Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 01:21 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,734,213 times

Advertisements

at the very least, i think more than a few kids will regret the amount of tattoos (and in particular face tattoos) that they got because they were influenced by wayne.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 01:43 PM

303 posts, read 603,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
at the very least, i think more than a few kids will regret the amount of tattoos (and in particular face tattoos) that they got because they were influenced by wayne.
not if its a friendly one like Gucci manes

http://theurbandaily.com/files/2011/01/gucciandgirl-e1295555058234.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-07-2011, 01:47 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,312,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideWunda View Post
not if its a friendly one like Gucci manes
or a star...

http://www.tattoodonkey.com/pics/b/i/birdman-baby-got-a-tattoo-on-his-head-rap-flavor-a-o-tattoodonkey.com.jpg (broken link)

Birdman Baby Got A Tattoo On His Head Rap Flavor

*sigh*

mas23

Old 09-07-2011, 02:08 PM

1,361 posts, read 3,714,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
His head looks like a giant dragonball from Dragonball Z:

Old 09-07-2011, 02:27 PM

1,361 posts, read 3,714,484 times
Maybe Bloods and Crips will soon go the way of Myspace and become "played out" outside of SoCal. Bloods were once highly respected by goons in every city in America because it was common knowledge that one had to put in serious work to become a Blood. Not anybody could be a Blood in the 90's. After all, in L.A., Bloods have always been a minority compared to Crips and it was known that someone had to have balls to be a Blood out there. Today, the mainstream gangsta rap industry has become incongruous with the streets. What we have today is life imitating art instead of art imitating life like we had in the 80's and 90's. Snoop's backstory as a Crip in 94' was very believable. This is what made him such a wildly successful and popular rapper. Dudes like Gucci, Wayne and Jeezy definitely grew up listening to Snoop because everybody from New York to Texas who was over ten years old listened to him back then. I guess that 20 year old gangsta rap standard from 92' still stands today even though these new breed of Blood/Crip rappers from everywhere but L.A. are geographically confused. This is the reason why being a Blood or Crip has been cheapened by these TV/viral internet fake gang banging music video antics. Anybody can be a "Blood" now, even Justin Bieber and Jonah Hill. All it takes to be a Blood today is a Cincinnati Reds fitted and a red bandanna.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:13 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,196,626 times
Back when I was in high school over three years ago, there were only 2-3 people claiming Blood. One was from Houston and the other was from New Jersey. You really won't find anyone born and bred in Chicago metro repping Blood nor Crip. About 99% of the gangs here are home-grown. According to chicagogangs.org, there is a Sur-13(California based) presence in a few of the suburbs. I seen a MS-13 tag on the restroom wall at some Mexican restuarant, probably was by a wannabe.

As for this Blood and crip phenemenom happening in cities that were never Blood/Crip cities, maybe rap influenced it. And speaking of Lil Wayne, I have my doubts about him being Blood. Who in the hell blessed him in, because he came out when New Orleans was a crew/non gang city and still is most likely? Wacka Flocka on the other hand is more likely legit. T. Rogers(founder of the BPS bloods) featured in his video '' Hard in da Paint''. Its at the very end.

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 09-07-2011 at 10:31 PM..

Old 09-07-2011, 10:27 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,196,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Back when I was in high school over three years ago, there were only 2-3 people claiming Blood. One was from Houston and the other was from New Jersey. You really won't find anyone born and bred in Chicago metro repping Blood nor Crip. About 99% of the gangs here are home-grown. According the chicagogangs.org, there is a Sur-13(California based) presence in a few of the suburbs. I seen a MS-13 tag on the restroom wall at some Mexican restuarant, probably was by a wannabe.

As for this Blood and crip phenemenom happening in cities that were never Blood/Crip cities, maybe rap influenced it. And speaking of Lil Wayne, I have my doubts about him being Blood. Who in the hell blessed him in, because he came out when New Orleans was a crew/non gang city and still is? Wacka Flocka on the other hand is probably a blood. T. Rogers(founder of the BPS bloods) featured in his video '' Hard in da Paint''. Its at the very end.

Waka Flocka "Hard in Da Paint" (Official Video) - YouTube

Old 09-07-2011, 10:31 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,943,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild08 View Post
Maybe Bloods and Crips will soon go the way of Myspace and become "played out" outside of SoCal. Bloods were once highly respected by goons in every city in America because it was common knowledge that one had to put in serious work to become a Blood. Not anybody could be a Blood in the 90's. After all, in L.A., Bloods have always been a minority compared to Crips and it was known that someone had to have balls to be a Blood out there. Today, the mainstream gangsta rap industry has become incongruous with the streets. What we have today is life imitating art instead of art imitating life like we had in the 80's and 90's. Snoop's backstory as a Crip in 94' was very believable. This is what made him such a wildly successful and popular rapper. Dudes like Gucci, Wayne and Jeezy definitely grew up listening to Snoop because everybody from New York to Texas who was over ten years old listened to him back then. I guess that 20 year old gangsta rap standard from 92' still stands today even though these new breed of Blood/Crip rappers from everywhere but L.A. are geographically confused. This is the reason why being a Blood or Crip has been cheapened by these TV/viral internet fake gang banging music video antics. Anybody can be a "Blood" now, even Justin Bieber and Jonah Hill. All it takes to be a Blood today is a Cincinnati Reds fitted and a red bandanna.
I remember there were soooo many "bloods" and "crips" when I was in high-school from 04-08. Most of them were from NYC. NYC pretty much mixed up gang ideology from Chicago with LA-based gangs. That whole 5-star, 6-star thing comes from People Nation and Folk Nation alliance of gangs in Chicago. Angelenos and Chicagoans both SMH

Old 09-08-2011, 08:16 AM
vop

62 posts, read 104,228 times
The funny thing about this subject is that the gang culture out here in L.A. has been dying down for a while now, I guess in other cities this whole blood vs crip thing is exciting to the youngsters combined with todays hip hop, the gangs out here are not nearly as prominent as they once were I believe the worst gang violence era in L.A. has come and left and no will never reach the amount of violence of the 80's and early 90's which is a good thing. I believe that the new generation of bloods and crips will most likely be more prominent on the east coast looking forward, with the mexican gangs controlling most of the L.A. drug trade and turf you might even see some of these blood and crip members out here relocating to the east coast and the south.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:03 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,308,869 times
In Baton Rouge, one of the most dangerous cities for murder, there are no gangs. Just blocks and hoods. When I came to Houston, that was one of my first true encounters with crips. I know people claiming 59 Deuce Hoover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.