Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2010, 12:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,389 times

Advertisements

Greetings and Happy Holidays to all,

After many hours searching these excellent forums and online, I am still URGENTLY seeking a place to move. I have been living in Ohio and it has been hell on me. I need to move ASAP.

This has been the worst year of my life. I have been dealing with chronic health and spiritual crises from a longterm toxic relationship of stress and loneliness and adverse effects of prescription drugs that I never should have been given or taken. It has destroyed my health, work and life.

I am a good man, I could never have imagined anything like this happening to me - it is a nigthmare. I have no family who will help and my friends cannot either.

I have been destroyed financially and can no longer do the rigorous work I have done for years. I am intelligent with a MSEd. degree and would love to just be of service to the world.

I am desperately seeking to move to something like "intentional community for healing." I need to find a place where I literally live with or very near good, kind, open-minded compassionate, intelligent spiritual people who understand, promote and practice alternative healing modalities and daily spiritual living.

After living in the middle of nowhere - I need to be in a city, town, suburbs or a literal intentional community someplace safe.

I wish I had never left California and the West but could not afford to live there now. My resources are extremely limited, I'm basically broke and applying for disability.

So I am looking to be someplace with low cost of living or where I could work and belong to the community. I know I am asking a lot, but I would be truly grateful for any and all serious positive ideas.

I used to love the winter and cold but now hate it and would love to be out of the brutal snow belt if possible - i.e., NOT New England, Minnesota, etc.

Again, I am in quite desperate straits, I need to move ASAP and am grateful for your ideas. Feel free to PM me if you like. Especially if you know Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Bill Gates or the Facebook guy! : )

Thank you, bless you and Merry Christmas to you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 08:01 AM

27,169 posts, read 43,867,759 times
I would recommend looking at Carrboro, North Carolina. It's a pretty amazing town with a diverse population, a reasonable cost of living, FREE public transit and a well-established spiritual/alternative healing community. Good luck!

Carrboro, North Carolina Overview
Carrboro, North Carolina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Town of Chapel Hill : About Chapel Hill Transit
Weaver Street Market - Carrboro location description
The Wellness Alliance at the Ray House in Carrboro, NC
Triangle Natural Medicine
carrboro acupuncture clinic - Google Search
carrboro acupuncture clinic - Google Search

Old 12-27-2010, 04:58 PM

2,515 posts, read 5,022,043 times
Since you're broke, why not try a nicer part of Ohio? Try Yellow Springs; I've heard good things about it.

Old 05-17-2014, 09:12 AM

13 posts, read 21,268 times
I'd also recommend looking up the books by Tony Burroughs about manifesting. It is an eye-opener. Best to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.