Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2007, 01:41 PM

673 posts, read 4,069,931 times

Advertisements

I was wondering why not that much in-migration into West Virginia, Kentucky is doing a little better. But really why arent these states enjoying a boom of people who are senior-citizens. I know many senior-citizens like active metropolitan areas but others prefer more quiet areas.

I am suprised that Wheeling, West Virginia hasnt seen a massive influx on retirees as it is one of the most stunning natural landscapes I have seen, it has some of the lowest home values, property taxes are very low and its close to Pittsburgh. Also good recreation oppurtunity and less then in an hour from Pittsburgh world-class medical facilities. Its puzzling how this town can keep having population declines.

Another place is Lexington, KY alot of retiree's I guess like smaller homes this city has lots of smaller, older homers. Property taxes rates are very low in Lexinington also. The area around Lexington is also known for great medical facilities, is very natutal amenity appealing with a great landscape.

Another thing about West Virginia and Kentucky is the moderate four-season climate. Not too many very hot days, not too many bitterly cold ones either.

Im only 25. But if I were a senior I would consider Lexington or Wheeling these just seem like perfect places for senior-citizens or the front-end of the baby-boom generation. I just dont understand why these states are more vocal about attracted the eldest baby boomers and senior-citizens they have alot of amenities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.