Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 07:14 PM

65 posts, read 165,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
You called it.
lmao

Old 04-02-2011, 07:18 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,325,322 times
All that Hood crap is a total joke.
Taking pride in how crappy your area is. Yeah thats a great way to get ahead. How about instead hopping a bus and getting the hell out of there?
Or better yet, just walk out. These areas are surrounded by much better places and you only have to walk a mile or two to get out. I really dont understand why people dont just abandon these places and go to where jobs are. Hell, even working at WalMart cant be worse than living day to day not knowing if you will come home alive.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post
Taking pride in how crappy your area is. Yeah thats a great way to get ahead. How about instead hopping a bus and getting the hell out of there?
Or better yet, just walk out. These areas are surrounded by much better places and you only have to walk a mile or two to get out. I really dont understand why people dont just abandon these places and go to where jobs are. Hell, even working at WalMart cant be worse than living day to day not knowing if you will come home alive.
The point about the videos wasn't about glorifying living in the hood.
It was to give people examples of differences between the two regions.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:34 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,325,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate City 202 View Post
The point about the videos wasn't about glorifying living in the hood.
It was to give people examples of differences between the two regions.
Its still pretty apparent that these areas glorify their situation though. Its really stupid. You even have people from different hoods arguing on youtube over which of their areas is more crappy.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:41 PM

639 posts, read 1,289,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
IMO nobody can generalize what northern blacks are like vs southern blacks anymore than one can generalize the same with northern and southern whites. All one can say is that blacks in the north are trying to cope with life as they perceive it where they live and blacks in the south are doing same in their neck of the woods. They both are black in a nation that fails to make racial discrimination against blacks the "issue of our time."
People suffering from victim persecution complexes will never be the issue of any time.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
You even have people from different hoods arguing on youtube over which of their areas is more crappy.
and those people are losers and internet thugs.
I'm I was raised in the projects and that s*** isn't nothing to brag about.
Hell I wish I grew up in the suburbs in a McMansion or nice size house and didn't have to worry whether or not I'd get shot by a stray or get jumped coming home from school.

It don't matter which city has the highest murder or crime rate stuff happens everywhere. Just because people aren't getting killed everyday doesn't mean you're good and you should loaf. Cities like Detroit, Chicago, New Orleans, etcc many be hectic and dangerous because they got high murder rates but you can get robbed and killed in a city thats for the most part, safe. Only internet geeks focus on crime stats and crime stats alone lol.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockindabuildin View Post
I actually notice a far bigger divide between west coast blacks and east coast blacks. Yeah, on AVERAGE blacks up north might be a bit louder, and blacks down south a bit more religious and quiet (This of course applies to northern and southern whites as well). But overall I've spent extended periods in NYC and Atlanta and the difference isn't as much as one might think. But the black people I've met out west, it IS quite different, although I can't quite put my finger on what the difference actually is...
They walk talk dress and act more like whites and mexicans.
They also hate whites and mexicans more.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
They walk talk dress and act more like white people.
They also hate white people more.
lol

Old 04-02-2011, 07:59 PM

209 posts, read 524,251 times
Quote:
It aint that easy man.

I think that documentary is really a poor painting of the way things really area. You have your crew in every neighborhood that is all about keeping everyone down because its the way they survive. The vast majority of people are A. Too ignorant to get out B. too poor to get out.... C. a combination of both. The ones that want to leave and have the means to (Drive, and dreams) do...

As far as walking to miles....maybe elsewhere, but in Houston...a lot of these areas are compounded together...slum after slum.

For example, 5th Ward is bordered by Kashmire and Trinity Gardens to the north... East end to the south, and "northside" to the west.

and if you live in an area like Port Arthur, Texas....you are pretty much screwed....Cause unless you got a plan to get out (like college)....you won't leave. The area is a small city in the golden triangle of Texas, and theirs no escape from that lifestyle unless you have the skills to leave.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate City 202 View Post
lol
I updated it to include mexicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.