Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about "home"?
I never moved and don't want to. 2 4.35%
I never moved but want to. 9 19.57%
I moved and don't regret it. 27 58.70%
I moved and regret it. 8 17.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 01:09 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,216,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheWayToMemphis View Post
I can't believe that with so many ultra-uptight moderators around here, I consistently see posts like this all across the forums.
What I said is the truth, generally speaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 01:35 PM

93,255 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
San Diego is better than L.A. in livability. Greater L.A. is a horrible place to live for the typical white American. Ever-decreasing white percentages year-by-year all across the region, both in neighborhoods, schools, shopping areas, etc. Within twenty years whites in the region will be a tiny minority, with only a few majority white areas along the coastline, south Orange county, and perhaps some neighborhoods around Burbank and Pasadena.

Greater L.A. is filled with smut and degeneracy. Too many people are tanked out on drugs and alcohol, covered in tattoos, and running around only concerned about having sex with multiple partners. Furthermore, you're apt to see freaks with strange piercings, lip rings, ear-lobe plugs, and all other kinds of hideous stuff.

More humid weather in Charlotte is a much better bargain to get a more moral atmosphere, with a relatively healthy white population percentage in most area that provides a more stable future.
Why not move to states like Utah, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, the Dakotas, Kansas, Nebraska, the Upper Midwest or the far Northeast?

Old 07-22-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Why not move to states like Utah, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, the Dakotas, Kansas, Nebraska, the Upper Midwest or the far Northeast?
I'm in Georgia, with no intention of moving, but Kansas and Nebraska are fine places to live, and Idaho and Montana are nice too.

By the way, people can't keep running. Eventually there won't be anywhere to run to.

Old 07-22-2011, 01:41 PM

93,255 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
I'm in Georgia, with no intention of moving, but Kansas and Nebraska are fine places to live, and Idaho and Montana are nice too.

By the way, people can't keep running. Eventually there won't be anywhere to run to.
That last sentence is very true for everyone.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:08 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,262,232 times
I'd live back in San Diego as opposed to LA, just my opinion. For Charlotte the weather is just to hot for us here.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:45 PM

410 posts, read 832,959 times
Sometimes leaving is the best thing you can do for yourself. There are huge differences in places and if you are living somewhere that does not match your income or common interests, or has a climate you hate, you can be truly miserable.

I see change as a good thing if you do your homework.

Old 07-23-2011, 08:31 PM

159 posts, read 317,025 times
Somewhere I'd want to live now?
Heck no! I want to live in a bustling, vibrant city proper. Philadelphia is great for now, but after I get my bachelors I'd like to relocate to an even larger city like Chicago, New York, or maybe abroad.
I grew up in suburbia, soccer moms, mini-vans(though they all traded then for SUVs nowadays), centered around a charming little downtown area. I wouldn't call it small town, per say. It was definitely more quaint, so many opportunities for my brother and I as children in sports, the arts, and I even horseback rode and owned a horse for over a decade that was kept at a stable in a neighboring town. It was a lovely place to grow up, and remains that, I feel like if I had children and couldn't afford them equally appealing opportunities in a big city I would move to somewhere like it. I was very lucky..it was moving away that taught me that, though.

I am happy for the role it played in my life, the memories it provided, the things it taught me, and incredibly grateful - but I do not care to go back and live there again.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:00 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,566,000 times
I don't regret leaving the Kansas City area at all. I've lived in many other states and cities since then, and it always surprises me that such a large percentage of people never move from the area they grew up in. I guess we aren't such a transient country in terms of mobility like many think...

Old 07-26-2011, 03:31 PM

7 posts, read 9,248 times
Default Move to Charlotte a Mistake

Moved from Dallas, TX to Charlotte, NC. Hate it! We are in our early 40's with 2 children. There is no history or culture in Charlotte and everyone leaves every weekend - it's eerily dead on the weekends. I keep hearing that the good thing about Charlotte is that its 3 hours from the mountains and 3 hours from the beach. But, let me tell you - the city itself has nothing. We have no zoo, no aquarium, no landmarks, no notable accomplishments of the city - no identity whatsover. We are here because of a job transfer, so not much we can do about it I hope we can get back to Texas soon. It's sad that a city's greatest asset is that you have to leave it to have a good time.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndatx View Post
Moved from Dallas, TX to Charlotte, NC. Hate it! We are in our early 40's with 2 children. There is no history or culture in Charlotte and everyone leaves every weekend - it's eerily dead on the weekends. I keep hearing that the good thing about Charlotte is that its 3 hours from the mountains and 3 hours from the beach. But, let me tell you - the city itself has nothing. We have no zoo, no aquarium, no landmarks, no notable accomplishments of the city - no identity whatsover. We are here because of a job transfer, so not much we can do about it I hope we can get back to Texas soon. It's sad that a city's greatest asset is that you have to leave it to have a good time.
Charlotte is a fine town. Why don't you go to the NC Zoo in Asheboro? It's one of the best in the country. Take the family to Carowinds or Lake Norman. See a Knights or Panthers game. Go to the NASCAR hall of fame. Take a weekend trip to the mountains or the beach. Life is what you make it. Charlotte has a much favorable topography and vegetation to Dallas, in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.