Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2014, 07:55 PM

2 posts, read 1,652 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to relocate from Philly. I love Philly, but I think it's time for me to move on. I have a degree in marketing, and I'll obviously be using that to get a job, but I want to see if anyone can name some cities that would fit me.

Ideally, I would want:
-Safety, low crime. I don't want to be mugged once a year.
-Professional Sports Teams
-At least decent night life. I like highly populated downtowns, so that would be nice.
-Affordable rent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 08:02 PM

94,010 posts, read 124,842,769 times
Are you looking strictly within city limits or would you include certain/select suburbs too? With this said, Pittsburgh and Salt Lake City may work.

Old 09-14-2014, 08:35 PM

27,231 posts, read 44,179,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan20 View Post
I'm looking to relocate from Philly. I love Philly, but I think it's time for me to move on. I have a degree in marketing, and I'll obviously be using that to get a job, but I want to see if anyone can name some cities that would fit me.

Ideally, I would want:
-Safety, low crime. I don't want to be mugged once a year.
-Professional Sports Teams
-At least decent night life. I like highly populated downtowns, so that would be nice.
-Affordable rent
Denver would be a great choice. It's downtown neighborhoods are largely safe and active, and affordable. It's also one of a handful of cities with all four major league sports franchises, that are also very well supported.

Old 09-14-2014, 08:38 PM

8,613 posts, read 14,952,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Denver would be a great choice. It's downtown neighborhoods are largely safe and active, and affordable. It's also one of a handful of cities with all four major league sports franchises, that are also very well supported.
Agreed except for one big point...areas near downtown are far from affordable.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:55 AM

27,231 posts, read 44,179,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Agreed except for one big point...areas near downtown are far from affordable.
It depends upon one's definition of affordable. Coming from the East Coast (and other cities) the prospect of paying $1000 a month for a nice one bedroom apartment in/around the Downtown area will seem quite reasonable.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:29 AM

3,278 posts, read 5,410,733 times
Possibly the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area? There is an NHL team there.

Otherwise like others have said Denver and SLC are good too. Maybe Minneapolis-St.Paul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.