U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 08:23 AM

20,005 posts, read 72,892,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
I'd say that honor goes to Phoenix!
Not even close, I see TONS more Jeeps here than in PHX and the surrounding area. Mathematically there are double the amount of folks here as there are in PHX which doubles the odds of having more Jeeps in our favor. Besides, we actually, you know, NEED the Jeeps here.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2007, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancocal View Post
Maybe one of these days Steve-o will throw a city-data
party in Busse woods or some trendy neighborhood venue
I cant stand Busse Woods anymore these days. Its just become a huge hangout spot, which I DONT want if Im going to a Forest Preserve. I want things to be quiet, and Busse Woods doesnt offer that anymore. A good quiet preserve is Waterfall Glen or Pratt-Wayne Woods.

Old 08-21-2007, 03:22 PM

4,472 posts, read 16,329,582 times
Quote:
Not even close, I see TONS more Jeeps here than in PHX and the surrounding area. Mathematically there are double the amount of folks here as there are in PHX which doubles the odds of having more Jeeps in our favor. Besides, we actually, you know, NEED the Jeeps here.
You should see the Jeep Club in Phoenix, it's HUGE! They have different activites throughout the year when they take their Jeeps on different trails through the desert. I went on one a while ago and it was a BLAST! Mathimatically speaking Chicago should have MORE but it also increases the number of every other brand of vehicle. I've seen more Jeeps in Phoenix than you could imagine.

Old 08-21-2007, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
You should see the Jeep Club in Phoenix, it's HUGE! They have different activites throughout the year when they take their Jeeps on different trails through the desert. I went on one a while ago and it was a BLAST! Mathimatically speaking Chicago should have MORE but it also increases the number of every other brand of vehicle. I've seen more Jeeps in Phoenix than you could imagine.
There are several Jeep clubs here too, which also hold outings in Indiana's Badlands area, etc. Im in Phoenix for several weeks every year. True there are lots of Jeeps, but not on the level of Chicagoland, youll just have to trust me on that. When was the last time you spent time in Chicagoland, especially the yuppy western burbs? There are even anti-Jeep clubs of Chevy and Ford owners, who refuse to hang out with and allow Jeeps into their clubs. One guy I see all the time has a Super Duty with about 12" of lift and 44" Super Swampers... he has a sticker on his tailgate that says: Barbie called, she wants her Jeep back. hahahahaha Cracks me up everytime. HE also has a windshield banner on his truck that says: Youre right, I DONT understand (to counter the "Its a Jeep thing, you wouldnt understand" stickers you see all over the place).

Northern Illinois Jeep Alliance :: Album

Old 08-22-2007, 12:54 AM

10 posts, read 25,754 times
Well, I think I've settled on Chicago so I'm going to take my further inquiries to that sub forum. Thanks for the help.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:08 AM

10 posts, read 55,165 times
Just in case Chicago doesn't work out. ( I love Chicago by the way...) Have you thought about the greater Sacramento area? Don't laugh...we're so underated. It has become cheaper due to the recent crash of the housing boom. You might consider mid-town Sac. I know there is a demand here for Radiation Therapists. I am one of those people who says hello and smiles at everyone and it is always reciprocated. LOTS to do. Good food, shows, music. I challenge anyone that says there isn't much to do-they just aren't out doing it! I am an avid backpacker and am in the Sierra's every other weekend. I drive a Jeep!! Only way to get to some of the trailheads And as you know-we're centrally located to everything. (And yes-it matters to me because I DO take advantage of all the great places nearby. Lake Tahoe, Napa, SF, Monterey, Yosemite...) Lots of working professional women downtown (State of CA employees, etc...) Maybe check out "Sactown Magazine." Just a thought! The irony here is I am possibly moving to AZ for work...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.