U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 03:45 PM

576 posts, read 1,070,411 times

Advertisements

Mass: Many creepy places, and witches (though nothing wrong with wiches) 'Salem, Mass'

Connecticut: saw paranormal activities and old creepy colonial cemetery that spooks me and some other horror experience yes there witches here too like Mass... nothing bad about it I'm a witch too just strange for some people.

Utah: Seen a UFO, and exeperince demonic forces in one house and some strange people.

North Carolina: creepy small towns with strange residence living there

Louisiana: dont ask why but I'm going to mentioned it, VOODOO lol
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 03:50 PM

14,588 posts, read 21,174,725 times
Voodoo is for the tourists.

Old 08-14-2011, 04:34 PM

576 posts, read 1,070,411 times
^ tourist who could be into that stuff...

Old 08-14-2011, 04:51 PM

18,509 posts, read 29,398,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic_Avalon View Post

Utah: Seen a UFO, and exeperince demonic forces in one house and some strange people.
was he wearing a purple hat??? One of those things borrowed my Grandma's best church hat last year and still has not returned it

Old 08-14-2011, 05:05 PM

9,910 posts, read 19,750,579 times
Gotta go with Maine here. Many haunted old homes and lighthouses and home to Stephen King.

Here's a lighthouse where a lighthouse keeper tmurdered his wife with an axe as they were lonely and isolated on the island and she played the same song over and over again on her piano and the solitude drove them both to insanity... http://hauntedlights.com/haunted1.html

also Roswell, NM and the UFO conspiracies

Old 08-14-2011, 05:06 PM

7,442 posts, read 10,641,428 times
Default Creepy places

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Voodoo is for the tourists.
Indeed, I think Louisana's exploding vampire population is 100 times more creepy than voodoo. Besides, who does not some old fashioned voodoo now and then? This thread would be good at Halloween. Anyway, here is some creepiness for the OP.

Louisana (The Winner!) --- VAMPIRES, above ground cemeteries, below sea level cities. And I suppose voodoo and witchcraft for some.

Maine --- this state is big for creepiness, at least according to STEPHEN KING!

Massachusetts --- Salem, WITCHES, Boston Red Sox fans

New York --- Sleepy Hollow, Headless horsemen, Yankees, smelly subways, NYC constantly being attacked by GIANT MONSTERS

California --- Los Angeles and especially San Francisco constantly being attacked by SPACE ALIENS or more recently APES!

Old 08-14-2011, 06:27 PM

3,253 posts, read 4,360,754 times
Louisiana wins it for me. I've been there and I love the place and it's culture and people and even New Orleans, but good lord one night I was in Gonzales, Louisiana and the hotel we went to was flanked on one side by a big swamp. It was the middle of the night and I had to get towels, I wasn't wearing my glasses and you could just hear the hisses and croaks of all the critters out there, thought something was gonna jump out at me.

Maine, though I think Stephen King overdoes it, I mean the Maine in his books isn't even the same Maine in our universe!

New Jersey, Jason Voorhees and the cast of Jersey Shore lives there.

New York, sleepy hollow.

Massachusetts, Salem Witch Trials.

Old 08-14-2011, 06:37 PM

18,509 posts, read 29,398,946 times
really, anywhere can get to you if you are in a certain frame of mind. Even in huge cities

When the last Harry Potter Book came out I was in the British Isles, and sometimes when walking at night I half expected Bellatrix to jump out of some Dark Alley or slid from some shadow at Charing Cross Station or something.
Phew! I was glad when Molly put an end to her.

I do admit that states like Connecticut and Maine are a bit creepy tho

Old 08-14-2011, 06:39 PM

9,910 posts, read 19,750,579 times
Default Gettysburg

Gettysburg, PA reputed to be among the most haunted places in America.

I would imagine a lot of other civil war battlefield spots in the south probably are too.

Old 08-14-2011, 06:42 PM

14,588 posts, read 21,174,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
Louisiana wins it for me. I've been there and I love the place and it's culture and people and even New Orleans, but good lord one night I was in Gonzales, Louisiana and the hotel we went to was flanked on one side by a big swamp. It was the middle of the night and I had to get towels, I wasn't wearing my glasses and you could just hear the hisses and croaks of all the critters out there, thought something was gonna jump out at me.
I lived a few miles north of Gonzales. Recall where you were exactly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or