Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2007, 10:23 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,799,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
East Palo Alto at one time was the murder capitol of the US. In 1992, it had 42 murders. 42 murders in a city with a population of 24,000 people, and a size of 2.6 square miles. That's a murder rate of 175 per 100,000 people.
The highest murder rate ever recorded to my knowledge was in the Hunts Point/Longwood sections of the Bronx. 41st Precinct. 100+ murders in the 1970's with a population aa little over 20,000. It held that for a couple years, I belive it got as high as 120+ in 1973. All within a square mile. What a hell hole that place was. It still is a bad neighborhood, but just not at the state it was. It was basically unliveable. More residents were killed, died from AIDS, overdoses, or asthma then natural death.

Hunters Point in San Fransisco is also pretty bad, a lot of housing projects out there correct? I'm sure the same is true for East Palo Alto although I am unfamiliar with it.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:04 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,238,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustla718 View Post
The highest murder rate ever recorded to my knowledge was in the Hunts Point/Longwood sections of the Bronx. 41st Precinct. 100+ murders in the 1970's with a population aa little over 20,000. It held that for a couple years, I belive it got as high as 120+ in 1973. All within a square mile. What a hell hole that place was. It still is a bad neighborhood, but just not at the state it was. It was basically unliveable. More residents were killed, died from AIDS, overdoses, or asthma then natural death.

Hunters Point in San Fransisco is also pretty bad, a lot of housing projects out there correct? I'm sure the same is true for East Palo Alto although I am unfamiliar with it.
Yeah, Hunters Point is pretty bad, it's definitely the largest concentration of housing projects in SF. Of course it's not as bad now as in the early 90's and 80's though. It has a population of about 30,000, and so far for 2007, has had 12 murders. I'm not sure about the population of the projects in HP though.

Other high crime areas in SF would be the Sunnydale projects in Visitacion Valley (just down south from Hunters Point), the Potrero Hill projects, The Alemany Projects in Bernal Heights, Lakeview (which in the early 90's was considered more dangerous than hunters point), areas of the Mission District, such as the projects at Army and Harrison, Valencia Garden Projects, 16th and mission, 20th-19th and mission/valencia/south van ness, (the border of Sureno and Norteno gang turfs), the projects in the Fillmore and lower Haight, and the Tenderloin.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:03 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Now why would you do that?

I'll give you my top choices in no particular order:

1. Anywhere in Camden, NJ
2. ANywhere in East St. Louis, Illinois
3. Harlem
4. Brooklyn
5. The Bronx
6. Queens
7. South Side of Chicago
8. Laredo, Texas in its entirely along with every other town on the Mexican border....it is a Third World country down there
9. South Central Los Angeles
10. Compton...DUH!

Old 08-16-2007, 04:43 PM

3,073 posts, read 11,575,953 times
Quote:
How does that video NOT have anything to do with crime?

-Glorification of violence, guns, gangs, and drugs.
-Disorder. Motocross bikes on sidewalks ment for foot traffic. No respect for the law.
-Obvious gang activity.
-Guns flashed. I don't know about you, but I doubt they are registered legal owners.

A gathering of young people, yeah young criminals. That ain't no MTV/BET music video. That's a street thug with a cam repping his hood on Smack DVD.

They have a good series that goes through all the major hoods in the USA. It's called Hood 2 Hood. Gang members, drug dealers, hustlers just talking about ghetto bull****. Would be interesting if someone could post them all in this thread.
Well, aside from the guns you just described plenty of suburbs. Calling them criminals is not necessary, though. You have no idea if either of them have even committed a crime. It looks like they're minding their own business, to me. Not bothering anybody.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:50 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,500,679 times
Quote:
How does that video NOT have anything to do with crime?

-Glorification of violence, guns, gangs, and drugs.
-Disorder. Motocross bikes on sidewalks ment for foot traffic. No respect for the law.
-Obvious gang activity.
-Guns flashed. I don't know about you, but I doubt they are registered legal owners.

A gathering of young people, yeah young criminals. That ain't no MTV/BET music video. That's a street thug with a cam repping his hood on Smack DVD.

They have a good series that goes through all the major hoods in the USA. It's called Hood 2 Hood. Gang members, drug dealers, hustlers just talking about ghetto bull****. Would be interesting if someone could post them all in this thread.
I'll post some NYC ghetto videos:

YouTube - Most Dangerous Neighborhood In New York...Harlem

http://youtube.com/watch?v=co9_KsUP0jg.jpg

YouTube - Brooklyn Bloods Blood New York UBN Gang Street-Gangz.com

YouTube - Bronx Bloods Lord Tariq Sex Money Murder Street-Gangz.com

YouTube - Bed-stuy Blood stacking

The Notorious BIG's funeral in Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn turns into a riot/party...

YouTube - The Notorious B.I.G.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:07 AM

2 posts, read 32,393 times
There are alot of high crime neighborhoods all over the bay area. My city San Jose is a safe city but we still got some high crime areas like Seven Trees and Checkers Block. Some other places that are pretty bad are Richmond, CA and parts of Pittsburg, CA.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:41 AM

1,529 posts, read 2,799,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
Well, aside from the guns you just described plenty of suburbs. Calling them criminals is not necessary, though. You have no idea if either of them have even committed a crime. It looks like they're minding their own business, to me. Not bothering anybody.
Why are you lieing to yourself? It's pretty obvious what those guys are about. Although you don't see it, that doesn't mean it does not exist. There are enough hints in the video to indicate criminal activity is common in the area.

Would you want to walk through that? That is an active walkway, the only way into that building lobby. I wouldn't.

Anyway, I am sticking to my guns. My nomination for the most crime filled neighborhood in America is Brownsville, Brooklyn. A square mile full of 80,000+ low income people. Most of which living in low income public housing projects. High density + high poverty = a lot of crime.

Last edited by Hustla718; 08-17-2007 at 01:51 AM..

Old 08-17-2007, 08:07 AM

2,367 posts, read 7,655,803 times
Quote:
Why are you lieing to yourself? It's pretty obvious what those guys are about. Although you don't see it, that doesn't mean it does not exist. There are enough hints in the video to indicate criminal activity is common in the area.

Would you want to walk through that? That is an active walkway, the only way into that building lobby. I wouldn't.

Anyway, I am sticking to my guns. My nomination for the most crime filled neighborhood in America is Brownsville, Brooklyn. A square mile full of 80,000+ low income people. Most of which living in low income public housing projects. High density + high poverty = a lot of crime.
Yeah like alot of the guys with the bandannas on there faces,probably didn't want thier identities revealed,they are probably involved in criminal activity.And like you siad in one of your earlier posts Hustla,those guys probably hold heat without a liscence.There was a bunch of indicators.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:44 AM

3,073 posts, read 11,575,953 times
Quote:

Whatever. In the meantime, how about we stop exploiting people we don't even know. Posting those videos was not even called for. And I assure you that there are plenty of places outside of New York with worse gutters and crime than Brooklyn.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:20 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
No hood is harder than the other. If a person from the so called "toughest" hood in the US goes into another hood in another city and think they can run things because they are from that "toughest" hood. There is a good chance he will not be making it back to the "toughest" hood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.