Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 03:33 PM

1,275 posts, read 3,414,121 times

Advertisements

So, are you looking forward to the Fall season? What's your favorite season? Are you glad you live in a place with four seasons? If you don't, do you miss the seasons? I live in Southern Florida where we have very very little seasonal change and frankly I hate it. However, this is my final year down here and I am so excited I could burst about the fact that this time next year I will be experiencing my first Fall ever! I can't wait to see snow again as I haven't been up North in years and have only seen snow a handful of times. Next of course will come my first Spring, so I will have to keep ya posted on how it goes next year, lol. Anyways, I was just curious about your views on seasonal change and if you enjoy the different weather and scenery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 04:30 PM

86 posts, read 174,507 times
I have only seen snow once, and then I was informed that it was not snow it was Flurries. I live in Florida, It was snow, :-)

I have no Idea what real season changes feel like, because even in North Florida we go from summer to winter with very little in-between them.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:13 PM

1,275 posts, read 3,414,121 times
So, are you as miserable as me, lol. I'm a Fla. native too but it's even worse here in South Fla, no change at all unless you count the few weeks it dips below 75 degrees. I would have never seen snow if I wouldn't have traveled in the Winter, as it is I've never experienced Fall or Spring. I'm going to change that next yr and I can't wait! Do you wish you lived in a place with 4 seasons? Do you like Fla? Would you ever want to move away?

Old 09-23-2010, 05:21 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times
I love living where there are 4 real seasons with none of them dominating over the rest. Favorite season? Whichever one we are headed into. Least favorite season? The one just leaving . All of them are great. Spring, the leaves start of bud out and everything starts to green up again after winter snows have blanketed the ground. Summer, when the air is hot and the lakes are cool, the smell of sun lotion and the feel of sugar sand between the toes. Fall, when the World around you bursts with color so vivid it is hard to imagine it is all real, cool nights and pleasantly warm days. Winter when everything is blanketed with a guieting layer of snow that makes everything look so clean and fresh, crisp cold days, the feeling of cold air on your face and then the warmth of a mug of hot cocoa.

I tried the whole Southern thing and couldn't stand it. It didn't feel right without the 4 distinct seasons, and I didn't want to drive to see snow or cold, that kind of kills the pleasure.

After living in the North most of my life I have to back up "...ugly's" statement. I also don't care what they say, if it is in the air or on the ground, snow is snow no matter what name they stick to it. A "snow flurry" is snow, "snow shower" is snow, a "blizzard" is snow. White and fluffy coming from the sky is SNOW, I wish the weather people would get a grasp on that simple concept.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:21 PM

Location: Where Sunday shopping is prohibited :) - Bergen County, NJ!
108 posts, read 162,305 times
I love 4 seasons weather!

You get tired of living in warm climate year-round.
NJ has the best 4 season weather in America!

Old 09-23-2010, 05:23 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times
Lilred, in your location it says "UP or bust." Is that a reference to the UP of Michigan? Beautiful place, but talk about Snow (and yes, it deserves to be capitalized in reference to Da' UP).

Old 09-23-2010, 05:26 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,513,431 times
I love four season cities. My favorite is Winter by far.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:39 PM

244 posts, read 643,834 times
I love experiencing all four seasons. Actually your post is timely for me because I'm thinking about where I want to relocate and I'm mostly looking at the southeast. You are making me realize that I might end up hating no change of seasons

I enjoy all four seasons. I even love winter. I love snow especially when I'm able to stay home from work, a true snowstorm! I love hunkering down and making hot chocolate and renting a bunch of movies to watch by the fireplace.

I love Fall probably the best. But Fall is always a wistful season for me. Reminds me of the end of summer and going back to school. When I was a kid I would get anxious the moment the air became crisp because it meant no more freedom!

Summer is my least favorite. Spring is amazing but I find it to be too short in the northeast these past 10 years. It seems to turn from winter to summer in a snap.

I gotta say, snow here in Santa Fe is amazing because it isn't wet, icy or heavy. It's light and fluffy and usually disappears the moment the sun comes out, so I call it "fake" snow, because it's the best of all worlds.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:44 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
This has been the second hottest year since records have been kept for temperature. I don't think Fall will be impressive at all in the Ohio Valley with the horrid drought and extremely hot temperatures. Records are falling left and right. Fall color will likely be a disaster. The La Nina event in the Pacific usually means drought for this area of the country, and it is one of the drier periods short-term since 1988.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:49 PM

86 posts, read 174,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
So, are you as miserable as me, lol. I'm a Fla. native too but it's even worse here in South Fla, no change at all unless you count the few weeks it dips below 75 degrees. I would have never seen snow if I wouldn't have traveled in the Winter, as it is I've never experienced Fall or Spring. I'm going to change that next yr and I can't wait! Do you wish you lived in a place with 4 seasons? Do you like Fla? Would you ever want to move away?

More than likely .lol Born and raised in North East Florida, the weather is a little better than down around you. But we are still wearing flip flops and tank tops on X-mas day lol

I do wish I lived some where with 4seasons, and cross my fingers in 18 months I will. I can appreciate Florida for what it is and what it has to offer, but no I am not content here. Some of that is just the never ending summers, lack of any seaon out side of summer.

So YES seasons are great, each one offers something different or new. And I have been told that by the time your sick of one the next one is rolling around... seems like an upside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.