Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 01:28 AM
vop

62 posts, read 104,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
Well yeah but thats the only difference IMO. Yeah Gangs have certain creeds, codes of conduct, by laws and literature that they must follow. And of course there is a chain of command but essentially what's going on one city is probably not that much different from the next. I mean nowadays it doesnt matter what "Orginization" you are a part of because they all come at each other. One set of GD's will fighting with another groups of GD's and ect.....that is untill they hit up county or any state prison. I heard in L.A. Crips also fight other Crips. Not much difference from these block crews in other cities.

Also what I was trying to say was that Crips, Bloods, Latin Kings, Vice Lords GD's ect are made up of smaller sets/clicks/decks that are based out of certain neighborhoods. Why do you think they have "rollin 60's" crips "piru" and others.

And as far as I know the hat thing still applies in the Chicagoland area btw.
I can only speak for LA, but out here crips vs crips is all over the city, crips greatly out number the bloods so crip vs crip had to apply. You see the gangster mentality is "who the baddest mutha----a", so if homies in one cliq always putting in work because they neighbor some bloods while the other cliq never be messing with anyone cause there aren't any rivals around guess what? the other cliqs start looking at you soft, if you aint putting in no work then your hood's ranking starts to drop off, so yall know these ignorant fools start beefing with their own sets even if the other gang bang blue just like you, and this happened decades ago, the crip on crip has gone on for decades now, now blood on blood don't really happen cause they have enough crips around them to keep them busy and keep their sets afloat. Hispanic gangs is different in the way that there are so many sets its not even funny, if people think that just because all the hispanic gangs represent the 13 that they get along know nothing about gangs out here, hispanic gangs have been at each others throats since the 40's, longer than the crip and blood rivalry, the only time the 13 come in to play is in prison when you got click up with your own people, also the whole black vs brown is only among gangs, and even then only a few sets participate in that, the main one being eastcoast crips vs florencia 13, most hispanic gangs don't even want to beef with the black gangs cause theres really no history there of any bad blood, I had friends from gangs who would rather put in dirt on other hispanic gangs cause they've been fueding with them forever and rather kill them, but if given orders to go to war with the black gangs you gotta do your part or you'll get yours when you go to prison, its as simple as that. Of course all this beefin wether it be crip on crip, black vs brown comes down to money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 07:00 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Crips were a big thing in Detroit in the early 90s but I never stuck around to find out if it was a fad or a long-term presence. I'm from Oakland and in West Oakland around the Lower Bottoms area some of the dudes in the neighborhood would affiliate with the Crip side but it was never organized like down south.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:08 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
Do you get any sense of a gang culture in DC just 30 miles away?
DC has the Democrat and the Republicans. It's hard to tell which is worse, but they are dangerous because they come from all over the country, feed on one another's evil, and then spread their dastardly deeds back into the places from whence they came!

Old 09-17-2011, 03:24 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,199,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
DC has the Democrat and the Republicans. It's hard to tell which is worse, but they are dangerous because they come from all over the country, feed on one another's evil, and then spread their dastardly deeds back into the places from whence they came!
Funny that the same colors used by Crips and Bloods are also used in the media to indicate which states and counties are either Democrat and Republican territory. Blue state= Democrat; Red State= Republican

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 09-17-2011 at 03:32 PM..

Old 09-17-2011, 05:20 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,199,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
Well yeah but thats the only difference IMO. Yeah Gangs have certain creeds, codes of conduct, by laws and literature that they must follow. And of course there is a chain of command but essentially what's going on one city is probably not that much different from the next. I mean nowadays it doesnt matter what "Orginization" you are a part of because they all come at each other. One set of GD's will fighting with another groups of GD's and ect.....that is untill they hit up county or any state prison. I heard in L.A. Crips also fight other Crips. Not much difference from these block crews in other cities.

Also what I was trying to say was that Crips, Bloods, Latin Kings, Vice Lords GD's ect are made up of smaller sets/clicks/decks that are based out of certain neighborhoods. Why do you think they have "rollin 60's" crips "piru" and others.

And as far as I know the hat thing still applies in the Chicagoland area btw.
That is what happens when the gang or alliance gets too large.

I used to have the impression that Crips and Bloods were mere street gangs. As I learn more about them, they are rather two gang alliances with some similarity to People and Folks in Chicago. Hearing Crips fighting other Crips is not that shocking now considering that being Crip in itself is not a single street gang. I heard Bloods(regardless of set/gang) are a little more tight knit out in SoCal, seeing they are smaller. But I can imagine BPS Bloods not getting alone with some other Blood gangs seeing that they stand out a bit from the rest since they bare the name of a Midwest gang.

As for Chicago and the metro, yeah you have People vs. People, Folks vs. Folks and even individuals within the same street gang falling out with one another. Also depending on the neighborhood and suburb, there is friendly intermingling between two different gangs from opposite alliances, mostly with black gangs from what I see. Going to high school in south suburban Harvey, I seen plenty of GDs hanging out and shaking up with Black Stones, though they had their individual disputes from time to time, same with BDs. The greatest tension were between GDs and Latin Kings(mostly Mexican). Not once have I ever seen these two shake up with one another, probably forbidden in their literature. Latin Kings seem like straight up bangers and probably the most territorial gang out here, as they don't care much about alliances(other than tilting their bibs to the left) since its very rare to see a 5 pointed star in their taggings, despite them being People and cousins to Black Stones.

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 09-17-2011 at 05:30 PM..

Old 09-18-2011, 07:18 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,327,375 times
There are no gangs here.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:44 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,127,435 times
Duluth has historically had Gangster Disciples and Vicelords (two competing Chicago gangs, analogous but in no way affiliated with the Crips and Bloods respectively). Honestly, gang activity seemed to peak in the late 1990s, and I haven't heard too much about them as of late, but I'm sure they're still around. We also have Native American gangs (a major problem on reservations throughout MN): one is the Native Mob.

Minneapolis and St. Paul have all the usual Mexican / Chicano and Black street gangs, as well as Asian, native, and white gangs. Reservations tend to have gangs, as do Rochester and other smaller cities throughout Minnesota. Heck, in 1998 there was a gang-related killing (I believe GDs - white - were one party) up in Grand Rapids, Minnesota.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:29 AM

123 posts, read 219,401 times
Good lord I didn't bother reading half of that.
East coast bloods and crips are not the same gang as the west coast ones. The east coast versions originate from rikers island, than they spread to the tri-state and now the rest of the east coast. The real ones can trace there roots to the tr state area. That's where there
OGs are from.

There not really as big a problem down south as the homegrown and folk gangs in most places.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:27 AM

3 posts, read 15,886 times
Does anybody know if the Little Rock thing true? Because i think i've heard that before too.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:55 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,951,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhaydenmc View Post
Does anybody know if the Little Rock thing true? Because i think i've heard that before too.
What Little Rock thing? Clarify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.