Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2007, 03:06 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,364,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
lmao. I'd bet anyhting people on here would rather walk through San Bernardino than the South Bronx or Bushwick.
I know I would!!! Those places are even scary in a locked car.

Diane

Old 09-17-2007, 03:55 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,652,142 times
So far this year my city Cleveland has already had around 100 homicides,with 3 1/2 months to go.If Cleveland ends up having over 130,its homicide rate would be in the top cities easily,and the city itself would be in the top 5 cities for crime rates.Not good for a city of less than 450,000 people,they really need to clean Cleveland up,I've even heard the suburbs of Cleveland are expeiencing an increase in crime and poverty,which is not good because the suburbs have been known to be safe.I only hope the crime will go down there,otherwise people will continue to move away from Cleveland.The city isn't in good economic shape right now,so people aren't going to put up with the crime,especially if it spreads into the suburbs,which is already slowly but surely happening.The metro of Cleveland has remained pretty stable in its population,but if crime keeps increasing it won't.

Old 09-17-2007, 04:01 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,497,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
So far this year my city Cleveland has already had around 100 homicides,with 3 1/2 months to go.If Cleveland ends up having over 130,its homicide rate would be in the top cities easily,and the city itself would be in the top 5 cities for crime rates.Not good for a city of less than 450,000 people,they really need to clean Cleveland up,I've even heard the suburbs of Cleveland are expeiencing an increase in crime and poverty,which is not good because the suburbs have been known to be safe.I only hope the crime will go down there,otherwise people will continue to move away from Cleveland.The city isn't in good economic shape right now,so people aren't going to put up with the crime,especially if it spreads into the suburbs,which is already slowly but surely happening.The metro of Cleveland has remained pretty stable in its population,but if crime keeps increasing it won't.
Really. Since when were suburbs not known to be safe?

Old 09-17-2007, 05:24 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,652,142 times
Quote:
Really. Since when were suburbs not known to be safe?
Im only talking about Clevelands suburbs,not the suburbs of other cities,and the suburbs of Cleveland are known to be pretty safe.Most of Cleveland's suburbs have low crime rates and poverty rates.I wasn't implying that every suburb in the United States is safe.Some of the most dangerous places in the US are suburbs of bigger cities.

Old 09-17-2007, 06:06 PM

234 posts, read 1,157,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkue View Post
Hey, Don juan, it's obvious that greatlakes girl aint from the D or she knows it's true...there are more Bad parts in Detroit than there is good. I mean Downtown is the only thing the city cares about. They don't come through the Hood. It's terrible where we live at. I'm from the 6mile Gratiot area and believe me bro, it looks just like how the video portrays it. Some neighborhoods has only 2 houses on the whole block, others don't have any.

hey i agree with you detroit is the hood. Trick daddy got beat up in Detroit. Styles P got his butt whooped in Detroit too. I know for a fact detroit is very dangerous. its always in the top 5 most dangerous cities. I cant say the same for brooklyn or harlem as this futurecop put it.

Old 09-17-2007, 06:49 PM

Quote:
lmao. I'd bet anyhting people on here would rather walk through San Bernardino than the South Bronx or Bushwick.
San bernardino has close to 200,000 people while the places ur talking about has a little over a million people and still San bernardino is on the list. san bernardino has some nice areas and it has some very dangerous ones. The boys out here aint on that fake gangsta stuff like alot of those new yorkers are on. people on here really dont know too much about san bernardino. trust me supercop there is alot of places u wont go in san bernardino period. like the Little zion apartments,or the california gardens which is called the darkside bcuz they busted all the lights on the street out and if u come driving in that neighborhood at night ur getting shot, the delman heights area, 5x crips,gilbert street,IE projects,PPHG, the cambodian gangs,southside rialto which is mexicans,colton city crips and here is a video of them
YouTube - 40 GLOCC - WHERE THEM HAMMERZ AT?=
.. they even have a video of him calling out dipset which is harlem bloods.
40 glocc be out there in NY walking around bcuz he is signed to mobb deep/g-unit. trust me you wont see those NY rappers walking around in IE/san bernardino hoods. those parts of san bernardino is depressing. You even have to watch out for LA gangs out here. they have to group up bcuz san bernardino gangs would try to run them out. LA gangs grouping up out here is called No love, meaning they aint got no Love for san bernardino.
we also have alot of bad cops and here is footage

YouTube - San Bernardino Sheriff's Shooting - Chino CA

futurecop show me any site that has harlem or brooklyn on the most dangerous cities

Old 09-17-2007, 07:15 PM

Quote:

ohhhhhhh $hit future cop look at the murder stats in harlem
Murder Rate Rises in City - December 28, 2006 - The New York Sun

There were 11 murders in Central Harlem's 28th precinct this year compared with five at the same time last year. In Harlem's 30th precinct, there have been 12 murders so far this year, compared with six last year.
Murders also increased in the 103rd precinct, where Sean Bell was fatally shot by police. According to police data, there were 14 murders in that neighborhood so far this year, compared with nine last year.

or on Talk:Harlem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So these precincts in Harlem have a total population of roughly 327,000 people, with 2005 murders at 41, 2005 rapes at 144, and 2005 robberies at 1806. From these numbers, we may draw two conclusions. First, Santa Monica's violent crime rate ranks below the national average, but Harlem's violent crime rate ranks far above the national average. Second, if by "comparable" we mean to connote robust statistical similarity with just a reasonable degree of error, the city-by-neighborhood comparison is invalid. For 2005, Harlem has about 3.7 times the total people, but 10.25 times the murders, 6.86 times the rapes, and 7.5 times the robberies.

According to FBI data of 2005, San Bernardino's murder rate was 31.3 per pop. 100,000.[38] In comparison to Los Angeles' rate, 13.2 per pop. 100,000, its murder rate is relatively high.

go here too

City of San Bernardino 2005 Homicides are out of control ...AGAIN (broken link)

no matter where i look i dont see NY roughest areas

bring me some facts. hey im just saying ur more likely to be killed out here faster than any NY hood. and yall have way more people

Old 09-17-2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Donnie, I don't think you understand. Crime rates are innacurate, especially when judging large cities like New York. Where do the majority of rich Angelenos live? OUTSIDE Los Angeles. What's left? poor-middle class. Where do the majority of rich New Yorkers live? WITHIN the city. The rich lower the crime rate because so many are in the city. But do you honestly think the South Bronx isn't safe, or Bed-Stuy, or Far Rockaway, or Flatbush, or East Harlem, or Bushwick, or East New York, or Newark? Give me a freaking break.
hey im sure there all dangerous but they aint on the top 25 most dangerous cities list.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:23 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,087,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan View Post
hey im sure there all dangerous but they aint on the top 25 most dangerous cities list.
Newark, NY may not be...but Newark, NJ is

Old 09-17-2007, 07:30 PM

54 posts, read 468,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkue View Post
Great Lakes girl, you know that I'm telling the truth...Most of Detroit does look like that and don't even kid yourself because a lot of people come from the burbs to work in downtown which is relatively safe, but not in the neighbnorhooods, you and your co workers will get it bad if you come to where we are at because it aint like downtown.There more bad parts of Detroit than it is good...did you see the sky shots of Downtown Detroit during the super bowl, it was sourrounded by the ghetto in the distance.

Where do live?? never-mind I found out the hood.

Last edited by Great Lakes Girl; 09-17-2007 at 08:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.