Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 11:44 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,635,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
50 should be one of the last people you try to come at with that.
I'll take you to the candy shop

I'll let you lick the lollipop...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 11:48 PM

332 posts, read 449,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzeeboy View Post
haha, who does that song? thats funny, never heard it.
You never heard it? Some girl from New York sings it lol

Old 08-02-2007, 08:24 AM

2,367 posts, read 7,655,149 times
Why do they continue to make dance rap that no one wants to here?If they make a good CD,which they really have to now,maybe people will buy the CD,or download most of the tracks,for money,off the computer.50 Cent went way too mainstream with Candy Shop.That song really got what we have today started.People keep giving out the same message of bling,hot rides,pretty girls,ect.People bought the '90s CDs alot more cause it was true stories from the hood,or it at least sounded believable.I went to the hood in Eastside Cleveland,than later in the summer was in Southside Chicago,I didn't see a bunch of cars rolling on 24s,I saw people struggleing to make it that actually have a story to tell.And again its not the excplicite lyrics that make me mad,its all this pop stuff that comes out.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:32 AM

23 posts, read 123,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
I'll take you to the candy shop

I'll let you lick the lollipop...

50 was hott when he was underground. i used to love hearin buddens and 50 on mixtapes goin back and forth. hes got a 7 disc set he put out well before get rich or die tryin and that was on fire. now he puts lots of pop rap out there...thats wat sells.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:35 AM

Its not gonna sell anymore,its not working for any of the other big time rappers.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:05 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,540,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzeeboy View Post
HUH?? Who dislikes hip hop from NYC?? They must not like real hip hop then. Ive nevered wondered that ever nor knew anyone felt that way cause that type of post!? People might get mad cause they like other music and fell offended, but im sure they dont dislike nyc. Generalization is common. 9 times out of 10 you can play a beat or listen to a song and tell exactly where in the country that artist is from by the style and sound. Im not saying every rapper from dc to ny is great,
They get tired of NY because of it's fans, not because of its rappers. They get tired of the NY Fans always criticizing something different from them. That's why the West Coast had problems with NY in the 90s. All other regions show love to each other but NY always has to be the one criticizing. And when you have Mims, Dipset (only a few are talented), and Chicken Noodle Soup come out from your area, you shouldn't be talking. I've listed many of the people not from New York to DC earlier in this thread and there are countless more. To say that any rap outside the DC to NY area is nothing, is pretty dumb.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:08 AM

I agree with you on that Spade.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:25 AM

74 posts, read 372,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Its not gonna sell anymore,its not working for any of the other big time rappers.
That's what they said about The Massacre and it broke the record lol But Curtis comes out September 11th so we'll see.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:30 AM

Yeah but I mean none of the big rappers have even went 2x platinum.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:17 PM

23 posts, read 123,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
They get tired of NY because of it's fans, not because of its rappers. They get tired of the NY Fans always criticizing something different from them. That's why the West Coast had problems with NY in the 90s. All other regions show love to each other but NY always has to be the one criticizing. And when you have Mims, Dipset (only a few are talented), and Chicken Noodle Soup come out from your area, you shouldn't be talking. I've listed many of the people not from New York to DC earlier in this thread and there are countless more. To say that any rap outside the DC to NY area is nothing, is pretty dumb.
Like, i said before...not everyone from that region is good. Also like i said... there are talented artists outside that area. I never used absolutes like everyone or all, i always used majorities like most or a handful. Of course there gonna be some corny songs that come from the NE but the south and most other areas are 85% trash. scarface, outkast, kanye, hi tek, main flow, common, 2pac and others all have skillz outside that area. And when east and west beefed it wasnt cause NY was criticizing other regions for not having skill. do you think MOST hip hop coming from other areas is really that good??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.