Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Detroit or St. Louis?
Detroit 33 32.67%
St. Louis 68 67.33%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 08:04 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,653,873 times

Advertisements

Detroit is nothing like Pittsburgh,Detroit and St. Louis have more similarities.Who dislikes a city because they don't like the rappers from there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 08:06 PM

187 posts, read 1,022,569 times
I dislike Detroit because of Eminem

Old 08-01-2007, 08:21 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,392,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by razzy View Post
I dislike Detroit because of Eminem
I concur

Old 08-01-2007, 08:27 PM

Eminem raps in a different type of style,hes alright.He was good in 8 Mile too.Im not taking one city over the other through.razzy and afj131 you know some fun stuff to do in St. Louis?What about some good soul food resturants?

Old 08-01-2007, 08:37 PM
PPG

509 posts, read 1,423,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Detroit is nothing like Pittsburgh,Detroit and St. Louis have more similarities.Who dislikes a city because they don't like the rappers from there?
Do you really know what you are talking about? These are all rust belt cities and all have similarites, but Pittsburgh and Detroit are the kings of the rust belt.

You asked me which city and when I answer you jump all on me.

.Who dislikes a city because they don't like the rappers from there?[/quote]

Me. St. louis probably has bad weed too. Both cities are hood, but I would rather hang with dudes like d-12 than dudes that look like nelly. Is this cool with you?

Old 08-01-2007, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Eminem raps in a different type of style,hes alright.He was good in 8 Mile too.Im not taking one city over the other through.razzy and afj131 you know some fun stuff to do in St. Louis?What about some good soul food resturants?
I dont actually have a problem with Eminem, I was just making fun of the notion of someone picking this city over that one because he doesnt like the rappers from one city.

There is a lot to do in St Louis (as well as Detroit). Just about anything you can find. What do you have in mind? Specifics would help. Someone else can probably better help you on the soul food thing. But I've seen every kind of restaurant in the city.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:48 PM

Im sorry bout that PPG.I just don't think Pittsburgh and Detroit have alot of similarities.I do agree with them being kings of the rust belt but ya gotta throw Cleveland in too.If you meant they were similiar in the aspect that thier both rust belt cities I see what your saying.razzy I like to go out and get some urban gear sometimes.Does St. Louis have a mall that has the Hip Hop element in it.I gotta go see the Arch.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Im sorry bout that PPG.I just don't think Pittsburgh and Detroit have alot of similarities.I do agree with them being kings of the rust belt but ya gotta throw Cleveland in too.If you meant they were similiar in the aspect that thier both rust belt cities I see what your saying.razzy I like to go out and get some urban gear sometimes.Does St. Louis have a mall that has the Hip Hop element in it.I gotta go see the Arch.
Northwest Plaza, Galleria, West County Shopping Center are three major malls there. You'll be able to find what you are looking for in those places. Northwest Plaza is on the decline though. Galleria is the biggest in the area. There are other malls, but those are the main ones. Also, Forest Park which is close to either university, is the site of the 1904 Worlds Fair and is a nice park. Great zoo that is FREE and an awesome science center also.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:04 PM

Im gonna try and get to St. Louis definetly.I don't know if I'll be able to get to Detroit.Its easier for me to go to St. Louis because me and my dad can take the Colorado-Kansas-Missouri way to STL.We've actually been by STL before.Is one of the malls off the side of the highway because I remember seeing one.STL is starting to sound good through Im not even gonna lie.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Im gonna try and get to St. Louis definetly.I don't know if I'll be able to get to Detroit.Its easier for me to go to St. Louis because me and my dad can take the Colorado-Kansas-Missouri way to STL.We've actually been by STL before.Is one of the malls off the side of the highway because I remember seeing one.STL is starting to sound good through Im not even gonna lie.
You probably saw Mid Rivers Mall out in St Charles county, is my guess. Thats a good mall too, but its out there a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.