Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 06:56 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Yeah, Milwaukee is pretty rough at spots. With being so close to Chicago, I don't think Wisconsin should be listed.
I would say Wyoming. The least populated state, even less populated than city proper of DC. I know it doesn't mean that it's safer, but not having any large cities and having a smaller population means the public can be monitored easier. Cheyenne, is the capital, and largest city in the state and even then it's very sparsely populated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 07:43 PM

910 posts, read 1,084,100 times
Prolly Vermont or Maine..Rarely hear anything bout those states...They barely have any human activity, let alone gang activity.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:36 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,956,239 times
Is the KKK and biker gangs like Angels of Death considered a Gang?

I know its a stupid question but many people seem to think only blacks, latinos, and "wiggers" are down in gangs.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:19 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,771,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Moving from New Jersey, to New Mexico, a state with 1/4th the population, there seems to be more of presence when it comes to street gangs. In New Jersey, you have to go into inner cities to find them, in New Mexico, it seems as if there are chapters in all areas, be it urban or rural. We live in a pretty nice neighborhood, yet, 2 months after we moved here, a wall in our development was 'tagged'. That never would have happened in suburban NJ, for instance. A state with a almost equal population to New Mexico, West Virginia, seems not to have many gangs, in contrast to New Mexico, anyway. It set my mind to wondering: which state has the lowest gang activity per population? Crime is often a determining factor when it comes to relocating to a place, especially if there are children involved. I'd love to be able to research it more, but in the meantime, thought I'd throw it out to the forum here to read feedback.
I would say the three Northeast states, the Dakotas and the three states that share Yellow Stone National Park.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:02 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
one with the most law enforcement, police, police state. btw bagdad does not have a gangbang problem. they've got a system all their own.

Old 06-06-2010, 08:17 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -.- View Post
Is the KKK and biker gangs like Angels of Death considered a Gang?

I know its a stupid question but many people seem to think only blacks, latinos, and "wiggers" are down in gangs.
Yes , they are gangs in the eyes of the FBI and cops , but i don't think most ppl think that way. They tend to think inner cities are the place were gangs are......there are Suburban and rural gangs to. They usually work with the Urban Gangs. I got blasted for saying Suburban Jersey has gangs , normally you wouldn't noticed them , but my Newark cop friend showed me a few. There like normal everyday middle class teens with a second life.

Old 12-04-2010, 02:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,793 times
One pattern I see for blacks is to quit going to school when they are 14 to 15 ( I know it is supposed to be 16) Then go out and get tattoos.At least 5 or 6. They can't even read enough to fill out an application and you think I should give them a JOB.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:08 AM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,393,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpy View Post
One pattern I see for blacks is to quit going to school when they are 14 to 15 ( I know it is supposed to be 16) Then go out and get tattoos.At least 5 or 6. They can't even read enough to fill out an application and you think I should give them a JOB.
smh

Old 12-06-2010, 05:16 AM

76 posts, read 242,520 times
New Hampshire has ghetto spots. Not sure if there are gangs, though.

Have heard that Idaho will get a lot of illegal immigrants, growth, changing politics, and other California ideals in years to come. This is one state to watch for gangs; there are plenty of wannabe's already, apparently.

WY, MT, ND, SD, NE, VT, and ME are the least ganged.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:08 AM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8move8away8 View Post
New Hampshire has ghetto spots. Not sure if there are gangs, though.

Have heard that Idaho will get a lot of illegal immigrants, growth, changing politics, and other California ideals in years to come. This is one state to watch for gangs; there are plenty of wannabe's already, apparently.

WY, MT, ND, SD, NE, VT, and ME are the least ganged.
I've heard Omaha NE has heavy gang presense....but the others, are good bets with low activity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.