Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 03:45 PM

6,804 posts, read 6,027,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
Yeah the south is growing mainly because it's the cheapest region in this country......but okay.
Don't forget the weather!!

Old 11-30-2015, 03:48 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,348,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The link you gave had absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic ...white affluence in the northern and southern states. Can you read with a 3rd graders comprehension level? Someone gave the average income by state for whites and you just keep ignoring that because you don't like the facts.
I've been posting and including facts in my post consistently. Did you just wake up Sherlock? You haven't even used credible facts. You're going off on what another poster said who was also himself saying you were wrong. Do you have the reading comprehension of a newborn baby? I don't like facts right? After I just sent you a link that proves what I said correct. Hmmmmmm okay lol.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:51 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,348,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
He originally started this conversation by saying it wasn't debatable that white affluence in the north was greater than the south. Then he tried to make it northeast versus south but switching Virginia to the north, West Virginia to the south, Maryland to the north cause there numbers looked good, taking out all of the northern states that he didn't like their numbers, and then making it income based without considering race, in contrast to his original assertion.
I never said Maryland was in the north neither did I say Virginia. Wow read next time and don't ever put words into my mouth. Bad idea, really bad idea. West Virginia is apart of the south...... It's not apart of the northeast. Take geography again. You're not sounding so smart right now buddy. Also I said Virginia is far up the list because of northern va which doesn't like to identify with the south. How are you going to educate me on a place I live? Also northern Virginia is is in the Bos-Wash corridor because it's apart of the DC metro area. Bless your heart.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:40 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,618,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post

What the hell does your post even mean? "Isms"?
God and guns, sure.
Gays, however, are a special gift of the north as liberals openly embrace them. Southerners don't obsess over gays as liberal northerners do as they aren't recognized as a special class of people; more like a curse.

Southern men like women, not the genitalia or sewer chutes of other men.

You must have pointedly visited weird parts of NOLA to draw such conclusions.
This post highlights exactly WHY southerners have the reputation for being bible thumping idiots. Thank you for proving my point.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:42 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
/she
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
I've spent almost equal parts of my life in Boston and Atlanta.

Southern stereotypes exist for a reason. People down here really are by and large fat, dumb and religious (especially the further from ATL you go)

Northerners aren't as friendly to strangers, but are more genuine and honest people. They won't be sugary sweet to your face and stab you in the back like a southerner. They're also vastly better educated.

Are they almost as fat, dumb, and religious as Northerners??

I know, I know this is just as ignorant as his/her reply. Just showing him/her how ignorant he/she is.
The south does not have a monopoly on fat, dumb,and religious. Just the ignorant believe this.

Last edited by Scotty011; 11-30-2015 at 05:01 PM..

Old 11-30-2015, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
One of the cultural differences between the north and south illuminated. Heh.

BTW, one thing I have seen which has proven in a psychological study is southern men are much more likely to get very mad if you are rude to them. IIRC the study had people purposely bump into college students in the North and South in a narrow hallway, alternatively apologizing and calling the guy a jerk. They then did a "fake" study where they really measured the levels of anger in the participants. The southern men were really upset, while the northern men mostly just shrugged it off and laughed.
I believe this 110%. In my experience, I've always dated Yankee men over southern men for a variety of reasons, one of them being they can bust balls and let things roll off, whereas southern men get VERY offended very quickly and don't respond well to ball-busting. I mean, look at how our resident southern poster Armory responds.

Look at country music-- it's like emo for rednecks. All overly sentimental bs about mundane things if you ask me. (How many times can you sing about a stupid truck?)

Ugh. I rue the day I moved down south. Everything is just worse here, except the weather and cost of living.

Gods, gays, guns and FOOBALL

Old 11-30-2015, 05:01 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,253,222 times
Quote:
I believe this 110%. In my experience, I've always dated Yankee men over southern men for a variety of reasons, one of them being they can bust balls and let things roll off, whereas southern men get VERY offended very quickly and don't respond well to ball-busting. I mean, look at how our resident southern poster Armory responds.

Look at country music-- it's like emo for rednecks. All overly sentimental bs about mundane things if you ask me. (How many times can you sing about a stupid truck?)

Ugh. I rue the day I moved down south. Everything is just worse here, except the weather and cost of living.

Interstate 20, 75, and 85 are accessible most days.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Interstate 20, 75, and 85 are accessible most days.
Ah, the default response. Nah, I'd rather stay and try to improve the dismal education system here.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:11 PM

4,409 posts, read 6,536,583 times
Quote:

Yeah because, you know, nothing like that exists in the north.

Also why does that little list include gays? isn't that a northern/west coast stereotype or are you driving at "hatred of gays" because if that is the case I have a few million gay-bashing (literally at times) New Yorkers to introduce you to...

Old 11-30-2015, 05:12 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
Ah, the default response. Nah, I'd rather stay and try to improve the dismal education system here.

No offense, but maybe you could do a better job in the state from whence you came. It seems they need a little help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.