Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 08:50 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,376,749 times

Advertisements

Thanks for replies. I bought a brand new car and the dealership said they need to handle it and that you can't go directly to the license office in our state for new tags for the car bought at the dealership. No big deal really, but I just don't like having to drive a around with a temporary tag for a whole month because of our pathetically slow state agency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 12:34 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwo85 View Post
The Security of State here in Michgian has this machine where you can print out your registration and plate tabs in the lobby of the SOS super centers. I got my registration and tabs on New Years day since the office is closed, but the machines are not. Very convenient!

For issued plates I don't know.
Cool, I haven't been into one of the Super Centers.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:28 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,550,899 times
I bought a new car on October 2nd. It's now November 4th, and I still haven't received the license plates. State of California, what you done for me lately?

I just found this on the DMV website. I'm amazed that it takes this long to get plates!

When will I receive my new license plates after I buy my new vehicle?

Usually within 30-45 days of purchasing your vehicle.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/fee_calc/feecalcfaq.htm#plates

Old 07-01-2017, 08:03 PM

1 posts, read 8,010 times
I bought a 2017 cruze lt 52 days ago my temp plate expired on june 24th it is july 1st i called the dealership they said they had no idea where my plates were that they should have been shipped to my address but i havent received them yet my temps expired and my apt said they didnt have any packages for me or anything. What do i do i need to work and i can get a ticket for expired temp plate in wa

Old 04-24-2018, 01:46 PM

1 posts, read 4,428 times
Angry Oregon

I was told four to six weeks and it has been nearly six weeks and still no word.

Old 04-27-2018, 04:27 AM

936 posts, read 823,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
ln Michigan, they hand it to you, and you go out and bolt it on in the parking lot.

Used to be the same in Missouri and Kansas. A long time ago, in Louisiana, too, and Quebec and New Brunswick and Newfoundland. But things might have changed.
I can verify that Missouri has not changed at all. You can walk out of the DMV with your new license plates the same day you register the car and pay your taxes. They only make wait if you order special vanity plates, which are custom made, of course.

Old 04-27-2018, 05:24 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,186,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Thanks for replies. I bought a brand new car and the dealership said they need to handle it and that you can't go directly to the license office in our state for new tags for the car bought at the dealership. No big deal really, but I just don't like having to drive a around with a temporary tag for a whole month because of our pathetically slow state agency.
I prefer running around with the paper plates, and am grateful for the delays because I can cross bridges without having to pay during that time. The license plate readers cannot identify a car from the paper temporary in the window. Also, I don’t blame the WA DOL, it’s private agencies that send the plates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.