Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 05:50 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,786,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
Mainstream, inner-city black culture glorifies the ghetto and the ghetto lifestyle. Black people, especially black men, from the inner city who try to make something of themselves and improve their situation get ridiculed for "acting white." The black community does not value fatherhood: the majority of black kids today don't have dads around. Many blacks look up to "gangsta" rappers, drug dealers, gang members and the like. A black person participating in anything outside of the narrow black cultural window (dress, music, relationships, college major, location, etc.) is said to "act white." Blacks who try to leave the ghetto and move to a nicer area are ridiculed by their peers for "selling out" or "joining the 'white man.'"
This is such an over-generalization it is not even funny.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:51 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,357,158 times
Yes, it's a generalization. I was discussing the majority -- of course exceptions exist

Old 10-12-2010, 05:53 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,697,912 times
Quote:
Yes, it's a generalization. I was discussing the majority -- of course exceptions exist
you cannot be serious.

lol at this.

i honestly wish that i didn't have company coming over so i could break down that post...

Old 10-12-2010, 05:53 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,337,601 times
Quote:
its not even the majority .

you obviously watch way to much tv. only someone who lives of media says weird stuff like that.

i guess the majority of every race lives of their negative stereotypes huh

Old 10-12-2010, 05:54 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,697,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonTexas1 View Post
That was true in the past, but it is somewhat stereotypical now. There are gangs that let members leave the gangs to better there life now!
you are clearly either a black person that isn't comfortable in your own skin and that has self esteem issues when it comes to your race, or a person that isn't black thats pretending to be in order to post a thread like this without coming off as being prejudiced.

its not working.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:58 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,786,243 times
Quote:
I think you watch too many movies that stereotype black people.

Most of the ones I know are hard working people, that bend over backwards to get their kids into good schools.

I don't know where you get off saying that most strive to stay in the ghetto.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:00 PM

3,639 posts, read 8,275,549 times
Why does it seem that in every major city (of course with a significant black population) in America the worst neighborhoods in that city are the predominately black ones?
globalization of american manufacturing jobs
drugs
racism and racial biases
j edgar hoover
vietnam war
no fathers at home
differences in culture
the media
...and many many more
mas23

Old 10-12-2010, 06:10 PM

3,639 posts, read 8,275,549 times
Quote:
Mainstream, inner-city black culture glorifies the ghetto and the ghetto lifestyle. Black people, especially black men, from the inner city who try to make something of themselves and improve their situation get ridiculed for "acting white." The black community does not value fatherhood: the majority of black kids today don't have dads around. Many blacks look up to "gangsta" rappers, drug dealers, gang members and the like. A black person participating in anything outside of the narrow black cultural window (dress, music, relationships, college major, location, etc.) is said to "act white." Blacks who try to leave the ghetto and move to a nicer area are ridiculed by their peers for "selling out" or "joining the 'white man.'"
werent you the one who said that you have had limited expiriences with blacks. If thats the case why r u generalizing and making assumptions like that
just my opinion

Old 10-12-2010, 06:30 PM

83 posts, read 132,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
my education stays in school. i honestly don't have time to sit in a forum and watch how i write. i am 20 years old and grammar on a forum is the last time that worries me unless it can get me a in fracture

but you are acting very typical "so called black man" so typical that you didnt look up on what i wrote you to do but quickly came to comment on my grammar.

very typical
No offense, but you clearly have time to "sit in a forum" if you are posting an average of about 7 times a day.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:33 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,337,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5991619 View Post
No offense, but you clearly have time to "sit in a forum" if you are posting an average of about 7 times a day.
i visit this forum and write on it everyday as much as i want. its the only forum i am on in the internet.

but what you wrote has nothing to do with my post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.