Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you like the most about the U.S. in general?
Diverse in Climate/Scenary/Landscape 74 72.55%
Demographic diversity 37 36.27%
Freedom 58 56.86%
Everything LARGE (Houses, cars, food portion etc.) 26 25.49%
Economy 22 21.57%
U.S. measurment system 14 13.73%
People (Americans) 31 30.39%
Being the most powerful & famous country 35 34.31%
Road system (Roads, road signs etc.) 30 29.41%
Low/no taxes 18 17.65%
Big cities (NYC, LA, Chicago, Miami, D.C etc.) 49 48.04%
Suburban life 33 32.35%
Quality of life 45 44.12%
Healthcare 18 17.65%
Shopping availablity (Malls, chain stores etc.) 34 33.33%
Food (Cuisine) 47 46.08%
Universities/Education 36 35.29%
Politics/Constitution/Capitalism 26 25.49%
Career/Jobs 30 29.41%
American sports (Football, Baseball) 33 32.35%
Enterteiment/Things to see and do 40 39.22%
Predominately the Christian culture 18 17.65%
English language (Universal tourism language) 34 33.33%
Others (?) 15 14.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 09:02 AM

11 posts, read 74,443 times

Advertisements

The United States is the third largest country in the world (both by size and population). The U.S. has the world's largest economy and the only superpower in the world (yes, even with the crises).

I don't think there's isn't one single person on this Earth who never heard about the U.S., or don't know something about it.

What do you like about the U.S. the most? Vote & Discuss!

Last edited by Hazme; 11-30-2011 at 09:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 10:06 AM

174 posts, read 470,822 times
Having spent a major portion of this past summer in Europe, I'd say the most welcoming thing upon returning to the U.S. was the English language itself (mainly with signs). But some of the other great things about the U.S. are the diversity (in virtually everything) from coast to coast (and Alaska, and Hawaii too), as well as the job availability, the Quality of life, and of course... the Food.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:16 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,516,494 times
Diversity in climate, landscape, and people.
Sports. (Although the lack of soccer fans is disappointing).
The cities are pretty great.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:40 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,203,375 times
All of that adds to one thing. The freedom of choice. You have that here to an unlimited amount.

I love the suburbian life, beach life, large homes, to stylish urban lofts, fancy cars, to a small electric car, not being forced to use public transit, or simply living car free, all of that adds up to choice. For 18|19 years in our lives we dont have a choice in educational responsibilities provided by the government, after that your free to raise the quality of life to any level you want. Thats what's best about this country as far as being a citizen. Also I'm not a fan of immigrants and illegal aliens, but I love how this country gives them an opportunity to become legal citizens. Opportunity is always knocking here.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:42 AM

668 posts, read 2,187,122 times
I like the freedom of Religion... The diversity of different kinds of Religion, with out having to worry that someone will break down your door, and shoot you on site, because your 'this or that' Religion.

In Germany, you have 'Red Light' districts, where Prostitutes 'flaunt' thier wares LOL.. Sex Clubs in Holland and other Dens of Depravity and Despoils... Just glad that the UNITED STATES was founded on Judeao-Christian values, but, in more recent years, with this Secular Society they are pushing, Im afraid that someday we may see this coming about, and the degredation of our own Culture go down the tubes.

Ive been to a lot of Countries and talked to thier people and seen thier ways of living, and I would gladly Stay in the good ol USA, cause there is no place like HOME!

I wish you well...

Jesse

Old 11-30-2011, 10:47 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,665,617 times
I like that the U.S. is still the leading nation in the world in very many important respects and that most other nations take after us. I like that our largest cities have some of the highest GDPs of any in the world.

I like the fact that the U.S. is the first and still the only nation to land humans on the moon (it's about time for others to catch up). I like that the U.S. is likely to be the first nation to land humans on Mars and be an inspiration for the world all over again.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:47 AM

771 posts, read 1,395,905 times
I like the diversity of the landscape. Very little countries have the amount of natural diversity that we do. We got deserts, mountains, swamps, plains, hills, tropical rainforests, arctic tundras/mountains, I could go on.

Cities is my second. We have so many different cities for every taste and they all hold such different climates. Want to live in a desert? There is a city for that. In the rainforest? A city for that. In the mountains? A city for that? I could go on.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:27 AM

443 posts, read 600,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodworkingmenace View Post
I like the freedom of Religion... The diversity of different kinds of Religion, with out having to worry that someone will break down your door, and shoot you on site, because your 'this or that' Religion.

In Germany, you have 'Red Light' districts, where Prostitutes 'flaunt' thier wares LOL.. Sex Clubs in Holland and other Dens of Depravity and Despoils... Just glad that the UNITED STATES was founded on Judeao-Christian values, but, in more recent years, with this Secular Society they are pushing, Im afraid that someday we may see this coming about, and the degredation of our own Culture go down the tubes.

Ive been to a lot of Countries and talked to thier people and seen thier ways of living, and I would gladly Stay in the good ol USA, cause there is no place like HOME!

I wish you well...

Jesse
So, wait....................You forcing what you find immoral such as prostitution and sex clubs because of you holy religion isn't freedom then. You understand that right? You are taking freedom away from others because of your view on morality involving religion. The countries you describe in my opinion are much more free than here in the good ole' US of A where we force Christian rules onto others.

I am happy you have the freedom to believe in all the silly stupid non-logical stories that mankind has come up with. More power to you. But keep them out of the laws of society. Thanks. If somebody wants to go have a orgy and live in as sexually free as they can and **** of Jesus then they should also have the freedom too regardless of if you find it right or not.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:30 AM

443 posts, read 600,668 times
anyways, I like the Fat stupid slow dim-witted gluttonous greedy people living in sprawly over sized houses in the suburbs while leaving cities to poor neglected third world conditions, and using a personal automobile to tug their overweight slobby selves across the land burning oil extracted from a war torn land. Long live Corporations! Down with the people!

My opinion

Old 11-30-2011, 11:39 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKrab View Post
anyways, I like the Fat stupid slow dim-witted gluttonous greedy people living in sprawly over sized houses in the suburbs while leaving cities to poor neglected third world conditions, and using a personal automobile to tug their overweight slobby selves across the land burning oil extracted from a war torn land. Long live Corporations! Down with the people!

My opinion
Hey! wait a minute...I'm not stupid...am I? <fart>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.