Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2010, 09:57 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,372,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Well Texas's Oil corruption affects the whole country unlike my states unions...
Unions affect the whole country, look California or NY too...
And oil/gas create jobs in the US, Texas can thank them because the crisis was less tough in this state.Why because they were there.
Look at Google, Apple, Microsoft..They're great, I like them but honestly they don't create many jobs in the US for the moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2010, 10:32 AM

1,103 posts, read 2,261,773 times
Quote:
Well Texas's Oil corruption affects the whole country unlike my states unions...
you're talking texas corruption yet your unions are some of the most corrupt organizations, if not the most corrupt, in this country. and to dog texas when your cities are decaying into dust is a bold move.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:17 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,851,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
Unions affect the whole country, look California or NY too...
And oil/gas create jobs in the US, Texas can thank them because the crisis was less tough in this state.Why because they were there.
Look at Google, Apple, Microsoft..They're great, I like them but honestly they don't create many jobs in the US for the moment.
Well Oil lobbyists hold up funding for Amtrak , High Speed Rail and Green Tech.....the Majority of Oil Lobbyists come form Texas and Oil / Gas jobs in this country are becoming increasingly dangerous and damaging to the Eco system or heath system. Like Natural Gas Fracking or building Oil pipelines through cities , which are allowed to be build or drilled with less regulation due to oil lobbyists form texas corrupting the Govt. As for Unions they don't do that much damage outside NJ , so i don't see where your going with that? But i don't the Majority of Texans support this anymore , but unfortunately there Govt and lobbyists within it disagree.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
you're talking texas corruption yet your unions are some of the most corrupt organizations, if not the most corrupt, in this country. and to dog texas when your cities are decaying into dust is a bold move.
Well My states unions / Corruption don't affect the who country like Texas does.. Only 3 of the 21 cities in NJ are in bad shape....

Old 12-25-2010, 06:23 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
didn't california gain

Old 12-25-2010, 06:36 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,738,703 times
Quote:
Well Oil lobbyists hold up funding for Amtrak , High Speed Rail and Green Tech.....the Majority of Oil Lobbyists come form Texas and Oil / Gas jobs in this country are becoming increasingly dangerous and damaging to the Eco system or heath system. Like Natural Gas Fracking or building Oil pipelines through cities , which are allowed to be build or drilled with less regulation due to oil lobbyists form texas corrupting the Govt. As for Unions they don't do that much damage outside NJ , so i don't see where your going with that? But i don't the Majority of Texans support this anymore , but unfortunately there Govt and lobbyists within it disagree.
I agree unfortunately.

One reason why Houston's light rail line got hold up is because some former US representative who was well connected with the oil and gas industry barred any federal funding for construction of the line, so the city was forced to pay out of pocket for it's own construction.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:47 PM

99 posts, read 220,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airwave09 View Post
What a clueless post... why don't you check and see how much the "blue" states pay in taxes versus what the "red" states paid and then got back in federal aid. You need to educate yourself on what the true "nanny states" actually are.

Take away the "blue" states and you take away over 80% of the U.S. economy, making the remaining states on par with what amounts to a third world country. So you can take your misguided partisan hack beliefs and shove them.
Many red states that receive large amounts of federal money back do so because they have not had 300 years to build their infrastructure and industries as the Northeast has. While most blue states are pushing industry, keep in mind that many red states are fueling that with their resources - the farm states in the midwest, oil up in Alaska, etc. Take away the red states and you also take away an important part of the economy. I think that as far as the red states alone being akin to a third world economy, as far as that goes I think you're full of ****. Third world countries tend to have large parts of the population farming inefficiently and in the end being unable to feed their nation - we have 2 percent of our nation growing enough food to overfeed 300 million Americans, and we even have enough food we can give some to our enemies like North Korea.

Just a moderate chiming in.

Old 12-25-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Well My states unions / Corruption don't affect the who country like Texas does.. Only 3 of the 21 cities in NJ are in bad shape....
and how is texas affeting the country in a bad way? by creating more jobs than new jersey?

Old 12-25-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
and how is texas affeting the country in a bad way? by creating more jobs than new jersey?
Its a decent economy , feeds off NYC which is recovering fast form the recession.....also NJ's industrials weren't hit hard by the recession.

Old 12-25-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Its a decent economy , feeds off NYC which is recovering fast form the recession.....also NJ's industrials weren't hit hard by the recession.
decent isn't great. texas is great. so why are people from new jersey dogging texas like its somehow lesser with its soon to be 1st place economy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.