Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 08:02 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
You know why I'm comparing? Because Scotty said "there are rednecks everywhere". No, there isn't. The cultural difference between north and south couldn't be any more distinct. Saying we're all the same is just pure ignorance.

If you think that the north or anywhere else for that matter is redneck free, that just shows you how much you really don't know about this country. Yes there are rednecks everywhere. We are all basically the same. I have relatives in the north and the south and they are the same people.

Old 11-30-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbern100 View Post
Let me guess , you live in a small or rural town , probably not alot of friends or a great job, maybe you suffer from depression ?

I had a friend who was in my fraternity at UF and he hated gainesville and he said life was so much better in the northern town he came from, he was surrounded by gorgeous warm weather and some of the most beautiful and tan girls in america in florida, a great social life he never took part of, and beautiful weather and beautiful southern beaches for our sailing not far from our house, but life was so much better in the northern rust belt town where he came from.

His family came to visit and told us his life was miserable in high school as well, it is weird how people make life so great where they came from but the same social and career failures plague them everywhere.

Exactly!

Old 11-30-2015, 08:07 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,619,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbern100 View Post
much happier? lol . Do you suffer from depression? it sounds like it

You seem to make alot of contradictory statements , one minute you talk live you are living in a small town in georgia , now you live near atlanta or maybe you are just ghosting and trolling
Lol. I very recently moved to Atlanta, but I lived out in rural GA for about 10 years. Maybe I'm still traumatized. Thank you, I do feel much less depressed these days now that I live around art and culture again.

Old 11-30-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
If you think that the north or anywhere else for that matter is redneck free, that just shows you how much you really don't know about this country. Yes there are rednecks everywhere. We are all basically the same. I have relatives in the north and the south and they are the same people.
You still don't get it. Yes there are rednecks everywhere. But there are MUCH MORE down here. Why else would red states vote the way they do? Hello?

Have you lived in both the north and south Scotty? Or are you basing your assumptions on your relatives?

Old 11-30-2015, 08:09 PM

295 posts, read 296,874 times
Quote:
but I lived out in rural GA for about 10 years.
So it took 10 years to realize this?

Old 11-30-2015, 08:09 PM

Quote:
You know why I'm comparing? Because Scotty said "there are rednecks everywhere". No, there isn't. The cultural difference between north and south couldn't be any more distinct. Saying we're all the same is just pure ignorance.

Wake up to reality. Scotty speaks the truth and the truth sometimes hurts some people. That some people bare the ones that have the false impression that they are better than others.

Old 11-30-2015, 08:10 PM

295 posts, read 296,874 times
Quote:
You still don't get it. Yes there are rednecks everywhere. But there are MUCH MORE down here. Why else would red states vote the way they do? Hello?

Have you lived in both the north and south Scotty? Or are you basing your assumptions on your relatives?

Then who's voting in all these republicans?

Old 11-30-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineskyscrapers View Post
So it took 10 years to realize this?
Nope, I realized on day one I was in for a culture shock. I even tried going to church to fit in. It was exhausting, so I quit trying to be 'country' to fit in, it wasn't who I am.

Old 11-30-2015, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineskyscrapers View Post
Then who's voting in all these republicans?
You tell me? Where's the republican stronghold? Where are the red states located? Now you're trolling

Old 11-30-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Wake up to reality. Scotty speaks the truth and the truth sometimes hurts some people. That some people bare the ones that have the false impression that they are better than others.
So, where in the north and south have you lived to come to such noble conclusions? I'd like to know what kind of real world experience you have to think you know better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.