Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2011, 06:53 AM

8,978 posts, read 17,284,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Michigan, mainly because of the climate. I'm one of those who live in 90 degrees 365 days of the year. Even Oregon is too cool and gloomy for me.
You do realize they have summer in Michigan, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 09:03 AM

717 posts, read 898,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe84323 View Post
I would never visit Mississippi. I'm sure I would get in an argument/fight with a local over their imposing religious views and closed mindedness.
Nowadays, I'm pretty sure that if an argument like that ever took place, it would be because you started it, and that would make you the closed-minded one now wouldn't it?

Old 06-28-2011, 10:29 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Whoa, dude you living in the 1950s or something lol
Well, that's the thing. We (black folks) all have relatives who did live in the 1950s, and they do remember the terroristic ambiance of said Southern states, and this is passed down to their children and grandchildren. It's not like lynchings and other atrocities are ancient history. So whether I think I'll get strung up or not isn't the thing; it's that there are human beings alive who vividly remember what has happened.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalie Brown View Post
I'm sayin.

In the South of 2011, the black man's biggest enemy is...the black man. I'd feel safer walking barefoot on a red dirt road at night through some Mississippi town filled with the KKK than I would driving through one of the ghettos in New Orleans, Atlanta, Houston, or Memphis.

Atleast if the klansmen get me, I'll be on CNN ....if I get killed in the hood, I'm just another N that got shot.
I wouldn't do either one. I stay away from black criminals and gangstas and white racists.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I wouldn't do either one. I stay away from black criminals and gangstas and white racists.
True, but my point is that today there is no real danger of being around white racists. They don't even bother trying to kill us anymore because they see we're doing to good a job of it on our own.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:01 AM

4,409 posts, read 6,540,027 times
Quote:
True, but my point is that today there is no real danger of being around white racists. They don't even bother trying to kill us anymore because they see we're doing to good a job of it on our own.
I don't think that's why exactly. I think it has more to do with that whole, "imprisonment for life" deal.

But I will agree that black on black murders seem to be growing ever more prevalent. It is an unfortunate user created virus with no real rhyme or reason.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
It is an unfortunate user created virus with no real rhyme or reason.
It's unfortunate that you think that. But that's a topic for another time.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:37 AM

6 posts, read 9,374 times
Default Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Alderby (grand theft auto)
Gotham
San Andreas (GTA)

Old 06-28-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
I don't think they scheme on that high a level, and I don't particularly care to find out if I'm wrong.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:46 AM

965 posts, read 1,885,620 times
Mississippi or Arkansas. Living in Texas was scary enough as it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.