Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 02:53 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,018,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
You called people from Utah and Texas creepy. I'm pretty sure people from those states are going to take that personal and be offended.
Not to mention it cracks me up when people say they don't like such and such a place because the people there must be narrow minded, well, because that's what they've always heard about those kinds of places. Nothing like being open minded about a place you've never visited, eh?
Really don't know Utah, but I don't think Texans are any creepier than Floridians. Florida sure gets alot of publicity about child murdurs. Enough that it creeps me out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 04:16 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,200,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
You called people from Utah and Texas creepy. I'm pretty sure people from those states are going to take that personal and be offended.
Not to mention it cracks me up when people say they don't like such and such a place because the people there must be narrow minded, well, because that's what they've always heard about those kinds of places. Nothing like being open minded about a place you've never visited, eh?

Ehhhhh Obviously Not People From The Big Cities In those States. You people on here look for any little thing when you are unhappy with a post huh? And I'd never even want to visit those states in certain parts, so I'm free to share my opinion. If I sat here and tried to prove it a fact, that be different but it's an opinion, take your panties off.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:15 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,250,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
I'm Afraid of the wide open country states. So every state for that matter.

I'm also afraid of places in New England due to the witchcraft non-sense, I still think it's the worst place in this country. I'm afraid of places like Iowa,Nebraska,Montana,Idaho, The Dakotas because again wide open plains, the neighbors and social centers too far apart.

States with the small towns where everything seems backwards and all the people are limited thinkers. (Florida Has A Lot OF Those)

I'm ESPECIALLY AFRAID OF UTAH and TEXAS, just those people are creepy. I'm afraid of Cali for earthquakes. Afraid of Alaska because it's just entirely too unique for me. Foreign coming from hot and humid and bustling people all year.

Only state I could bare would be Florida. Because even though it has the wide open country fields, it's just not that wide. you can be from coast to coast in 2 or 3 hours, as opposed in most states they are a lot wider than Florida. Just too much open field for me.
I saw this post and thought it was a real clever satire of so many of the posts in this thread. Then I saw you defending it You're actually serious? LMAO. I can only imagine how terrifying your own shadow must be

Old 07-31-2011, 06:14 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
Quote:
Ehhhhh Obviously Not People From The Big Cities In those States. You people on here look for any little thing when you are unhappy with a post huh? And I'd never even want to visit those states in certain parts, so I'm free to share my opinion. If I sat here and tried to prove it a fact, that be different but it's an opinion, take your panties off.
Oh, Obviously Not People From The Big Cities! How silly of me not to know you makes exceptions for them, because you think big city people are special.
I expressed my opinion of your opinion. You seem to have a problem with that.
This thread is a laugh, and you just gave me the biggest chuckle yet.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:44 PM

10,744 posts, read 23,798,187 times
Quote:
No, your obviously offended although no where was my post personal towards other people just personal from my own eyes.
If the thread stated "Are There States People Are Afraid OF" Dont Be Mad If Your State Is Mentioned. WHo Does That? I even mentioned my own state matter of fact so how can I be limited minded of thinking? I may be limited to where I;d be comfortable living but not my thinking, don't insult me because I don't live where you want/or do live.

My foreignness about Alaska strictly refers to weather if you didn't catch that. -___________-

Also I'm very aware of the Natural disasters in Florida. I'm more afraid of an earthquake than a hurricane, a land slide than a flood, etc. Is why I know certain states I'd more than likely have no sense of comfort living there. STOP TAKING THE POST SO DAMN PERSONAL!
It's not taking it personal so much as to point out the blatent hypocracy you convey on your post regarding limited thinking, when most of what you stated is just that, limited and unknowledgable and on the edge of paranoia. Hello pot, meet kettle. You even diss your own state so perhaps you could use a bit of education on what the states are really like and a good dose of enlightenment because clearly based on what you've stated you hardly know anything about anywhere. So it's not personal so much as I'm calling BS on you, and clearly I'm not alone here.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:42 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,175,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgsh View Post
as an atheist, and a liberal, I would NEVER live in Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, ,Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Texas of course lol.

because everyone would hate me.
I don't get it. I have christian friends and jewish friends and other atheist friends. I don't understand hating people because they don't share your same ideas about unanswerable questions, like so many people in the bible belt do (notice that I didn't say ALL people, I said A LOT)

I think you have a complex that people will hate you more so than it actually happening. Yes, people in AR might ask where/if you go to church (basically making small talk) most of them aren't going to hate you. You are gonna find ignorance no matter where you go. Its ignorant that people still think this.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:54 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,175,083 times
It baffles me that people mention being scared of southern states, based on things that happened years ago or stereotypes. God forbid if you actually visit these states and form a realistic opinion based on fact.

Old 07-31-2011, 11:31 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,552,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrenee View Post
It baffles me that people mention being scared of southern states, based on things that happened years ago or stereotypes. God forbid if you actually visit these states and form a realistic opinion based on fact.
It's not just southern states. It's basically any state that's not on the east or west coast.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:00 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgsh View Post
as an atheist, and a liberal, I would NEVER live in Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, ,Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Texas of course lol.

because everyone would hate me.
I don't get it. I have christian friends and jewish friends and other atheist friends. I don't understand hating people because they don't share your same ideas about unanswerable questions, like so many people in the bible belt do (notice that I didn't say ALL people, I said A LOT)
You're liberal but yet narrow-minded at the same time??? How does that work???

No one is going to hate you because one; we don't know who the hell you are and your just not that important enough for everyone to hate you. Your talking about a region with over 100 million people; do you seriously think you're going to stand out???

Old 08-02-2011, 03:21 PM

4,409 posts, read 6,536,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
You're liberal but yet narrow-minded at the same time??? How does that work???
That happens a LOT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.