Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 08:35 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,448,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrustyJanitor View Post
No, I prefer women who don't sound like the lovechild of Rosie O'Donnell and Mike The Situation.
If smiling and speaking in a womans voice, not a mans voice means afraid, or not assertive to you, there are some skeletons in your closet buddy. Perhaps from your stint in Rikers Island.

"Yo son I like they way that meat hang, come put a hurtin on this bootyhole. Hit it right or I'll slap the taste out your mouth man."

Well.... I guess in a way that is assertive.

I don't hear accents with girls from here, clearly. So that's irrelevant for me. What I meant by assertive (since it seems you don't know the definition) is a bold/outgoing/decisive chick. Not timid and just chilling off to the side just "smiling". The girls you might've meant probably have a lower toned voice or are in fact men.

You keep mentioning Rikers. . . You miss it?

Old 05-05-2011, 08:50 PM

418 posts, read 808,993 times
U can speak up an be assertive without sounding like man

Old 05-05-2011, 09:02 PM

156 posts, read 335,453 times
Quote:
The women your referring to sound like feminine men when they talk. Kinda like gay dudes and there bodies resemble telephone poles.

Even hood rats in the south don't talk like men or mug the f*** out of guys there attracted to thinking that will get there attention, or say words like "son" or "man" at the end of sentences like men do.

Come to think of it, southern hood rats are much more feminine than NYC "classy" chicks.

I think you think your girlfriends from up north are hot because your not bisexual or lesbian and you like men. So you think that your girlfriends with masculine body language, speech patterns, attitudes, and voices are hot stuff. LOL.
you make no sense... I am black and I don't talk like that. like I said stay out of the pj's. And I know all about southern hood rats...they sound way more ignorant atleast we pronounce our syllables and all of our words.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:03 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,641,799 times
My opinion of the ladies N to S:
-I've met some New Englanders of Cape Verdean background & they were down to earth, looked nice, and had a good mild Boston type accent.
-New York holds it down, of course...a mild NY accent can sound nice on a female
-Most of the women that I've crossed paths with are from Northern New Jersey and they can hold their own in the 6-10 range (appearance wise).
-Philly holds it down too...outside of cwofee, they have a normal accent
-The DMV holds its own too...n/a on the accent
-ATL holds its own...n/a on the accent (it depends to be honest)
-Orlando has some nice looking females too...n/a on the accent
-Miami holds its own but that was known already

*Chicago has a lot to offer too
*Detroit has it too
*St. Louis, Cincy,

*California has a lot of attractive women too

Old 05-05-2011, 09:05 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,448,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR23 View Post
U can speak up an be assertive without sounding like man
I know that but I still don't get it . . . Not all girls here say son or yo etc. In a way that's like me criticizing some of the phrases you guys say down there. Just because the majority of guys use it and some girls I can't say all down south chicks sound like ____ .

I know some high pitched chicks and I also know some chicks with lower tones. Mariah Carey has a low tone voice. Does that mean she's less of a female?

Old 05-05-2011, 09:12 PM

32 posts, read 52,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
I know that but I still don't get it . . . Not all girls here say son or yo etc. In a way that's like me criticizing some of the phrases you guys say down there. Just because the majority of guys use it and some girls I can't say all down south chicks sound like ____ .

I know some high pitched chicks and I also know some chicks with lower tones. Mariah Carey has a low tone voice. Does that mean she's less of a female?
Most NYC women sound like feminine men, there tone and voice. Regardless of what words they use. I was just exaggerating because it's fun. I don't think you like fun.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:14 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,842,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
if you were to live here for a few years (if they were recent years) and you wanted to post about what you heard on the streets here as far as the slang that ppl use(d) or you wanted to comment on accents, you wouldn't hear a thing from me. be my guest.

like i said before, i used to live in the south, have fam that lives in the south, have a gf born and raised in the south, etc. and i'm going by what i hear from her as far as words used.

i wouldn't make up the things that she says. i've thought about recording her for cd purposes but i'm not trying to end up in the dog house. if i can sneak and do it then i will.

i'm not criticizing her pronunciation or the slang that she uses, just observing it and i think a lot of you guys from the south that claim certain words aren't said (anymore?) or you don't pronounce things a certain way are not telling the truth. she is not one of one but one of many.

again, she isn't from tx, va or wherever else. she's from sc. thats what its like or whatever in sc.

lastly, having lived for years in the SE and having friends and family that still do (which means i visit often) gives me some knowledge of the area, moreso than a person that has never been or that visited in the summer way back when.

and it certainly gives me more knowledge about the differences between the region than some of you who never step foot in the north or who went way back when for 3 days or something or who MET someone from the north in the state you live in.
Well, like they say, your mileage may very. But your experiences simply do not match any of mine. I'm not saying you're lying about how she talks. What I'm saying is that most people do not say "hot mess" unless they picked it up from somewhere else or they watch too much TV. Most people down here do not use that term or "stank", atleast not to describe the way someone looks.

From Texas to the Carolinas, the way we speak, act, and dress is far more alike than it could ever be different. As someone who is from here, you're simply not as qualified to tell me any different, sorry. I obviously can't prove you haven't been here, and I have to take your word for it, but I still have my doubts about it.

As far as me knowing about the north, the only thing I was saying is that it simply couldn't be true that ALL the women in New York are fixed up everytime they step out of the house. I don't buy that one bit.

Now what you said about southern women does very much ring true some places down here. For instance, living in central Texas, there are plenty of attractive girls, but they're mostly laid back with the way they dress most of the time: coming out with pajama pants on, house shoes, plain t-shirt and pants, athletic gear on, hair in a regular ponytail...compared to my first experience with Houston women who, 7 times out of 10, were completely put together from head to toe: hair, makeup, nails, and outfit on point. I know for a fact it's the same way in Atlanta.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:29 PM

418 posts, read 808,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post

Girls in Baltimore sound like girls. I don't know if consider Baltimore southern (I dont), but I had a discussion about this recently. It's not sexy when girls use slang like dudes. It's also not sexy for a woman to say " I gotta take a ****" we know not all women in nyc sound like men, but all that "yo son" talk is NOT HOT either.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:58 PM

650 posts, read 1,326,921 times
Quote:
I prefer my women to grill and mug me like they want to stab me with a rusty shank, than yell at me "Yo son, I like the way your meat hang!" in a voice that sounds more like Jerome than Jennifer. That turns me on, reminds me of the good old days in the yard at Rikers Island.

Smiling and speaking softly like a stereotypical woman is a terrible thing.
Real women in the 2000s physically resemble the shemales on the American Gladiator show and talk like gangsta rappers.

Who does that though? Like really if she's yelling "Yo son" regularly she's probably extremely ghetto or a "boy". That truly was funny though. Everyone's different.

Old 05-06-2011, 05:58 AM

80 posts, read 146,216 times
Its bad enough that ghetto females from up north be sayin that "yo son" sh%t, but if its said with a NY or Boston accent................ smh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.