Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2024, 10:48 PM

3,702 posts, read 4,851,427 times

Advertisements

The only cowboys I've ever seen speak Spanish! LOL! But then again, as far as the US I have only lived on the east coast. MD, NC and SE FL. But the cowboy culture is alive and well in Costa Rica and Colombia, where I've spent a lot of time. There's even a restaurant in Medellin, Col that has two shows a day where they come inside and ride the horses on the floor where they move to the beat. Pretty awesome and I'm sure that would never fly here!

Oh, there are the Saltwater Cowboys over here on VA's eastern shore who round up the Chincoteque pony's!

As far as that accent

A) Hollywood has to screw everything up with their perception. Every actor seems to need to make some accent up.
B) It seems that to many people, if there is any kind of twang or drawl.....it is automatically southern.

Many from PA have a twang....definitely not southern.
There is a western drawl that I've heard from those I've met who live out west....but not far enough out west to pick up that surfer dude lingo.

I spent a summer in NJ and Staten Island, NY and they swore I was related to Robert E. Lee because of my accent. Then again, he only lived across the river from where I grew up.....but over 100 years earlier!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.