Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 04:00 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,410,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonTexas1 View Post
Your just in denial!
im in denial??? how am i in denial if i can take you to a thread that shows 20+ NICE BLACK AREAS IN ONLY ONE POST IN over 20 - 30 page thread.

are you mad that i am more educated then you and don't listen to the media to believe every black are and every black area in every major city is bad??

no my friend your in denial and are not educated what so ever which is why you probably wont take my advice and search for the nice black areas thread on city data.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:02 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
Quote:
Why does it seem that in every major city (of course with a significant black population) in America the worst neighborhoods in that city are the predominately black ones? I'm black myself and this always bothered me...

I don't believe that you are actually black. I've seen some of your other posts. Honestly, I would guess that you are a white woman.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
Pretty much. While there are a few exceptions (Cascade in Atlanta, Country Club Hills, IL, Prince Georges County MD, etc.) the vast majority black neighborhoods are pretty ghetto and have high crime rates. It's not politically correct to say it, but it's the truth.

However, plenty of middle-class integrated cities and neighborhoods are safe.

As to the why? Sociologists have tried to answer that question for years. I think it's a combination of social, cultural and economic factors.
sorry buddy i know theirs a ghetto crisis in the black community but your comment is probably just as dumb as you sound.

, you dont even know every black area in the country and probably have not visited the majority of the country in your life.

my bet is you watch the news 24/7, you base all your assumptions of media(American media at worst), and you have never done any type of research to see if these generalizations are true.

stop watching Detroit , and flint news.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
I don't believe that you are actually black. I've seen some of your other posts. Honestly, I would guess that you are a white woman.
im starting to think the same , and if this blogger refuses to accept my request to visit the nice black area thread then i know he isn't black.

education is the key and if these blogger really refuses to slow down his generalizations then i think he is indeed a non colored man.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:09 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
im in denial??? how am i in denial if i can take you to a thread that shows 20+ NICE BLACK AREAS IN ONLY ONE POST IN over 20 - 30 page thread.

are you mad that i am more educated then you and don't listen to the media to believe every black are and every black area in every major city is bad??

no my friend your in denial and are not educated what so ever which is why you probably wont take my advice and search for the nice black areas thread on city data.
although I agree with you and I hate correcting people's grammar because I make tons of mistakes too, but it was just funny reading a sentence about you having more education than him, and in that sentence you made a whammy.

Its more education than him, not then him. Then him means he comes next.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:09 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
Pretty much. While there are a few exceptions (Cascade in Atlanta, Country Club Hills, IL, Prince Georges County MD, etc.) the vast majority black neighborhoods are pretty ghetto and have high crime rates. It's not politically correct to say it, but it's the truth.

However, plenty of middle-class integrated cities and neighborhoods are safe.

As to the why? Sociologists have tried to answer that question for years. I think it's a combination of social, cultural and economic factors.
Historical factors are also a big part of this. My theory is that the social, cultural, and economic factors have been shaped by history.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:12 PM

112 posts, read 257,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
although I agree with you and I hate correcting people's grammar because I make tons of mistakes too, but it was just funny reading a sentence about you having more education than him, and in that sentence you made a whammy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
im starting to think the same , and if this blogger refuses to accept my request to visit the nice black area thread then i know he isn't black.

education is the key and if these blogger really refuses to slow down his generalizations then i think he is indeed a non colored man.
You two just can't face the facts.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:13 PM

I agree that the history of economical disparity plays a factor in most cities, but that amounts to the black neighborhoods being more poor and more rundown, but I would not go as far as to say they are the worse neighborhoods, well at least not for this city

Old 10-12-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post

my education stays in school. i honestly don't have time to sit in a forum and watch how i write. i am 20 years old and grammar on a forum is the last time that worries me unless it can get me a in fracture

but you are acting very typical "so called black man" so typical that you didnt look up on what i wrote you to do but quickly came to comment on my grammar.

very typical

Old 10-12-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
You two just can't face the facts.
its been all opinion so far, no one has laid down any facts yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.