Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 01:20 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,513,367 times

Advertisements

I've never understood the whole Christian/racist thing. Didn't Jesus explicitly state to love your neighbor, etc, etc? Seems pretty mutually exclusive.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:42 PM

940 posts, read 2,027,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
erikthealien:: Don't listen to those people who call you a psyco and other names...There are many people that agree with you.
Indeed--you have plenty of supporters!

FUN BUNCH!

Old 04-24-2011, 01:44 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,427,328 times
yeah, too bad Indiana isn't the cultural and social Mecca it used to be.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:52 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthealien View Post
Indiana, my home state, has in the past 15 years been transformed into something very different. Superstores, chain malls and extreme corporatism has transformed this state into this awful, materialistic farce that it is today.

Up until the last 15 years Indiana had largely been and socially conservative, Christian dominated society. Today, with mass media entertainment, it resembles something entirely. All those that worhsip are considered religious fringe. Those that celebrate the past are looked at as weird and backward.

The young girls are materialistic, radical feminist and obsessed with celeberty culture. Young boys are obsessed with violence and video games. All the mom and pop stores have been destroyed, and industrliaznation has been taken over.
This new technologically obsessed world has completely decentralized the family.

Here's another thing I can't stand that is considered racist: multiculturalism and diversity. I can't stand how native hoosiers are now with other minorities. I can't stand how its promoted on TV. I absolutely hate it. I don't like how others can't prefer there own kind. Maybe if this wasn't as big as it currently is then I would let it slide. BUt everywhere I go people are race mixing. THis is racial genocide. It's gotten out of hand. It quite literally in my view has approached dangerous levels.

Sorry if this post offends people. But its really how I feel. I hope a state secedes so we can fix this problem. It needs to be brought into the forefront. I just cant stand american socitety today. It's so awful.
erikthealien !!! ... Interesting Indeed !

Jolly good subject matter mate ... Hold fast to your dreams of the outstanding America of which you speak !!!

You are far from alone in your desire for just such a return to the dynamic basis upon which made the States such an austounding sucess on the world stage !!! Hold fast to your desire for the pride, patriotism and power of the America you cherish !

And let not the acute foolishness of a few daft blighters change your thinking ... keep up the great work mate !!! Ta / Ole Sgt. Lamar

Old 04-24-2011, 02:03 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
erikthealien:: Don't listen to those people who call you a psyco and other names. I feel the same way about things. This is a sick society for all the reasons that you stated. There are many people that agree with you.
This society was sick before 1965. KKK, Jim Crow racism, slavery, genocide of Native Americans, the Prohibition era, Bombingham. This is just a sample. This society had issues before. The only difference between then and now is that every ethnic group has the same rights now. Back then, I, as an African-American, would have a much more difficult like.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:52 PM

23 posts, read 95,039 times
Quote:
Indiana, my home state, has in the past 15 years been transformed into something very different. Superstores, chain malls and extreme corporatism has transformed this state into this awful, materialistic farce that it is today.

Up until the last 15 years Indiana had largely been and socially conservative, Christian dominated society. Today, with mass media entertainment, it resembles something entirely [different]. All those that worhsip are considered religious fringe. Those that celebrate the past are looked at as weird and backward.

The young girls are materialistic, radical feminist[s] and obsessed with celeberty culture. Young boys are obsessed with violence and video games. All the mom and pop stores have been destroyed, and industrliaznation has been taken over.
This new technologically obsessed world has completely decentralized the family.

Here's another thing I can't stand that is considered racist: multiculturalism and diversity. I can't stand how native hoosiers are now with other minorities. I can't stand how its promoted on TV. I absolutely hate it. I don't like how others can't prefer there own kind. Maybe if this wasn't as big as it currently is then I would let it slide. BUt everywhere I go people are race mixing. THis is racial genocide. It's gotten out of hand. It quite literally in my view has approached dangerous levels.

Sorry if this post offends people. But its really how I feel. I hope a state secedes so we can fix this problem. It needs to be brought into the forefront. I just cant stand american socitety today. It's so awful.
So you want Indiana to withdraw from the U.S. and become a confederate state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhAcid View Post
I don't think you realize that you, and people like you are the problem with the world today.
Couldn't have said it better myself. If you "cant stand american socitety today," and think "it's so awful," then by all means, move to the U.K. Interracial relationships certainly aren't as, if at all, prevalent there.

I proofread your post for you, Mr.Redneck. "Sorry if this post offends" you.

Last edited by mac n cheese; 04-24-2011 at 03:06 PM..

Old 04-24-2011, 03:24 PM

940 posts, read 2,027,487 times
also, I just have to add... the name "indiana" means "Land of Indians."

"I can't stand how native hoosiers are now with other minorities"

I know what you mean, man. The miamis and shawnees really got screwed over!

"THis is racial genocide."

Old 04-24-2011, 04:07 PM

12 posts, read 33,403 times
Quote:

Up until the last 15 years Indiana had largely been and socially conservative, Christian dominated society. Today, with mass media entertainment, it resembles something entirely. All those that worhsip are considered religious fringe. Those that celebrate the past are looked at as weird and backward.

The young girls are materialistic, radical feminist and obsessed with celeberty culture. Young boys are obsessed with violence and video games. All the mom and pop stores have been destroyed, and industrliaznation has been taken over.

Quote:
Martin Luther King Jr and the hippies destroyed this country. It's the truth.
Quote:
I want my old christian socially conservative indiana back.
Yes, instead of spending time with your children to make sure they appreciate all of the developments of modern history, i.e. equality for all, women having their own identity, being able to find their passion and getting paid to do it, that no one is inferior to anyone, and so on, you are using the developments of modern history also know as technology, such as the computer, DSL (or knowing you, dial up internet connection), the internet, this website, and this site's host servers (that store your remarks on this site for the world see) to let us all know about your ridiculous dream of moving the country 100 steps back to the stone age.

And that latter remark is false. It's an opinion, not a fact. I truly feel sorry for your children if you believe that's the truth. MLKJ, womens rights fighters, and every other freedom fighter had the courage and bravery to fight for what's right (so that your wife and daughter and granddaughters can have the same rights as you), while you have done nothing for the creation or development of the state of Indiana (or this country) and say "I want my Indiana back."

Please do us all a favor and leave the country.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:27 PM

23 posts, read 95,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac n cheese View Post
So you want Indiana to withdraw from the U.S. and become a confederate state.
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...lve-union.html
I stand corrected. You want the U.S. to be divided into nine different countries. You're a threat to the U.S. and should be be exiled.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:25 PM

175 posts, read 273,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac n cheese View Post
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...lve-union.html
I stand corrected. You want the U.S. to be divided into nine different countries. You're a threat to the U.S. and should be be exiled.

Actually in the past I was harsh to the conservative ideology, now I absolutely agree with it.

Diversity and democracy for all is overrated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.