Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 07:12 PM

16 posts, read 28,512 times

Advertisements

Hi Friends,

My name is Bonny, and I am new to the states living in MN and right now I am looking for a cheap,low crime, regular job opportunity city to live in East Coast in Genaral, I am not really sure yet on what career to engage on but somehow thinking of Auto Machanic or Nursing but I still havent completed my high school Grade.....will work on it soon once I get a little ease with family expenses and stuffs..its actually what is keeping me behind.

(Cheap Rent will be looking at like $300 -$500 ...1 or 2 bedroom apartment.)

Pls feel free to advice me on anything as you can I will somuch appreciate your time and advice.

Waiting....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 07:30 PM

783 posts, read 2,023,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxyb View Post
Hi Friends,

My name is Bonny, and I am new to the states living in MN and right now I am looking for a cheap,low crime, regular job opportunity city to live in East Coast in Genaral, I am not really sure yet on what career to engage on but somehow thinking of Auto Machanic or Nursing but I still havent completed my high school Grade.....will work on it soon once I get a little ease with family expenses and stuffs..its actually what is keeping me behind.

(Cheap Rent will be looking at like $300 -$500 ...1 or 2 bedroom apartment.)

Pls feel free to advice me on anything as you can I will somuch appreciate your time and advice.

Waiting....
1) Pittsburgh is not part of the East Coast.
2) $300-$500 is insanely cheap for the East Coast, even for a dive in Newark or Philadelphia. Maybe try Delaware.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:26 PM

Oh Ok..thanks a lot for your response LOVE2GOLF, I appreciate it... more advice pls....

Old 09-30-2010, 08:39 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,908,083 times
Not completely East Coast, but you could try Pittsburgh. You would be looking at the very upper end of your price range for rent, though, and in/around bad or noisy areas.

I would throw out the city of Morgantown, WV as a recommendation. The rent fall within your range and all are in safe areas. Again you'll probably encounter noise from other people your age. It has trade, technical and other schools too. I happen to think Morgantown has slipped under the radar (so far) as an affordable, safe and unique part of the country that has lots of schools, hospitals, and the university itself, along with an unemployment rate lower than the national average.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:55 PM

6,601 posts, read 8,987,568 times
Are you guys kidding? $300 - $500 is totally doable in Pittsburgh, and it's not like you'd be living on Mug-me Lane or anything.

Just take a look at craigslist and see how many places are under $500. There's plenty of places in the suburbs and in nice city neighborhoods in that price range.

Noxyb, I think that Pittsburgh could be a good fit for you. Since you are on a budget here are the things that will matter to you:

--There are a good amount of entry level jobs (restaurant, coffee shop, hotel, stores, etc.)
--You could probably live in a place where you could walk to work
--You could also walk to the grocery store, and take the bus wherever else you have to go. So you could avoid the cost of having a car.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:14 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,908,083 times
[quote=ferrarisnowday;16100558]Are you guys kidding?[quote]

Go to bed cranky... it's past your bedtime

Old 09-30-2010, 09:18 PM

Default thanks guys,,,expecting more responses

Thanks a lot Ferr. and other friends....I am glad you are contributing... but If I may ask again, do they have like production jobs and it doesnt really matter about the price ,even if its gonna be like $600 but a better and nice place with low crime rate,better school is what matters to me most....

Old 10-01-2010, 03:05 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,731,734 times
Moved from Pittsburgh.
Yac.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxyb View Post
Thanks a lot Ferr. and other friends....I am glad you are contributing... but If I may ask again, do they have like production jobs and it doesnt really matter about the price ,even if its gonna be like $600 but a better and nice place with low crime rate,better school is what matters to me most....
How old are you? Do you have children? It may not matter where you live for what school you go to.

Manuracturing jobs are a lot harder to come by in Pittsburgh (and the whole country, really). I suppose there are always places like UPS or working in a warehouse or something, though. One thought though, if you work in a factory or warehouse, you might have trouble getting to work without a car. They aren't usually in residential areas, and aren't necessarily served by public transit.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:11 AM

[quote=DaBurgh;16100763][quote=ferrarisnowday;16100558]Are you guys kidding?
Quote:

Go to bed cranky... it's past your bedtime
I wasn't "cranky"; I just know that it's possible for the OP's budget to work. Even without considering roommates. Sorry if you took offense; I was just surprised there were hinting that her budget might be unrealistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.