U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best U.S. region climate overall?
New England & Upstate New York area 15 8.06%
Tri-state & D.C. area (rest of the Northeast) 13 6.99%
Midwest 16 8.60%
Southeast 7 3.76%
Florida 8 4.30%
Southwest 15 8.06%
Coastal & Southern California 80 43.01%
Pacific Northwest 17 9.14%
Hawaii 14 7.53%
Alaska 1 0.54%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 09:44 PM

95 posts, read 172,238 times

Advertisements

New England & Upstate New York area: Generally warm summers, with occasionally hot & humid weather. Cold to very cold & snowy winters.
Chilly to mild spring/fall. 4 distinct seasons with no "wet or dry" season.

Tri-state & D.C. area (Rest of Northeast): Very warm to hot & humid summers. Chilly to cold winters - with both rain and some snow, with occasionally snowstorms not lasting too long. Mild to somewhat warm spring/fall. 4 distinct seasons with no "wet or dry" season.

Southeast: Hot & Humid summers. Chilly to mild winters with rain more common than occasionally snow. Mild to warm spring/fall. Summers tends to be slightly wetter than winter. Not really 4 disctict seasons, especially towards the south.

Florida: Hot & Humid summers with short-lived T-storms very common on more than half of summer days. Mild to warm winters with much less rainfall and lower humidity; with occasionally few days with cold spells. Usually "wet" and "somewhat dry" season. Tropical weather in South Florida, while subtropical in central and north. Plenty of sunshine.

Midwest: Warm to occasionally hot & somewhat humid summers. Cold to very cold & snowy winters. Chilly to mild spring/fall. 4 distinct seasons.

Southwest: Hot to Very Hot & Mostly Dry summers. Chilly to mild winters with mostly rain as precipitation, except in higher elevation with snow common. Plenty of sunshine.

Coastal & S. California: Mediterreanean with mild to warm and occasionally hot & dry summers. Chilly to warm winters, with rainfall very common. Snow could fall in mountains during storms. Plenty of sunshine.

Pacific Northwest: Mild to warm & mostly dry summers. Chilly to mild & rainy winters with occasionally light snowfall. Chilly to mild spring/fall.

Alaska: Cool to mild, and occasionally warm summers. Chilly to very cold & snowy winters.

Hawaii: Tropical with warm to hot weather year-round with little temperature variation between summer and winter. Moderate rainfall year-round & plenty of sunshine.

****PS! Please notice that the description is not 100% correct and could be some slight different, but for most part it is well described****
There could be some thread previous about this topic, but is not well explained like I did with poll.

Last edited by Red.Apple; 07-28-2011 at 09:53 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 07:59 AM

95 posts, read 172,238 times
My favorite is NYC & D.C. Northeast region because I like all 4 seasons

Old 07-29-2011, 08:35 AM

1,954 posts, read 3,577,163 times
4 seasons, hot in summer, snow in winter; no tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes. Good amount of rain, not too much or too little. I picked "rest of the Northeast."

Old 07-29-2011, 08:43 AM

22,769 posts, read 28,589,899 times
none of the above.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:50 AM

767 posts, read 2,141,400 times
The South, the hotter, the better. One season, summer.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:54 AM

999 posts, read 1,663,379 times
I like the cold, but the comfort you are proived by SoCal on the coast all year long cannot be beat. L.A. and San Diego imo have the best climates. Never too hot never too cold, always pleasant.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:48 AM

1,704 posts, read 3,095,150 times
I love my Midwest seasons, but SoCal has the nicest weather yearround. I'd rather live in a place with seasons and visit a place like southern California or Hawaii. The seasons just help you appreciate all of it more.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:52 AM

12,823 posts, read 22,247,400 times
Coastal & S. California: Mediterreanean with mild to warm and occasionally hot & dry summers. Chilly to warm winters, with rainfall very common. Snow could fall in mountains during storms. Plenty of sunshine.

Technically, the specific best place is Redwood City - motto: "Climate Best By Government Test!*"

*Mean annual sum of heating and cooling degree days.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:53 AM

378 posts, read 657,273 times
Given those choices, I'll take the Midwest. But you didn't include the Mountain West, which is between the Midwest and Southwest. That would be my #1 choice.

Old 07-29-2011, 12:08 PM

11,515 posts, read 16,091,280 times
SoCal has the most ideal climate all year round, however it gets BORING because it's the same damn thing every single day. my uncle just moved up here to CT after living in CA his whole life and he said he won't miss the same weather every day: 70, sunny and dry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.