Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 03:59 PM

234 posts, read 1,155,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by st. louie louie View Post
I'm coming in on this discussion late but apparently donjuan you live in a **** hole nieghborhood. Do everything you can to get an education and get out. And immediately get away from those loser friends that rob and steal. They're headed nowhere but down.
It's not cool to live in a broken down house with nothing nice around you, always have to worry about being robbed or worse and talk nothing but **** with loser friends.

Most people on this thread do not live in areas as bad as yours and I think the discussion of which cites are the most dangerous are stupid. Crime can happen anywhere and when you least expect it. The fact that the USA has these areas and ghetto society seems to promote this behavior is a sad fact. I wish it would change. But it won't until people with power and money are affected negatively by the slums.

yeah im trying and im almost in the nursing program. once im done im moving out this Bi*ch. growing up in the hood is tough and very depressing but if ur broke its even more tough and i cant go out like that. the hell with that. this is how the hood is while living in it some guy would be working at a warehouse making like $14 a hour driving a car with rims that we may think is nice, and we would say he is balling and be like d@mn we want a job that pays that much too. but going to my aunts house bcuz she is a nurse and seeing how much she makes at $46 a hour u would be like and she would be bringing home sometimes $5000 every 2 weeks. so many folks living in the hood is like blinded and there goals are so low unless they are taken away and shown a positive enviroment with folks who made it out, which would make them want to make it out also
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 09:40 AM

572 posts, read 1,988,529 times
Thank you. You told me what I wanted to hear. Work hard now. What you do now will affect you for the rest of your life. And if you don't do it now, you will not have the energy, will or perserverance to do it when you're 40 years old. I'm not messin' with you but, concentrate on writing and spelling correctly. It will only help you. When in Rome...

You also bring up a point that I always try to address. Not everyone in the ghetto is a loser. There are good people there. They care about their surroundings and family.

Old 09-22-2007, 01:56 PM

98 posts, read 479,740 times
ayoungrich81, i know what you're talking about. I'm from Detroit (6mile&Gratiot) and it's really bad where we from. I've just been back after living in Minneapolis for 8years but i came back to my friend's funeral and I almost could't believe my eyes when i saw my old neighborhood....man, it wasn'y anything there but burnt out houses and vancant lots...In minnesota, they had their own problems, but nothing like Detroit's... and yeah, you're right...there aren't that many nice places in detroit and thoses who survive in the D are indeed blessed to see another day.

Old 09-22-2007, 02:47 PM

234 posts, read 1,155,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by st. louie louie View Post
Thank you. You told me what I wanted to hear. Work hard now. What you do now will affect you for the rest of your life. And if you don't do it now, you will not have the energy, will or perserverance to do it when you're 40 years old. I'm not messin' with you but, concentrate on writing and spelling correctly. It will only help you. When in Rome...

You also bring up a point that I always try to address. Not everyone in the ghetto is a loser. There are good people there. They care about their surroundings and family.

lol i know that. the reason i may not be making sense when i type is bcuz im typing fast and can careless about my mistakes. plus me and english classes dont get along and im finally taking my first college english class which i held off for years bcuz i cant stand english. ALL these years of watching tv and surfing the net, playing games have spoiled me so i get bored very easily with english books. Growing up we had real problems on our minds and english classes was not one of them but as i got older i relized i should of tried to focus more but it was hard in the type of enviroment i was brought up in

Old 09-22-2007, 02:48 PM

15 posts, read 55,597 times
I hear Memphis is pretty bad.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,953 times
Default Is Denver Safe?

I am new to Denver and I was wondering if people really considered this a safe city. I've lived in Boston for most of my life with some time in London and I have to say that I feel much less safe in Denver. I think my preception may be due to the high homeless population, which I hate to consider. Esp since I believe Boston has a higher homeless population, it's just more concentrated in the center of the city. Does anyone else share these feelings? Are they unfounded?

Thanks!

S

Old 02-28-2008, 12:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,876 times
Default what are some other really popular gangs

what are some really popular white gangs besides aryan brotherhood and hells angels. just wondering

Old 07-13-2009, 02:53 PM

4 posts, read 8,070 times
chicago,ill
East st.louis,ill
detroit,mi
flint,mi
New Orleans,La
st.louis,mo

Old 07-14-2009, 12:15 AM

11 posts, read 9,433 times
I would say Detroit, Gary, L.A., Flint and St Louis. I don't know if this is considered a dangerous city but parts of Stockton CA... the things you see there... yikes. However, I think Stockton might be edged out just slightly by Camden or Newark, NJ. These are some of the worst cities I could think of.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:22 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,460,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman1791 View Post
what are some really popular white gangs besides aryan brotherhood and hells angels. just wondering
Looking up at Wikipedia

Armenian Power - LA gang, Armenians are definitely Caucasian.
Public Enemy No. 1 - Another white-power gang.
Popes - Chicago gang.

There's also several biker gangs besides the Hell's Angels.

If you include organized crime there's the Russian mafia, Italian mafia, and whatever remains of the Irish mob. The Irish-American "Winter Hill Gang" of Boston was apparently active into the 1990s and around 50 of them might be uncaptured.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.