Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 11:48 PM

332 posts, read 449,017 times

Advertisements

T-Pain's songs and voice get very annoying extremely quick to me! I remember back than a song would come out and people would never get tried of the songs but these days people like me usually only like a song for about a week and get over it! I miss the good ole days where rap was actually good!

*EDITED*
www.myspace.com/zromocitydon Z-ro's Myspace

Last edited by madmann101; 07-31-2007 at 01:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 12:00 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,207,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantonzOwn View Post
How come every huge rapper comes from a well known city and usually a well known neighborhood? Just because they came from a big city means they've got the ability to rhyme in a melodic manner? Try to name a rapper from a small city or a less known city and I bet you have a hard time. Why can't we get a big time rapper from a small city because it's not like small cities don't have slums. Any input would be great.
I was into ' Rap ' before some of you were born. Got myself an 8 track of " Blowfly's Rap " and me and my friends laughed, but that was 1979. I'm pretty sure there is nothing ' melodic ' about rap.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:04 AM

15 posts, read 69,282 times
www.myspace.com/dlomusic DLO from madison, WI for some good underground midwest hiphop. best/most influential rapper out now: KANYE WEST.

Old 07-31-2007, 01:13 AM
Flipinino

n/a posts
Default not so fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newintha719 View Post
I think in a couple of years we will start seein rappers from places like Denver Minn., Seattle, Omaha... and so on, Phoenix is already starting to make alil noise, with Juice, signed with The Games Lable black wall street, and North pole wit DTP, I know Pheonix is a larger city but it's never been known as a " Hip Hop" city
Not to disrespectfully correct you on this statement Newintha719, but Sir-Mix-A-Lot "Baby Got Back" is from Seattle,WA even though he makes refrences to both Los Angeles and Oakland,CA in this song.

Also, "Tallahassee" Pain chose his name properly. He comes by his name quite well for the simple fact that whenever you hear his voice on the radio or God forbid intentionally on someones CD it brings some sort of a "painful" experience to your eardrums while you contemplate suicidal thoughts. That's my take on his so called "talent". Anyway, Hip Hop was created for innovation and progression. It is not the genre of Hip Hop that brings the "negativity" to the table. It is the choice of the current artists on the radio and those who follow their lead to manipulate the purpose and cause of Intellectual Hip Hop. Mainstream bubble gum pop "rap" on the radio are the enemies of the Originators and Legends of Hip Hop who made this music so dear to our hearts. Krs-One said, "Rap is something you do, Hip Hop is something you live" and no matter what anyone says to me, no matter who they are, I am eternally convinced that the traitors and imposters heard on the radio today are RAPPERS. RAP music is the comtamination of Hip Hop. Artists with substance in their lyrics are EMCEES of the Hip Hop genre and deejays and producers were the actual structure of Hip Hop. It has been said that without the deejay the emcee would be rapping acapella. Deejaying existed before the emcee was considered as a thought.

The only katz in mainstream who are making a name for themselves and announcing their comebacks are: Kanye West, NAS, Common Sense, AZ, Keith Murray, DMX, KRS-one with Marley Marl. Boot Camp Clik along with Rakim and CL Smooth seem to be making efforts as well. I have respect for Jay-Z being the only rapper to perform and sell out Madison Square but he disrespected 2pacs name with that song he did with Biance. Lupe Fiasco released an outstanding single "Kick, Push". Is The Roots mainstream? Not sure where I'd categorize them. The Game is a last honorable mention but he seems about as fake as 50 cent in some cases. Lloyd Banks is as whack as ever. Young Buck I have mixed feelings about. I also liked Beanie Sigel's release about 2 or 3 years back. He's true. Peace.

Old 07-31-2007, 01:19 AM
Flipinino

n/a posts
I forgot to mention, Dilated Peoples and Jurassic 5 are still underground but I think they're slowly creeping as mid-mainstream across America. In California and all throughout the West Coast they're MAJOR mainstream but in General they are just mid-mainstream national and internationally. I mention those two groups because I recognize them as West Coast talent. Many others I can mention in Cali but they haven't made enough of a mainstream noise.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:13 AM

87 posts, read 147,219 times
[quote=Flipinino;1177081]Not to disrespectfully correct you on this statement Newintha719, but Sir-Mix-A-Lot "Baby Got Back" is from Seattle,WA even though he makes refrences to both Los Angeles and Oakland,CA in this song.

Yea but he wasnt reppin Seattle and was jus a 1 hit wonder put together by a record lable, i mean rappers actually reppin places like that.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:53 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,634,135 times
Rap sales are down 33% in the US since last year. The genre is gradually dying out.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:08 AM

2,367 posts, read 7,653,873 times
Music sales are down period,its not just rap.Its because people don't buy a CD anymore,they just download thier favorite song.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:24 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmann101 View Post
T-Pain's songs and voice get very annoying extremely quick to me! I remember back than a song would come out and people would never get tried of the songs but these days people like me usually only like a song for about a week and get over it! I miss the good ole days where rap was actually good!

*EDITED*
www.myspace.com/zromocitydon Z-ro's Myspace
T-Pain like's to think of himself as a singer when he really can't do that either. Hardly anyone in the mainstream can sing now. And they all talk about the same thing. At least in the 90s, when they talked about sex, they sang their heart out of it. Now, it's mediocrity and you have more "whining" than singing. They try to hit the high note, and they can't, so it sounds horrible. It's pathetic. R&B is at a worse state imo than hip hop is because the Rhythem and Blues aspect of it is gone. It got to much included in with hip hop.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:27 AM

332 posts, read 449,017 times
Who the hell signs these pathetic artist anyways? Cassie(She dosen't sing,she talks!) and these random chicks who come out with one song and just suddenly disappear. I'm slowly becoming a rock fan because the more rnb/rap songs come out,the more I hate them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.