Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 03:18 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,457,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
but for Vegas it is really a weekend junket - people go to Vegas for one reason only and its not to see or spend time in real veags; just the strip
But they do spend time and more importantly money there. Plus that airport has many non stop flights from many cities in the country and internationally. So I would agree that it is a exception as well. I mean I go to NYC but I never leave Manhattan. Same idea.

Old 06-08-2011, 03:21 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,334,779 times
Quote:
but for Vegas it is really a weekend junket - people go to Vegas for one reason only and its not to see or spend time in real veags; just the strip
That's true for a lot of people, but don't forget about the Hoover Dam. that usually attracts first time Vegas people too.

Old 06-08-2011, 03:26 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,910,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
That's true for a lot of people, but don't forget about the Hoover Dam. that usually attracts first time Vegas people too.

Yes but there is Disney and all kinds of tourist attractions all over the US - from the perspective of flyover country it really doesnt impact the perception of what it is. Today it is becoming less prominant anyway and used in gest

Honestly in the truest sense I dont think Vegas is not flyover country - it is really the coasts and more specifically NYC and LA and to lessor extent SF, or pretty much everything outside of that

Old 06-08-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Yes but there is Disney and all kinds of tourist attractions all over the US - from the perspective of flyover country it really doesnt impact the perception of what it is. Today it is becoming less prominant anyway and used in gest

Honestly in the truest sense I dont think Vegas is not flyover country - it is really the coasts and more specifically NYC and LA and to lessor extent SF, or pretty much everything outside of that
They are like economic islands.....

Old 06-08-2011, 03:32 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,468,315 times
California.

Old 06-08-2011, 03:59 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,515,889 times
none for me personally.

but overall, i'd go with:
IA, MO, KS, OK, NE, SD, ND, MT, ID, WY, and NM.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:18 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,468,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
none for me personally.

but overall, i'd go with:
IA, MO, KS, OK, NE, SD, ND, MT, ID, WY, and NM.
Wow, you'd be flying over a lot, including Yellowstone NP, Glacier NP, Mount Rushmore and the Black Hills; Deadwood; the Badlands; Kansas City; Oklahoma City; great college towns like Iowa City, Lincoln, Lawrence and Fargo; places like Santa Fe, Taos, Coeur d'Alene and Cheyenne; Carlsbad Caverns; Jackson Hole; the Tetons ...

I wonder if people on the coasts are OK with missing some absolutely amazing parts of the country in their rush to go non-stop from NY to LA?

Old 06-08-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
Wow, you'd be flying over a lot, including Yellowstone NP, Glacier NP, Mount Rushmore and the Black Hills, Deadwood, the Badlands, Kansas City, Oklahoma City, great college towns like Iowa City, Lincoln, Lawrence and Fargo, Santa Fe, Carlsbad Caverns, Jackson Hole, the Tetons ...

I wonder if people on the coasts are OK with missing some absolutely amazing parts of the country in their rush to go non-stop from NY to LA?
(yawn) I live in the rocky mountain region and I would avoid those places.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:21 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,515,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
Wow, you'd be flying over a lot, including Yellowstone NP, Glacier NP, Mount Rushmore and the Black Hills, Deadwood, the Badlands, Kansas City, Oklahoma City, great college towns like Iowa City, Lincoln, Lawrence and Fargo, Santa Fe, Taos, Carlsbad Caverns, Jackson Hole, the Tetons ...

sadly my list is pretty much what a lot of people think...

Old 06-08-2011, 05:16 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,732,677 times
Quote:
The strictest definition is everything but NYC and the coast of Cali
yeah. i'll go with this. obviously there are exceptions and i'd include other states in the NE, some in the SE, etc. but yeah..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.