Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 06:31 PM

776 posts, read 1,664,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
Many of your points are why I think it's better to live in Texas and visit Florida.

Gateway to Latin America not that big a deal. Florida has a lot of theme parks and family activities. But it's not something I would do every month or other month. So I would be fine visiting Florida every summer to enjoy Sea World, Disney, and beaches.

Texas has more diverse economy and better paying jobs.
Agreed. Work in Texas, take vacations in FL. Cash in your chips when the time is right and snowbird in Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 06:43 PM

9,002 posts, read 10,129,438 times
^^^ Thats a brilliant idea- but honestly I'd just stay in Texas, lol
Sexier guys there

Old 04-26-2015, 11:47 AM

1 posts, read 2,108 times
we both seniors, over 75 years and vegetarians, which place is better for Indian Origin from India. I have either Florida or Texas near Sugar land in my mind. which is better to live without Hurricane hit areas, would like to get some help to take care of the home cleaning etc--TSk

Old 09-25-2018, 08:27 PM

1 posts, read 700 times
To the person who just said Texas has a lot of uninhabited land because it is undesirable... really doesn’t know the first thing about desirability. It’s the beauty of unspoiled nature that attracts. Now back to the question. So I have lived in both states my whole life. I love the beach atmosphere and vibe of Florida. Seems like Tampa would be a good fit for the big city amenities but with beautiful scenery of many nearby nature preserves as well as world class fishing and beaches on Clearwater. Top rated hospitals as well. And let’s not forget the proximity to Disney. That being said. Texas is UNMATCHED when it comes to family life. The schools, the medical and range of activities simply outshine Florida in every way. An example of this Being Austin Tx especially so near lake Travis. As a lover of both states I can say they are wildly different. But I will Always come back to Texas.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:47 PM

23,690 posts, read 9,241,735 times
I would choose Texas.

Old 10-05-2018, 07:55 PM

7,724 posts, read 6,357,310 times
Texas.

Lived in FL for 18 years, Texas for 2 and a half. If I had to move back to either, I'd pick Texas. Wouldn't want to, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.