Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 09:40 AM

11 posts, read 18,059 times

Advertisements

... I LOVE U.S. but I never been there.

Mi name's Fabrizio and I'm from Rome, the eternal city.
My biggest dream is to visit USA and stay there for long time..

Sorry for my english..

Guys, Italy is, without a doubt, a beatiful place but Italians are sucking peoples. We are going down and down, from several years..

The fault is of our government and our mentality.

In your country things are different and if life will allow me I flee from here, soon.

I know there will be many topics like this but if you want we can discuss together!

.. And if you want to correct my english will appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 09:46 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,842,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizio View Post
... I LOVE U.S. but I never been there.

Mi name's Fabrizio and I'm from Rome, the eternal city.
My biggest dream is to visit USA and stay there for long time..

Sorry for my english..

Guys, Italy is, without a doubt, a beatiful place but Italians are sucking peoples. We are going down and down, from several years..

The fault is of our government and our mentality.

In your country things are different and if life will allow me I flee from here, soon.

I know there will be many topics like this but if you want we can discuss together!

.. And if you want to correct my english will appreciate it!
Your spelling and punctuation is better than some Americans!

...but i'm sorry to hear about your situation. what city were you looking to move to? and what's your favorite place to explore on google maps?

Old 10-03-2010, 09:53 AM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,290,315 times
Welcome Biz. I agree about your english. You're doing very well. Where did you learn it.
Where would you like to see in the U.S.; more cities, or coastal areas, or farm land, mountains, desert? We have a little of everything here, including some pretty good italian food in most of the big city italian neighborhoods.
Do you have family here, anywhere?
My father's family is from St. Bartolomeo - a little village n.e. of naples. And there's a town in Medicino named after his family, or visa-versa.
Just so you know, our government is not so great either. LOL!

Old 10-03-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Your spelling and punctuation is better than some Americans!

...but i'm sorry to hear about your situation. what city were you looking to move to? and what's your favorite place to explore on google maps?
First of all, thank you for responding!

I'm looking to move somewhere in West Coast, probably in Arizona because i like very much Phoenix or California, but i hearded it's very dangerous, especially for tourist/foreigner.

On Google Maps I explore mainly the more deserted areas where there are miles of straight roads and no one, beacuse they fascinate me. Here there aren't similar place...

Old 10-03-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4U View Post
Welcome Biz. I agree about your english. You're doing very well. Where did you learn it.
Where would you like to see in the U.S.; more cities, or coastal areas, or farm land, mountains, desert? We have a little of everything here, including some pretty good italian food in most of the big city italian neighborhoods.
Do you have family here, anywhere?
My father's family is from St. Bartolomeo - a little village n.e. of naples. And there's a town in Medicino named after his family, or visa-versa.
Just so you know, our government is not so great either. LOL!
Hi! I have learned english at school. But this is another my passion and I like to write in english!

There aren't any relatives in USA, unfortunately.

Is your mentality that is completely different from ours, we are a people that if we are forced to do something, whether right or wrong, we do not rebel. Understand what i mean? And this is so bad!
There are positives and negatives, but the situation is getting worse year after year.. And I'm so tired..
There is no future here, no work, for those who have just graduated, like me, there are very few job opportunities!

I could go on forever describing my country and all the things that go wrong...

Old 10-03-2010, 11:56 AM
B4U

"I like very much Phoenix or California, but i hearded it's very dangerous, especially for tourist/foreigner."

Phoenix & California - one's a city, one's a state. Both lovely. One landlocked, one with the most beautiful coastlines; beaches, forrests, desert.
Phoenix is desert and hot, hot. California runs the gammet of climates, and geography.
Dangerous? I don't know where you've seen or heard that, but I wouldn't agree. Not in the areas more rural you'd like to go to.
I think any major city, worldwide, will show high crime.
But you, I assume won't be wanting to visit those areas anyway.
Keep investigating. Our country is fasinating, as long as you don't have to deal with the government. We are as expansive culturally, as well as geographically.

Old 10-03-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4U View Post
"I like very much Phoenix or California, but i hearded it's very dangerous, especially for tourist/foreigner."

Phoenix & California - one's a city, one's a state. Both lovely. One landlocked, one with the most beautiful coastlines; beaches, forrests, desert.
Phoenix is desert and hot, hot. California runs the gammet of climates, and geography.
Dangerous? I don't know where you've seen or heard that, but I wouldn't agree. Not in the areas more rural you'd like to go to.
I think any major city, worldwide, will show high crime.
But you, I assume won't be wanting to visit those areas anyway.
Keep investigating. Our country is fasinating, as long as you don't have to deal with the government. We are as expansive culturally, as well as geographically.
Sorry for my mistake, i was mean(?) Los Angeles, not California!

I prefer cold to hot because i like to wear heavy!!

My ideal place to live would be in the suburbs, neighborhoods with small row houses! The rent of a house of this type how much can cost?

Old 10-03-2010, 01:08 PM
B4U

You need to go into the California forum and post this question under the Los Angeles catagory.

Relatively speaking, L.A. is cooler than where I now live (s.w. Fla.) but it is by no means "cold".
Even San Fran. is colder than L.A.
And you'll have to travel quite a ways to get to those areas "mainly the more deserted areas where there are miles of straight roads and no one" .

I recommend you visit the sites I listed and those forums I mentioned to get a fuller picture of the areas you mentioned. (I hope you can view them-the sites listed from where you're at)

www.visitcalifornia.com/

www.latimes.com/

Los Angeles Convention and Visitors Bureau

Old 10-03-2010, 06:15 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
I like to see places where my ancestors lived. About half of my ancestors were from Ayrshire, Scotland and then moved to Ulster, Ireland during the "Plantation". Also have some ancestors from SE Wales, it's also very pretty looking.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:58 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,809,153 times
Your English is fine
Well my ancestors trace back to Italy (Reggio Di Calabria/Siracusa Sicily)- So I really want to go to Italy !!!
I love the US, but everything new may seems magical if you aren't actually living there (I'm not saying it can't be either)- Nothing against the US, but Italy's government can't be worst than the American gov. The Mentality Americans have is that "America IS the world" (not everyone, of course)- Americans tend to be more clueless about the world than the Europeans.

What's the mentality in Italy? (out of curiosity)

since you said you like deserts -
You'll probably love the Grand Canyon and the Painted Desert in Arizona (Absolutely beautiful)- Since you're interested in Deserts, I'd direct you to Arizona, Utah, and New Mexico.
You say you prefer the cold over the hot, and that you like row homes in suburbs (that's the complete opposite of what you'll find in the desert South West)- That's something you'll find more in the North East (New York City/Washington DC areas)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.