Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2011, 02:09 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,970,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post
So youre trying to make me believe that somehow other cities are better for them? Why, because they segregate them together away from the whites?
I mean, how much better can it get for blacks to be able to live where everyone else does, instead of little enclaves like they do up north. This is just stupid. The only reason the north says its not racist is because it puts african americans into a corner and separates them from everyone else.
Why can't some people acknowledge that there is a unique sub-culture among blacks in america and that sub-culture is more prominent in some cities than others? It's really not that hard to understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 03:29 PM

1,037 posts, read 2,047,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Why can't some people acknowledge that there is a unique sub-culture among blacks in america and that sub-culture is more prominent in some cities than others? It's really not that hard to understand.
Totally agree! Some cities are more agreeable to african-americans than others!

Old 06-12-2011, 04:19 PM

336 posts, read 768,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
DC or Atlanta
DC does not have a low cost of living.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:33 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
So youre trying to make me believe that somehow other cities are better for them?
Yeah. What's the quality of life for blacks in places like the parishes I mentioned? Are there lots of professional opportunities? A flourishing middle and upper class? I don't think so, or there wouldn't be so many former black Louisianans all over America.

Quote:
Why, because they segregate them together away from the whites?
Like there's no segregation in Louisiana.

Quote:
I mean, how much better can it get for blacks to be able to live where everyone else does, instead of little enclaves like they do up north. This is just stupid. The only reason the north says its not racist is because it puts african americans into a corner and separates them from everyone else.
If that were actually true, you'd have a point. But we all know it's not. It wasn't black people who created Jim Crow, and for some reason, lots of whites in Louisiana seem to like it the way it was.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:08 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,917,571 times
Oh Yippee . The annual list that tells me where I should live. Funny considering that

1) The list almost never changes
2) I recall fellow blacks on this very website who have actively dissuaded me from going to these places, even though I have interest in only one of those places.
3) These cities are places where I would probably get the most discriminated for not being "black enough" anyway. I have personal proof of that being from living in one of those "black meccas" for years.

Last edited by Do a Barrel Roll; 06-12-2011 at 09:17 PM..

Old 06-12-2011, 09:19 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,212,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
Oh Yippee . The annual list that tells me where I should live. Funny considering that

1) The list almost never changes
2) I recall fellow blacks on this very website who have actively dissuaded me from going to these places, even though I have interest in only one of those places.
3) These cities are places where I would probably get the most discriminated for not being "black enough" anyway. I have personal proof of that being from living in one of those "black meccas" for years.
The list looks at cities where blacks are the most successful and happy. Seattle and San Francisco are not it.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:29 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,917,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
The list looks at cities where blacks are the most successful and happy. Seattle and San Francisco are not it.
I'll give you San Fran as a bad place for blacks, but don't overlook Seattle.

But in the case of the demands of many outweighing the demands of the few, this is an accurate list. Maybe not accurate for me, but accurate in general.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:52 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,847,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsing View Post
DC does not have a low cost of living.
True. I missed that part.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:31 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,326,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yeah. What's the quality of life for blacks in places like the parishes I mentioned? Are there lots of professional opportunities? A flourishing middle and upper class? I don't think so, or there wouldn't be so many former black Louisianans all over America.

Like there's no segregation in Louisiana.

If that were actually true, you'd have a point. But we all know it's not. It wasn't black people who created Jim Crow, and for some reason, lots of whites in Louisiana seem to like it the way it was.
quality of life here is what they make of it. Some of them are well off and some of them are poor. Pretty much like any other demographic.
The professional opportunities are there if they can do the job same as anywhere else. Its a question of want. The middle and upper class are doing just fine here. My city is 31% black and some others in that state have even higher percentage. Living with a mixed race population is a fact of life here.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:41 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
quality of life here is what they make of it. Some of them are well off and some of them are poor. Pretty much like any other demographic.
The professional opportunities are there if they can do the job same as anywhere else. Its a question of want. The middle and upper class are doing just fine here. My city is 31% black and some others in that state have even higher percentage. Living with a mixed race population is a fact of life here.
That's a fact of life on Earth. The favelas in Rio are very mixed race. Doesn't mean they're a great place for black people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.