Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's Your Sexual Orientation?
Heterosexual (Straight) 83 73.45%
LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered) 30 26.55%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 07:40 PM

314 posts, read 2,539,307 times

Advertisements

Romans 1:16-32

I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2007, 07:16 AM

654 posts, read 1,909,119 times
Another gay man here.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:15 PM

1,008 posts, read 4,025,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquajox View Post
Romans 1:16-32

I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
Do you realize that depraved people wrote the Bible during times of persecution? Do you recognize that they sold the Bible in a way that you sell Crest Toothpaste today? Do you realize more people have been killed over religion than anything else (particularly Christianity?) Have you met God? Had a cup of coffee with him? I suppose he gave man and woman a body with a "set of instructions" to follow and profess shame and restraint. My was god loving! So loving that if you don't follow his word you'll burn in Hell. Oh my....

Old 08-14-2007, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquajox View Post
Are some people born shoplifters? Are some people born adulterers? Are some people born liars? Are some people born gay?

Sin is sin. You can choose to embrace your sin, and turn away from God, or you can repent, and turn to Jesus, who paid the penalty for our sin if we would only let Him.
How do you "know" that Jesus wasn't gay? Maybe he and John shared the sheets There's certainly a lot of male to male intimacy in baptismal practices.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:47 PM

647 posts, read 2,082,768 times
I am male and I am very thankful and proud to be attracted to women. Imagine that in today's world....a straight male!

Old 08-14-2007, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatwave13 View Post
I am male and I am very thankful and proud to be attracted to women. Imagine that in today's world....a straight male!
I think that's terrific! That's America where you're supposed to be what you choose without backlash and hatred. I'm arguing on the Principle of it all. Who has the right to dictate how others should and shouldn't live?

Old 08-14-2007, 05:15 PM

647 posts, read 2,082,768 times
Yes, in America, you can choose how you live. I could bash and go into the whole Christianity realm of this (everyone already knows the Biblical perspective) but, really, what will that accomplish? We're all accountable to God in the end, so homosexuals don't have to answer to heatwave. I can't make anyone live a certain way or choose their sexual orientation.

I work with a homosexual who, frankly, I was kind of apprehensive to be around so much of the time at first; we had debates, is being gay right or wrong, christianity, etc........but, since she isn't accountable to me, doesn't have to answer to me, and is free to choose her own path, I decided to just be a friend to this person, to enjoy what this person brings to the table in terms of being a hard worker, a caring person, hobbies, traveling, and other interests. Likewise, she respects my devout christian views and doesn't bash me about it.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:12 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,006,467 times
I am straight and accepting of homosexuality. I, however, do not believe that gays have the right to chastise the religious right for what they believe. Gays want people to be tolerant of them, but yet they have a problem being tolerant with the principles that the religious right live by.

If the religious right wants to believe that homosexuality is not an inherent trait, or that homosexuality can only be acquired through some kind of sexual abuse or a conscious decision, let them believe that. As incorrect as their opinions are, it should not affect who you are and how you live your life. Their opinion is not going to change the truth that homosexuality is inherent and a trait in the animal kingdom. Unfortunately, I've noticed that many in this country object to what they don't understand, and that's definitely not going to change.

I suggest that everyone just go on living their lives and stop taking other people's opinions and views to heart.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatwave13 View Post
Yes, in America, you can choose how you live. I could bash and go into the whole Christianity realm of this (everyone already knows the Biblical perspective) but, really, what will that accomplish? We're all accountable to God in the end, so homosexuals don't have to answer to heatwave. I can't make anyone live a certain way or choose their sexual orientation.

I work with a homosexual who, frankly, I was kind of apprehensive to be around so much of the time at first; we had debates, is being gay right or wrong, christianity, etc........but, since she isn't accountable to me, doesn't have to answer to me, and is free to choose her own path, I decided to just be a friend to this person, to enjoy what this person brings to the table in terms of being a hard worker, a caring person, hobbies, traveling, and other interests. Likewise, she respects my devout christian views and doesn't bash me about it.
See... Now that's the right attitude to take! Live and let live. If there is a God and you believe in him than everyone will be accountable in the end. If everyone felt the same way in the U.S. these people would sleep better at night. That's all I'm saying.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
I am straight and accepting of homosexuality. I, however, do not believe that gays have the right to chastise the religious right for what they believe. Gays want people to be tolerant of them, but yet they have a problem being tolerant with the principles that the religious right live by.

If the religious right wants to believe that homosexuality is not an inherent trait, or that homosexuality can only be acquired through some kind of sexual abuse or a conscious decision, let them believe that. As incorrect as their opinions are, it should not affect who you are and how you live your life. Their opinion is not going to change the truth that homosexuality is inherent and a trait in the animal kingdom. Unfortunately, I've noticed that many in this country object to what they don't understand, and that's definitely not going to change.

I suggest that everyone just go on living their lives and stop taking other people's opinions and views to heart.

The whole point is noone is right. You believe you're right and the other person believes he's right. I say live and let live. There's no need to bash, hate, insult or kill people who don't subscribe to your sexual political correctness. We're all people and we will all die, in between try to enjoy the roller coaster
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.