Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 10:33 AM

9,001 posts, read 10,134,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
Florida isn't that bad. There's a lot of beauty here actually, but I'm on my way out. Too hot for my taste!
Lol well...where are you heading that will be better, if I may ask.....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 10:35 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,315,285 times
I'm headed back home to CT. The weather is colder year round and a few snow storms won't kill me. Nothing worse than that atrocious heat though!

Old 11-06-2014, 10:37 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,190,666 times
Indiana and Illinois. Nothing but corn for miles.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:40 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,426,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine62819 View Post
Having lived in both Illinois and Florida, both states can be brutal to drive through. The massive North/South trek through Illinois is BRUTALLY boring. The most exciting things are the gigantic cross in Effingham and I think at one point you pass a large prison.

The FL turnpike is also unbelievably boring. It goes through the center of the state and there is nothing -- literally nothing -- to look at off the side of the road except grass. At one point you do go through Orlando, but after that...it's like Twilight Zone nothingness all the way to South Florida. I've driven it by myself many times and I seriously feel like a driver could go crazy in that isolation! I remember being surprised by how much distance there was between exits and how few places there were to stop.

Then, of course, you have the classics of brutality: Kansas and/or Nebraska. But, as someone else mentioned, eastern Colorado is also horrendous. As a kid we took a road trip to the Rocky Mountains from Chicago, and my brother and I were SO EXCITED to finally reach the Colorado state line. Sorry kids, the scenery doesn't start for a while, lol.
This is an amazing post.. I was thinking the same thing when this question came out. Kansas and Nebraska are boring.. i once drove from Boston to Denver and that last home stretch through Kansas was brutal. FL Turnpike is so boring.. I kid you not I almost fell asleep on that drive before. Awesome post.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:42 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,426,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Indiana and Illinois. Nothing but corn for miles.
Indiana is a great state for basketball.. my sister lived in Bloomington. That state is so boring to drive through. I once got lost in Indiana before the days of GPS and I asked a guy that you they do for fun here" He said play basketball and go to Klan meetings. I kid you not.. I was thinking do you realize that basketball is mostly played and dominated by black people now.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:42 AM

9,001 posts, read 10,134,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
I'm headed back home to CT. The weather is colder year round and a few snow storms won't kill me. Nothing worse than that atrocious heat though!
Lol well you're confirming that Florida is too damn hot...
I hate humidity, too

My best friend live in CT.
Good place to be-
Hope you get there soon

Old 11-07-2014, 05:56 AM

4,797 posts, read 5,991,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Indiana is a great state for basketball.. my sister lived in Bloomington. That state is so boring to drive through. I once got lost in Indiana before the days of GPS and I asked a guy that you they do for fun here" He said play basketball and go to Klan meetings. I kid you not.. I was thinking do you realize that basketball is mostly played and dominated by black people now.
Illinois is WAY more flat and boring that Indiana is. At least Indiana has the Uplands. What the hell does IL have? Also, the Northwest corner has a lot of roads that wind around forested areas near Lake Michigan.

Old 11-07-2014, 06:18 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,258,118 times
I think most states are pretty boring to drive across when you're on the interstate. Most states have at least some redeeming features; quaint small towns, beaches, mountains, etc., but when you're on the interstate you don't often see much of anything, particularly the quaint towns, so it's extremely boring.

One state that kills me to drive through, even though I personally like the state a lot, is Georgia from top to bottom on I-75. The only thing that breaks up the monotony is Atlanta, and that is often a nightmare to drive through because of the traffic. But this is what I mean. Georgia has a lot of lovely scenery, beaches, mountains, small towns full of character, but when you drive the whole state on the interstate it is BORING!

Old 11-07-2014, 06:24 AM

3,119 posts, read 6,566,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
I am questioning your ability to pick up on sarcasm. I guarantee that comment was someone's brand of off-the-wall humor that went over your head. A pretty darn good one-liner if you ask me. There is a zero percent chance that person was being serious.

Last edited by michigan83; 11-07-2014 at 06:37 AM..

Old 11-07-2014, 07:36 AM

4,671 posts, read 7,347,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
Illinois is WAY more flat and boring that Indiana is. At least Indiana has the Uplands. What the hell does IL have? Also, the Northwest corner has a lot of roads that wind around forested areas near Lake Michigan.
Illinois also has Lake Michigan (and a larger and more scenic chunk of it than Indiana except for the dunes), a section of the Driftless region (more scenic than anything in Indiana), the Illinois river valley, part of the Great River Road and the bluffs of the Mississippi, which makes the entire western border of the state, and the Shawnee national forest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.