U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 03:34 PM

699 posts, read 2,117,723 times

Advertisements

Share a creepy,scary, or just plain wierd story or a place in your area.

In Clifton, Virginia, about 25 miles from D.C. there is an urban legend about a tunnel under a train track that people call "Bunnyman's Bridge".

Supposedly, a mentally insane criminal who killed his wife and children on Easter escaped from a armored transport after it crashed on the road near the bridge on the way to an asylum.

After that, people started seeing half eaten rabbit carcasses hanging from trees and the bridge itself. Then soon after, people started disappearing in the surronding areas. Their bodies would be found later cut up by an axe and half-eaten and hung up on the bridge just like the rabbits. Supposedly, police chased a suspect near the bridge and the guy got hit by the train that runs on the tracks above the bridge.

According to some people (mostly drunk teenagers), sometimes you can see a man in a bunnysuit carrying an axe walking around near the bridge at night.

The only other place I can think of is the Georgetown steps from "The Exorcist", but I heard that the real house that the exorcism took place in was in the Maryland suburbs of D.C. instead of in the city itself.

Still the steps scared the living daylights out of me when I was young.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 03:37 PM

20,005 posts, read 72,967,931 times
Scary? Creepy?

I got one!!!

Hillary Clinton grew up in Chicago.

Old 08-19-2007, 11:04 AM

3,742 posts, read 7,583,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Scary? Creepy?

I got one!!!

Hillary Clinton grew up in Chicago.
ROFLMFAO that scares the crap out of me just reading that Steve! But I've got a scarier story. The movie "The Exorcist" was based on a real event that happened in St. Louis at SLU, where I go

Old 08-19-2007, 04:11 PM

20,005 posts, read 72,967,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
ROFLMFAO that scares the crap out of me just reading that Steve! But I've got a scarier story. The movie "The Exorcist" was based on a real event that happened in St. Louis at SLU, where I go
Now thats nasty! I still get scoobs watching that movie.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:48 PM

274 posts, read 790,330 times
I'm a big "Weird NJ" fan, and there's a road near me that is supposedly the most haunted road in America. It's called Clinton Road, and is in West Milford, NJ. Some of the stories:

-If you throw pennies into the water at the bridge, a ghost child will appear in the water.

-There is an abandoned manor house up in the woods that is supposedly frequented by the KKK and other creepy groups. I had a friend who went to West Milford HS who told me that they used to have assemblies discussing cult and racist groups and how to stop them... he also saw some KKK members walking down the road one evening while on a dare to drive down there after dark.

- I know someone whose car was attacked by a bear in the road, and there are a lot of other equally weird stories about intimidating animals who run off back into the woods... in the 80's, there used to be a children's zoo up the road but it shut down for financial reasons, and many of the animals either escaped or were let go after the closing. There are newspaper stories about people finding monkeys in their backyards...lol

- There are tons of general ghost stories about the area... it's a 12 mile stretch of road in the middle of the woods with no houses, and while I've only driven down in the daytime, I've been told that the police who patrol the area actually stop people and ask them to turn around if they get there at night.

I don't think that EVERY story about Clinton Road is true, but the firsthand accounts I've heard have been pretty creepy.

Old 08-19-2007, 06:41 PM

458 posts, read 2,661,306 times
A girl got her feet sliced off on a ride at Six Flags in Louisville a couple of months ago

Old 08-19-2007, 07:51 PM

22,974 posts, read 61,673,441 times
A barren circle in the middle of the forest. One of North Carolina's
oldest legends. For hundreds of years, nothing has grown in the eerie 40-ft spot. Locals claim that
things left in the ring at night are gone by dawn. Explanations of the strange place include Indian
folklore, Druid priests, extra-terrestrial visits and a bizzare Satanic tale. The story claims that the
Devil himself makes nightly walks here, keeping the ground sterile and charred as he plots
his evil plans. Changing very little since it was discovered long ago, even scientists from the
Department of Agriculture cannot explain

the mysterious Devil's Tramping Ground
Devil's Tramping Ground

Old 08-19-2007, 07:51 PM

6,749 posts, read 20,890,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSL63087 View Post
A girl got her feet sliced off on a ride at Six Flags in Louisville a couple of months ago
Well not far from me is the Waverly Sanitorium where they used to keep TB patients. It has been closed for years but of course teens would break in and my sister was one of em. She is not afraid of much but vowed to never go back! It was showed on The World's Scariest places several years ago.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:28 PM

458 posts, read 2,661,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Well not far from me is the Waverly Sanitorium where they used to keep TB patients. It has been closed for years but of course teens would break in and my sister was one of em. She is not afraid of much but vowed to never go back! It was showed on The World's Scariest places several years ago.
wow, I've never even heard of that place. Sounds pretty scary.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:00 PM

2,775 posts, read 11,052,813 times
I live 10 or less miles south of Sleepy Hollow. I'm sure you all know that tale. Besides that tale, there has been many ghost stories in that town. From cemeteries in the woods to people's houses. Do I believe in ghosts? Yes, never did until last week. Went in my room all pissed off, turned on the light and the tv, everything was fine for about 20 minutes, then my light turned off, so I checked the switch which was down. Then my tv turned off. People say when a spirit is around dogs will bark. Well, my dog was barking.

I'm not sure what it was, but it was too creepy. I thought it was just our power, but when I saw the switch down, that's when I knew something was up.

I'm sure some of you will think I'm full of ****, but it's true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.