Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 07:29 PM

822 posts, read 2,201,758 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
I grew up in the Midwest/South area of the US (Kentucky). After that I lived in Cincinnati for a long time as well as Chicago, Wisconsin, and Florida. After living these places I moved out west to New Mexico. I lived there for awhile and then went on to Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and Portland, Oregon. I get bored easily living in one place so I move a lot. I usually average a year or two in a place. Anyway I now have moved back to the east and live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. This is the first time I have lived in the eastern United States in about eight years. I have noticed a lot of things now that I never noticed before about living in the east b/c I had never stayed out west for such a long period of time. I didn't realize how crowded the eastern United States is. I like to hike a lot and out west I would go out of the cities and go to many places where I never saw anyone. Here in the east it is near impossible to find a remote enough place to get away from other people. Also I have noticed my age a lot more because it seems to be more of a factor in the east than it is in the west. I'm 34. Here in the eastern US I have noticed that when I meet new people they usually ask how old I am within the first conversation. In the west I still have friends that have never asked me this question I presume b/c they just don't really care. I have also noticed that when I lived in the west my friends and I didn't make fun of each other as much but here in the east one of the ways we show affection to each other is to make fun of each other. Anyway I am curious as to what are some of the various differences that some of you who have lived on both sides of the US have noticed. Have a good one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.