Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 03:06 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,174,412 times
Oh yeah, add Atlanta to my list. I have never been there but I just think it sounds really dull from what I read and see all over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 03:14 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,558,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
I always find it odd when people want to visit Billings. IMO all of the other larger cities in Montana overshadow it in terms of natural beauty and general appeal. Most everything west of Billings is awesome, Missoula and Bozeman being particularly notable. Cheyenne, WY is another place that people seem to want to visit, yet it is nothing like many people imagine it to be.
When I was a young man I saw this show on how Billings stood by its Jewish community when some Neo-Nazi group came to town. The Non-Jews started putting menorrahs in their houses as a show of solidarity. It was a nice story and left a lasting impression on me. You know things you see when you're younger sometimes stick with you. (Although I don't think I was that young)

Still Missoula and Bozeman sound great too, but I thought they might be more cliche. Also I didn't know how many smaller places I should name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
If you don't already know my feelings on Spokane, I'll just say that it's the awesomest place on earth. Just don't cut any of the trees down.
Spokane's one where I really was a kid when I heard of it. It was mentioned in some elementary school book I read and that stuck with me.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:21 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfreak View Post
Oh yeah, add Atlanta to my list. I have never been there but I just think it sounds really dull from what I read and see all over.
LOL! Yes, because as we all know most metropolitan areas approaching 6 million people are usually incredibly dull and boring.......

Old 10-11-2010, 03:23 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,558,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
I personally can't imagine not wanting to visit someplace new and different. I don't care where it is.
There's bound to be some limits to that I'd think. I mean would you want to visit Mogadishu or Dzerzhinsk, Russia? (Dzerzhinsk isn't even historic, it was apparently founded in 1930)

Dzerzhinsk, Russia - The World's Most Polluted Places - TIME

Old 10-11-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
LOL! Yes, because as we all know most metropolitan areas approaching 6 million people are usually incredibly dull and boring.......
if that's the criteria you are using, then that can be said for most of the cities mentioned in this thread already....

Old 10-11-2010, 04:11 PM

318 posts, read 870,379 times
Don't care to visit (though I've been there)
San Fransisco
Chicago
Miami
Atlanta

Want to visit/have visited and loved it
Oklahoma City
Detroit (ok, so I grew up in/around there, but still, I wouldn't hesitate to go back)
ALL of Louisiana

Oh, and if I may say, I have no desire to go ANYWHERE in Europe, EVER. Africa? Now that's a different story; I've lived there (in the slums) and loved it.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:30 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
I have no desire to go to Los Angeles. Or any of the big western cities like Phoenix. I've been to Denver, wasn't impressed. Was kind of sad that it was so dirty and rundown in the midst of all that glorious geography.

I think I would like to see San Francisco,though, and my parents went to Portland, OR, and they loved it, so maybe there.

None of the flyover cities like St. Louis or Indianapolis seem to hold any charm, although I would like someday to go to the middle of the country and see what a field of wheat growing looks like.

I would like to visit Savannah, Georgia.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:41 PM

726 posts, read 2,147,974 times
MightyQueen judging by your post I'm assuming your from the east. You think Denver is rundown and dirty? I'd be interested in knowing what city in your opinion is not rundown?

Old 10-11-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choosing78 View Post
MightyQueen judging by your post I'm assuming your from the east. You think Denver is rundown and dirty? I'd be interested in knowing what city in your opinion is not rundown?
I know right? East Coasters always bash the west coast except San Francisco This poster claims Denver is dirty and rundown but wants to visit SF? SF has bums everywhere and the streets smell of urine and poop, so I don't see this posters logic at all.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:08 PM

5,023 posts, read 7,225,857 times
Like To Visit:

Chicago- Flagstaff, Az.
Portland, Or.- NYC
Seattle
Spokane
Burlington,Vt.
Humboldt County, Ca.

Never Want To See Again;

Miami
Atlanta
Houston
Las Vegas
New Orleans
Phoenix
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.