant "Sidney sucks" and have even done it when they were playing other teams. People I know from Philly don't talk about the Devils or Rangers like they do with the Pens.

Maybe because they know you are a Pens fan; Philly fans dont like any other teams typically and the Pens are definately a rival at some level but not at the level of the Rangers

And once again someone from Pittsburgh explaining Philly rooting interests; wish this would stop

Flyers - Rangers Preview - YouTube

Old 01-22-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Maybe because they know you are a Pens fan; Philly fans dont like any other teams typically and the Pens are definately a rival at some level but not at the level of the Rangers

And once again someone from Pittsburgh explaining Philly rooting interests; wish this would stop

Flyers - Rangers Preview - YouTube
I'm not explaining it. I'm telling you what I've seen and been told. They aren't cross state rivals for nothing.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:09 AM

"Rivalry" 2012 NHL Winter Classic TV Spot - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.