Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 02:52 PM

643 posts, read 1,119,174 times

Advertisements

After the BP oil spill the US became very anti British.

Is this still evident now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 02:54 PM

333 posts, read 701,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonUSA View Post
No it didn't.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:02 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,197,734 times
SOME people were anti-BP. Very few were anti-British.

If anything, Britain needs to get it together and deport the invaders who've been allowed to institute Sharia Law, and who are turning London into Londanistan. Britain's so-called tolerance on immigration will destroy it, much like it's doing to the U.S.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:03 PM

9,107 posts, read 13,127,239 times
Quote:

Is this still evident now?
IMO the overwhealingly majority of Americans either like the British or love the British. Of course, that does not mean people cannot disagree on certain issues.

Keep in mind that the news media trys to deliberately create controversy. They will show the opinions of the most angry or ignorant people, even if it the not the majority. Yes, some people are stupid to think BP aka British Petroleum = the British People. But most of us with a brain realize that the spill could have just as easily come from Exxon-Mobil or some other company.

Also, you may disagree but there seems to be an Anti-American streak with the BBC. At least that is what I get from the online BBC. It would not suprise me if some of their reporters tried to exaggerate Americans as British-haters.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:14 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,533,456 times
The UK and British people have a pretty good reputation in the US. BP is a multi-national corporation, no one I know of is personally holding anything against the UK over it.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
SOME people were anti-BP. Very few were anti-British.

If anything, Britain needs to get it together and deport the invaders who've been allowed to institute Sharia Law, and who are turning London into Londanistan. Britain's so-called tolerance on immigration will destroy it, much like it's doing to the U.S.

Really? all i ever saw was people burning British flags!

Sharia law is also not in force in Britain. Immigration is also a big worry at the moment and many people are against it but as we are in the EU all other states in this can come over when they want!

Old 02-26-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
IMO the overwhealingly majority of Americans either like the British or love the British. Of course, that does not mean people cannot disagree on certain issues.

Keep in mind that the news media trys to deliberately create controversy. They will show the opinions of the most angry or ignorant people, even if it the not the majority. Yes, some people are stupid to think BP aka British Petroleum = the British People. But most of us with a brain realize that the spill could have just as easily come from Exxon-Mobil or some other company.

Also, you may disagree but there seems to be an Anti-American streak with the BBC. At least that is what I get from the online BBC. It would not suprise me if some of their reporters tried to exaggerate Americans as British-haters.

What part of the BBC is anti American and if its Top Gear that dosen't count. They are just a bunch of utter t****!

Old 02-26-2011, 03:26 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,809,051 times
Quote:
Honestly, while the environmentalists were all pissed about the mess... it seemed more people (that I saw) were more annoyed by Obama's handling of the situation. It was a situation that went on too long.

Those who were burning British flags were definitely a very teeny tiny minority-- I never even heard such things going on. Must've been another of those Media manipulations.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:28 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,197,734 times
Quote:

Sharia law is also not in force in Britain. Immigration is also a big worry at the moment and many people are against it but as we are in the EU all other states in this can come over when they want!
Revealed: UK’s first official sharia courts -Times Online

Old 02-26-2011, 03:30 PM

22,379 posts, read 38,702,913 times
I see basically no anti British sentiment ever, the BP thing was specific to those involved not the British
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.