Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 09:28 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,049,021 times

Advertisements

What I've learned from the Census??? Mexicans are taking over. Yes I said taking over and I see nothing diverse about that. The Mexican population is growing at an abnormal pace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 09:33 PM

614 posts, read 1,757,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
What I've learned from the Census??? Mexicans are taking over. Yes I said taking over and I see nothing diverse about that. The Mexican population is growing at an abnormal pace.
I basically said the same thing but a little more polite. But its true.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:33 PM

12,866 posts, read 13,169,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
I think the General Accounting Office has a better idea what's in store for America than the U.S. Census does, but maybe that's just me.
Ain't that the truth.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:36 PM

12,866 posts, read 13,169,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Except for isolated cases, The whole population of Earth will be brown in a few centuries.
So what?

Old 02-26-2011, 11:30 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,455,820 times
The thing about the suburbs still being the growth areas and Indianapolis being a growth area is what I found interesting. Also the suburbs becoming more racially mixed.

That maybe "The Mexicans" you fear are going to increasingly become picket-fence suburbanites. So maybe the future is one where "Arcade Fire" type groups have Latin beats and say rant about crazy stuff that happened at their sister's lavish suburban Quinceanera. Or more backyard barbecues that serve Chicken Mole and the like.

Old 02-27-2011, 01:25 AM

963 posts, read 2,399,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
I know that it's hunky-dorey for you to see fewer whites, for the people who founded and built this nation to take a back seat. After all, you're a non-white, I'm figuring, and you stand to gain something. Whites, on the other hand, stand to lose their country, their home, their way of life. You would never understand.
Once upon a time, the Americas were Native American - not white - and some of them built rather complex civilizations. Sure, there was the occasional tribal war or human sacrifice, but if you've consumed chocolate, pumpkin, peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, squash, vanilla, corn, tomatillos, guava, black/lima/pinto beans, or pineapple at any time in your life: Native Americans (North, South, or Central) were the first people to domesticate them.

Now those Native Americans were called Indians, because an Italian sponsored by some genocidal Iberians (Inquisition, anyone?) bumped into a cay in the Bahamas, saw brown people, thought he was in India and said "Indians." In short - they're Indians because a white guy got lost. Later, thanks to smallpox, warfare, conquistadors, and the liberal distribution of guns and booze, we managed to ethnically cleanse the place into the Land of Eisenhower.

Pot meet kettle.

Old 02-27-2011, 01:47 AM

1,472 posts, read 3,532,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Funny how you say it isn't about race, yet are you aware that the whole purpose of the Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1965 was to the equalize the process for immigrating to this country and specifically remove the Natural Origins formula of 1924 which had the goal of maintaining "the existing ethnic composition of the United States". Translation: Primarily allowing only people from Western and Northern European countries to immigrate her from the 1920s to the 1960s and effectively making it impossible for any one from Southern and Eastern Europe, Asia, Africa, and Latin America to immigrate to the United States. The reason why the Eastern European, Asian, Latino and native African populations have grown so much in the last few decades is because they were pretty much kept from immigrating here for racial reasons only.

Yeah, I'm sure you are aware of that. Let's totally go back to the policy of making sure only ethnically pure blue eyed blond haired people immigrate here...
The points of the act that I disagree with are not the "leveling of the field" as far as favored nations or regions of the world for immigration (which up to that point was Northern Europe). That could have been handled simply enough with one act (no favoritism in country of origin in determining immigration eligibility). What I disagree with is the greatly accelerated immigration numbers that came immediately after the act was passed. Immigration (which had been in very small numbers from the Great Depression to the late 1960s, suddenly exploded). Add to that another point of the act being "family reunification" in which each successive immigrant can sponsor family members as they themselves become citizens and you have exponential population growth on a developed country with an already large population. It all adds up to a strain on almost every aspect of our country both environmental and societal. And it was totally unnecessary. Still, we might could have dealt with it had it not been for the two headed monster of greed on the part of American business and agriculture and the desperation of poor people fueling illegal immigration. Put both greatly increased legal and out-of-control illegal immigration together and the damage to the country is incalculable and most likely unrepairable. Yes, I'm not an optimist on this subject. I live in California and I've seen what the near doubling of population in a generation has done to the environment and society here. And you know the old adage about as California goes so goes the nation.

Last edited by jeffredo; 02-27-2011 at 01:57 AM..

Old 02-27-2011, 02:44 AM

711 posts, read 1,138,093 times
Things from this point can only get better or worse for us. I'd like to think that things will get better in the future.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:44 AM

737 posts, read 1,646,441 times
The US is on a regressive path back to a few proprietorship's controlled by the extremely wealthy reminiscent of its old British Colonial days. The extinguished middle class. I think modern Central America will be the future of the US.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:40 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,341,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
The thing about the suburbs still being the growth areas and Indianapolis being a growth area is what I found interesting. Also the suburbs becoming more racially mixed.

That maybe "The Mexicans" you fear are going to increasingly become picket-fence suburbanites. So maybe the future is one where "Arcade Fire" type groups have Latin beats and say rant about crazy stuff that happened at their sister's lavish suburban Quinceanera. Or more backyard barbecues that serve Chicken Mole and the like.
Apparently you red the article Because many people there didn't
At the beginning immigrants and their kids went to the cities, big cities..But now they go to the other states (Indiana, Idaho, Kansas, South Carolina) and to the suburbs...The pace is unbelievable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.