Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which one of these would be the best for going to college?
Cleveland 6 17.65%
Kansas City 6 17.65%
St. Louis 15 44.12%
Detroit 7 20.59%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 12:44 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,652,142 times

Advertisements

Im 16 and Im starting to think about college and where I want to go to.I want to live in one of the Midwestern cities,and I need some help on which one would be the best?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2007, 12:46 PM

Im not going to vote on this poll,but which one do you guys think would be my best choice?

Old 07-29-2007, 01:28 PM

And do these cities have one to two bedroom apartments between 400 and 500 $?

Old 07-29-2007, 01:29 PM

607 posts, read 2,979,712 times
I don't know how good you are doing in school, but here are some colleges in Detroit. Uof D, a catholic school, student body is 6,000, mainly white. Wayne State University. they have a medical school, and the school is pretty good, alog with UofD, mainly white. then there is MaryGrove college, which is near U of D. student body is mainly black. there is aslo Detroit College for Creative Studies, and i don't Know much about, except he school is mainly white. you should get a barrons book guide to colleges.

Old 07-29-2007, 01:45 PM

I've done pretty good my whole life in school.Never straight As but a mix between As,Bs,and Cs.

Old 07-29-2007, 03:55 PM

102 posts, read 454,837 times
Are those the only midwest cities you are considering? I go to college in Minneapolis at the University of Minnesota and I like it a lot. It's one of the few major universities that's right in the heart of the city. As far as the choices listed you might want to look at the college situation in each city. I'm not really sure what schools they have. I'm thinking no matter what city you are looking at it, it will probably be hard to find a decent two bedroom in the 400-500 range. You might be able to find a one bedroom in that range and definitely a studio apt. I wouldn't choose Detroit or Cleveland but that's just me. Out of that list I'd be looking into Kansas City and St. Louis.

Old 07-29-2007, 04:13 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,083,905 times
Out of that list, Kansas city, but personally, I can't imagine wanting to live in any of those cities.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:04 PM

607 posts, read 2,979,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
Out of that list, Kansas city, but personally, I can't imagine wanting to live in any of those cities.
yeah, but your different. alot of those cities have alot of stuff, and Cleveland and Detroit rank as one of the biggest midwest cities. you can't hate the whole city

Old 07-29-2007, 05:15 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,304,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Im 16 and Im starting to think about college and where I want to go to.I want to live in one of the Midwestern cities,and I need some help on which one would be the best?
Unless if you are going to an elite private school or you get a scholarship somewhere else, the best college to go is the one where you can get in-state tuition. Take it from me. I chose to attend an out-of-state college with a scholarship, and changed my mind midway through what I want to study. Now I am locked into a major that I hate because I don't want to be on the 6-year plan-- my scholarship lasts four years whether I'm done or not, so I'd have to pay ridiculous out-of-state tuition to go longer for four years. Summer session classes, study abroad programs are NOT paid for with my scholarship, I'd have to pay that out of my own pocket, and out-of-state tution, which costs almost as much as what a private school costs (yet I am going to a mediocre public school). It all adds up. You factor in moving costs, transportation costs going back and forth (assuming you'd be visiting back home) and it gets ridiculous. Plus, of all the cities you mentioned, the only top notch school is Washington University in Saint Louis. If I'm not mistaken, CTown, you live in Colorado now, right? Go to either CU (Boulder) or CSU (Fort Collins)-- both fun towns.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:33 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,083,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush611 View Post
yeah, but your different. alot of those cities have alot of stuff, and Cleveland and Detroit rank as one of the biggest midwest cities. you can't hate the whole city
I don't hate those cities, I just wouldn't want to live in them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.