Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2010, 12:15 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,409,105 times

Advertisements

btw jmus no1 cares if you workout everyday that is a very dumb post. so your saying that it is a rule to work out everyday??

what if some people don't have the time??? luckily for me my health is fine and i barely ever work out and probably couldn't because i work a lot and i am a full time college student.

not everyone has time to go to the gym and jog all day. we are human some humans need sleep and to take care of their families while attending school and working. so please don't try to teach us what to do all because you do it and have the time to.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:55 PM

442 posts, read 828,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
you obviously did not read the post and really make no sense at all. first of all i have never seen a walmart in the hood at all .

secondly before you start complaining learn to think first. look at all those other areas in the country that have all those organic places and healthy food around the corner. if they can have it why not the poor blacks or latinos in the ghettos???? the government is what pumps money for these businesses to happen.

so stop it with the black people and the government crap because the government is responsible for nearly everyone in this country and they are the ones that pump money into areas to give them what they need.

and also quit the generalizations i am speaking about poor blacks not all blacks.
The government does not pay businesses to put organic shops in neighborhood, demand does. What the heck are you talking about?

Old 10-19-2010, 12:56 PM

This thread is getting dumb. Black folk just need to want to eat healthier more than anything.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
btw jmus no1 cares if you workout everyday that is a very dumb post. so your saying that it is a rule to work out everyday??

what if some people don't have the time??? luckily for me my health is fine and i barely ever work out and probably couldn't because i work a lot and i am a full time college student.

not everyone has time to go to the gym and jog all day. we are human some humans need sleep and to take care of their families while attending school and working. so please don't try to teach us what to do all because you do it and have the time to.
You will have more energy if you workout. You can find 30 min in your day to jog two miles.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8t View Post
You will have more energy if you workout. You can find 30 min in your day to jog two miles.
lol 30 minutes to jog doesn't even do much for a good amount of people i have a friend who jogs all day but apparently jogging isnt really helping her and she has no time to attend a gym.

theirs no rule in this country for you to jog, cut the crap.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
The government does not pay businesses to put organic shops in neighborhood, demand does. What the heck are you talking about?
yea nice try we aren't all that dumb. so your saying that poor blacks in the ghettos don't demand healthy food stores huh?? well once again that must be a problem for you in your city/state.

how is that the areas that are going through gentrification are the main ones receiving organic and healthy food stores. where were these food items before the area became up and coming???

Old 10-19-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:

This thread is getting dumb. Black folk just need to want to eat healthier more than anything.
america as a whole has the highest obesity problem in western civilizations so stop the crap of "blacks" need to eat healthier when its clearly an American issue.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:13 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
That's not the issue either. There are Wal*Marts all over the area, but they aren't in low income areas. You do get people that might come from low income areas that take the Bus/Public Transportation to them, but they aren't in those neighborhoods.

I also feel that the "Green Movement" should be something people those neighborhoods should push in terms of food/groceries, environmental reasons and to use abandoned potential housing again. Again, I feel that affordability has to be key in order for those things to be tangible for said communities. It's odd to me that such a movement tends to be associated with people with money, instead of those in lower income neighborhoods. Some have and are doing in lower income neighborhoods in some ways(economically perhaps) and don't know it, but it could be something that is a lifestyle across the board.
Not only is the "Green Movement" associated with people with money,the main target is the White population. You are spot on about it being important for those persons in low income neighborhoods. It isn't just the economic part(although it is a large part of it). Minorities are more likely to live in environmentally unsafe places than anyone else. Many neighborhoods are located near the industrial areas where lead and other heavy metals are abundant. Lead is known to cause brain damage. Studies have linked criminal behavior to brain damage caused by lead. In many poor neighborhoods, there are old houses painted with lead-based paint.

Studies link lead to adult crime, brain damage | Reuters

If the neighborhoods get cleaned up, this would be good for everyone. Not only just healthy food, but a healthier place to live over all. And yes it will provide jobs for people in those neighborhoods.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
lol 30 minutes to jog doesn't even do much for a good amount of people i have a friend who jogs all day but apparently jogging isnt really helping her and she has no time to attend a gym.

theirs no rule in this country for you to jog, cut the crap.
You gotta eat right and take in less calories than you burn. She must be eating junk and then wondering why the jogging does not work.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
yea nice try we aren't all that dumb. so your saying that poor blacks in the ghettos don't demand healthy food stores huh?? well once again that must be a problem for you in your city/state.

how is that the areas that are going through gentrification are the main ones receiving organic and healthy food stores. where were these food items before the area became up and coming???
Because yuppies demand and can afford organic food. Besides that you don't have to eat organic food to be healthy, just fresh non processed and low fat food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.